• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible bus service will still be continued after the gondola system has opened, but no one really knows for sure.

I sure hope the bus service from Pop continues after the Skyliner opens. It would be a pain to walk all the way from Pop to AoA just to get transportation to Epcot; and to walk from AoA all the way back to Pop after a long hot day at the parks.

I can't see them discontinuing the bus service from Pop and forcing all the Pop guests to hike over to AoA in order to get to the parks. The backups would be horrible.

I sure hope the bus service from Pop continues after the Skyliner opens. It would be a pain to walk all the way from Pop to AoA just to get transportation to Epcot; and to walk from AoA all the way back to Pop after a long hot day at the parks.
I’m pretty sure if bus service gets cancelled from Pop, it would also be cancelled from AofA, as the Gondola system services both resorts.

I can see bus service being shared between both resorts, but only time will tell.

I can't see them discontinuing the bus service from Pop and forcing all the Pop guests to hike over to AoA in order to get to the parks. The backups would be horrible.

Skyliner will serve both resorts and is located on the bridge that connects the 2 resorts. Bus service to EP and DHS will either be greatly reduced or completely eliminated at *both* resorts.

Skyliner will serve both resorts and is located on the bridge that connects the 2 resorts. Bus service to EP and DHS will either be greatly reduced or completely eliminated at *both* resorts.
Are you sure? No one else seems to know for certain. Am I missing an article on it?

Are you sure? No one else seems to know for certain. Am I missing an article on it?
The Skyliner station is between both resorts. It is believed Buses will continue to run once the Skyliner opens as there are some who will not be able to ride the Skyliner.

No formal announcement has been made by Disney about buses at gondola resorts at this time so truly there is no definitive answer until they do.

Haven't seen anything official from Disney (and doubt we will until Skyliner is up and running), I'm just going on what insiders on another board have said (and they have been spot on about all the other details of Skyliner so far -- as well as other Disney rumors/projects.). There is no way Disney will continue to run buses at the same rate they are now for those resorts. The Skyliner was built to alleviate bus traffic. It will accommodate ECVs and strollers and gondolas can be pulled off the main line and come to a complete stop for guests who need extra time to load due to physical challenges, so everyone will be able to use it. It would make no sense for them to continue to run a full schedule of buses to Epcot and DHS once this is finished -- it defeats the main purpose of the project. Again, we won't know exactly how bus service will be handled until Skyline opens, but I'm confident (personal opinion based on the track record of the insiders reporting it) it will be significantly reduced or eliminated once Skyliner is up and running for guests. It's the same as if you're staying at one of the MK monorail resorts -- your only option (as far as free Disney transportation) for getting to Epcot is the monorail. Doesn't matter if you're afraid of heights, have claustrophobia, etc., Disney doesn't provide buses to Epcot from those resorts unless the monorail isn't running.

The Skyliner station is between both resorts. It is believed Buses will continue to run once the Skyliner opens as there are some who will not be able to ride the Skyliner.

No formal announcement has been made by Disney about buses at gondola resorts at this time so truly there is no definitive answer until they do.

I've been following the big Skyliner thread on the Rumors & News forum, and it is sounding to me like Disney is making it so everyone can ride the Skyliner - ECVs, etc., I'm pretty sure someone even said service animals allowed. Some people won't want to ride, but that's a different issue.

I am betting there will still be some sort of bus service to Epcot and DHS, (especially DHS since they'll need all the help they can get for SWGE), but fewer and farther between.

And yes, the station is on the bridge, equal distance to both resorts. It is looking really cool!

Haven't seen anything official from Disney (and doubt we will until Skyliner is up and running), I'm just going on what insiders on another board have said (and they have been spot on about all the other details of Skyliner so far -- as well as other Disney rumors/projects.). There is no way Disney will continue to run buses at the same rate they are now for those resorts. The Skyliner was built to alleviate bus traffic. It will accommodate ECVs and strollers and gondolas can be pulled off the main line and come to a complete stop for guests who need extra time to load due to physical challenges, so everyone will be able to use it. It would make no sense for them to continue to run a full schedule of buses to Epcot and DHS once this is finished -- it defeats the main purpose of the project. Again, we won't know exactly how bus service will be handled until Skyline opens, but I'm confident (personal opinion based on the track record of the insiders reporting it) it will be significantly reduced or eliminated once Skyliner is up and running for guests. It's the same as if you're staying at one of the MK monorail resorts -- your only option (as far as free Disney transportation) for getting to Epcot is the monorail. Doesn't matter if you're afraid of heights, have claustrophobia, etc., Disney doesn't provide buses to Epcot from those resorts unless the monorail isn't running.
That is what I have always thought as well,but FWIW we posed that question to multiple management CMS at all the Skyliner Resorts and ALL said bus service would not change.

After those conversations I could still see bus service decreased at some point,but I don't see it being discontinued altogether.

I think MANY more Guests will have a "problem" "hanging from a cable" that riding in a "train" "secured" to a rail.

Only time will tell.:)

This is our families biggest complaint with our favorite resort, GF. We hate taking the monorail to and from Epcot, takes soooo long, our last trip it averaged 90 minutes:crazy2:. We would much rather take a bus, but cannot because it's not an option. We are staying at POP in November and we will personally see how good the skyline is or is not.

All. Anyone staying at Pop Century. I just put a full case of water and a mixed case of sodas in front of room 8106. Free to anyone here

Thank you for the replies. We will be at Pop in September, do you think Skyliner will be working by then?

We don't really know, but I'm in the camp that believes they surely want at least the POP/AOA - CBR - DHS lines running before SW:GE's end-of-August opening.

That is what I have always thought as well,but FWIW we posed that question to multiple management CMS at all the Skyliner Resorts and ALL said bus service would not change.

After those conversations I could still see bus service decreased at some point,but I don't see it being discontinued altogether.

I think MANY more Guests will have a "problem" "hanging from a cable" that riding in a "train" "secured" to a rail.

Only time will tell.:)

I don't think Disney cares why people are afraid to ride the Skyliner. People can simply take a cab/uber, drive their own cars, or not stay at those resorts if they're afraid of riding the Skyliner. We don't stay at the MK monorail resorts because we don't want to use the monorail for transportation. I'm sure CMs have been told to say they aren't aware of any plans to change bus service to those parks so they don't have any pre-opening uproars. It's also possible that upper level management simply hasn't told resort level management their plans. I'm very claustrophobic and have a fear of heights. I'm going to need to take anti-anxiety meds to ride this thing (we stay at AoA) so I would love for the buses to keep running on the same schedule they are right now. But from a business standpoint it makes no sense to do that. Now, they might not significantly reduce or eliminate the buses immediately, but I will be shocked (and pleasantly surprised) if it doesn't happen within a few weeks/months.

We don't really know, but I'm in the camp that believes they surely want at least the POP/AOA - CBR - DHS lines running before SW:GE's end-of-August opening.
Is the rumored July 4th weekend debut of the Skyliner still "hot"?

I think they will keep some buses running to Epcot and HS to accommodate those who don't want to take the Skyliner, just on a more limited schedule.

The bridge is a VERY long walk from the outlying buildings of AoA and Pop, much longer than the walk to the bus areas, and it's going to be a major problem for anyone with mobility issues, parents pushing strollers, etc. Not to mention the huge lines that are going to form when all the guests at both resorts have to use the one Skyliner station. If you thought the lines at the buses are bad for one resort, just wait until two resorts have only one place to go to get to two of the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter