Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Staying at pop next weekend for my first solo trip! I’ve perused this thread but with the massive amount of replies and varied info,
Question: what would be the best standard room to request that meets my desires: quiet, least amount of passerby foot traffic? I don’t care about distance from bus stops or the classic hall or what floor (although I imagine top floors are usually quieter). Thanks!

Hello! Staying at pop next weekend for my first solo trip! I’ve perused this thread but with the massive amount of replies and varied info,
Question: what would be the best standard room to request that meets my desires: quiet, least amount of passerby foot traffic? I don’t care about distance from bus stops or the classic hall or what floor (although I imagine top floors are usually quieter). Thanks!

I did my last solo trip at Pop and my next one will be there, too. For what you want, I would request top floor, and I would also want to be facing outward - not toward the courtyards between buildings. Some people will probably say "lake view," but I don't know if that is so quiet now with the Skyliner.

Best bet is probably to call the WDW reservation line and request quiet, low traffic, high floor.

A bit back someone was asking about the new campfire at Pop. When we were there in April I took a couple of pictures. The campfire is located in the area near the Goofy statue with the car. It was offered from 7pm - 8pm. We didn't participate but it did look like fun!

A bit back someone was asking about the new campfire at Pop. When we were there in April I took a couple of pictures. The campfire is located in the area near the Goofy statue with the car. It was offered from 7pm - 8pm. We didn't participate but it did look like fun!

Are you allowed to bring your own smores supplies, or must you purchase from POP?

Are you allowed to bring your own smores supplies, or must you purchase from POP?
I can answer this question! A friend was there last week, and brought her own s'more supplies. She wasn't permitted to use them!!

I can answer this question! A friend was there last week, and brought her own s'more supplies. She wasn't permitted to use them!!

What?! That’s not nice. As long as you have a normal marshmallow and use their sticks it should be ok. I guess I would buy a marshmallow and use my other supplies. A few years ago it was free. (Marshmallows only)

Reactions: CJK

We had a bottom floor room in the 80s section in 2017 (I think we were 1-2 doors from the end of the section). It was a very quiet area. Once in a while we heard the people above us, but not enough to ruin our trip.

I don't mind that they ask you to purchase their supplies. $5 for a kit seems pretty reasonable. It would cost me more to purchase all of the supplies and be effort to carry them to Pop so I wouldn't mind paying the $5. That being said we would only need one kit. I can see it being more expensive if you have a larger family.

Not to mention the huge lines that are going to form when all the guests at both resorts have to use the one Skyliner station. If you thought the lines at the buses are bad for one resort, just wait until two resorts have only one place to go to get to two of the parks.

The lines will be nothing like the lines for the buses. The Skyliner continuously loads passengers. So no real waiting.

What?! That’s not nice. As long as you have a normal marshmallow and use their sticks it should be ok. I guess I would buy a marshmallow and use my other supplies. A few years ago it was free. (Marshmallows only)

I would imagine that it is like any restaurant in the real world (and should be at Disney IMHO) - no outside food or beverages. Which is largely in case of a food-borne illness. If it is their food it is easy to trace. If it is your own, not so much.

Marshmallows are still free at the other Value with a Campfire,All-Star Sports.

Doesn't seem very Groovy to charge a dollar for a marshmallow!lol:)

Hey all! Just noticed that Everything Pop is now on the app for mobile ordering. Has anyone used it yet? We're coming down in about a week and it's been about 6 years since we've been to Pop so I'm trying to imagine how well it would work there.
Great news! It was announced last week that it would be available in the coming months but this is very quick! Off to check out the app!

The options are limited on the mobile order, it does not have everything. Still nice, but maybe they will add more going forward. I do like the option of being able to order the whole pizza as we do this often at Pop. I like the cheesecake being an option, and would love to see the cupcakes added! Yum! I want to check the breakfast menu options one morning, as I'd love to order the mickey waffle bounty platter walking from the room.

Sadly no option for allergy food on the Pop mobile ordering menu (some Disney places do and some don’t). But hopefully in the future that might be added. I know I can order allergy food in person but would be great to be able to use the app for that at Pop.

The options are limited on the mobile order, it does not have everything. Still nice, but maybe they will add more going forward. I do like the option of being able to order the whole pizza as we do this often at Pop. I like the cheesecake being an option, and would love to see the cupcakes added! Yum! I want to check the breakfast menu options one morning, as I'd love to order the mickey waffle bounty platter walking from the room.

Are the slices of pizza on there? That along with the breakfast options would be what I'm most interested in.

Are the slices of pizza on there? That along with the breakfast options would be what I'm most interested in.
Actually no. I find it kind of weird that the whole pizza is on there but the slices aren’t an option. They have the meatballs and pasta dish on there, but no individual pizza slices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter