Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be our first time at Pop and I’m wondering if the a/c has changed. Is it still on a sensor? I tried searching POP air conditioning but could only find an older thread with an eventual link how to bypass the thermostat. Is this still accurate? I like to sleep with fans on and will quite possibly bake without air movement. :crazy2:
I’m usually freezing in the room and sleep with all the covers on so you should be fine.

This will be our first time at Pop and I’m wondering if the a/c has changed. Is it still on a sensor? I tried searching POP air conditioning but could only find an older thread with an eventual link how to bypass the thermostat. Is this still accurate? I like to sleep with fans on and will quite possibly bake without air movement. :crazy2:

I pack a small USB fan and set it up on the credenza under the tv. There are plenty of USB outlets there and the AC tends to blow directly across it. The thermostat is sort of partially blocked by the coffee station, so it doesn’t seem like it shuts off at night like it used to. But I also like to keep air moving and the small fan is easy to pack and does the job. I sleep very warm and I haven’t had any issues staying cool enough in the refurbished rooms.

Now that Star Wars Land is opening in August, I wonder if the Skyliner will also open by then? I hope so! Imagine getting to DHS by gondola. I mean, Disney said SWGE will open in "fall", and "fall" turns out to mean August! The gondola is also opening in "fall", so what's to say it won't open then? I'm not planning on taking the gondola, I just want to see it running!
I would think so....they are gone a need it

Hello We have stayed at Pop before and loved it but our trip is in summer this year and I'm unsure whether to stay here again or not. Can anyone assure me or steer me away? Is it busy with large groups?
Thankyou!

Might add a night to our stay at AoA and stay at Pop just to sleep before EMM the next morning. Its 2 adults, 3 kids- 16,9,2. Im wondering what the space is in the room. Is there enough space for a pack n play, with the second bed pulled down? Or is it too tight? Trying to save money because we arrive in the evening and leave early for EMM so spending $450 to add a night in AoA suite seems like a waste of $.

Is it busy with large groups?
Thankyou!

Which Month?

If it is July,POP will be filled with the sounds of Spanish and Portuguese as The 15s enjoy their Winter Break at The Mouse House.

No way to know how many will be there or which section or sections they will be assigned at any given time in July-could be a "relatively" low number or could be like going to South America without leaving WDW!lol:)

Are there no fans in the bathroom that you can turn on and leave on? Here now and so upset with this room! They put is in an HA room which has zero storage, no tub (obviously) walk in shower, no separate door so 2 people can get ready at the same time. Would have requested a new room but DD got here 3 hours before me and had already unpacked and slept in the bed before I arrived. So I’m trying to suck it up and deal but now that I’m getting ready I realize the fan won’t stay on while I’m showering and it’s a sauna in there! Sorry for the rant but I saved up and waited a year for this trip to stay here and experience all the new things and it’s disappointing. I’m trying not to keep complaining and ruin DD’s trip too. Anyone have any ideas on the bathroom fan?

Are there no fans in the bathroom that you can turn on and leave on? Here now and so upset with this room! They put is in an HA room which has zero storage, no tub (obviously) walk in shower, no separate door so 2 people can get ready at the same time. Would have requested a new room but DD got here 3 hours before me and had already unpacked and slept in the bed before I arrived. So I’m trying to suck it up and deal but now that I’m getting ready I realize the fan won’t stay on while I’m showering and it’s a sauna in there! Sorry for the rant but I saved up and waited a year for this trip to stay here and experience all the new things and it’s disappointing. I’m trying not to keep complaining and ruin DD’s trip too. Anyone have any ideas on the bathroom fan?

Time to go to the Front Desk and ask for a different room.

Might add a night to our stay at AoA and stay at Pop just to sleep before EMM the next morning. Its 2 adults, 3 kids- 16,9,2. Im wondering what the space is in the room. Is there enough space for a pack n play, with the second bed pulled down? Or is it too tight? Trying to save money because we arrive in the evening and leave early for EMM so spending $450 to add a night in AoA suite seems like a waste of $.
You can fit a pack n play with the second bed pulled down, but IMO it is tight - especially if you have a large open stroller, etc. If you plan so you have everything you need for that next day in a single bag that might help make it easier so you’re not trying to open a lot of bags for a single morning.

I am all about saving money, so for a single night I think I personally would do it... but go into it realizing it’s going to be tight, there won’t be much room to just be walking around, but it’s only one night and sounds like you’ll only be using the space to sleep.

If the fan comes on when you are not in the shower, but stops when you are in the shower, it is probably on a motion sensor system (I've had those before), if I noticed the fan shut off, I'd stick my hand out of the curtain and just give a wave til it came back on. If the fan doesn't run at all, or if it seems faulty you can call maintenance, but as dansdad said, if it is going to ruin your trip, go down and ask to be moved, they usually are good about it if at all possible.

You can fit a pack n play with the second bed pulled down, but IMO it is tight - especially if you have a large open stroller, etc. If you plan so you have everything you need for that next day in a single bag that might help make it easier so you’re not trying to open a lot of bags for a single morning.

I am all about saving money, so for a single night I think I personally would do it... but go into it realizing it’s going to be tight, there won’t be much room to just be walking around, but it’s only one night and sounds like you’ll only be using the space to sleep.

Good to know. Thank you. We are bringing a larger umbrella type stroller- a Chicco Liteway- so it folds nicely. The flight Im looking to book lands at 930 pm so by the time we get to POP it would be late and we would be exhausted and likely pass out and wake up early for EMM. I haven't run this by DH, I know he doesnt like the idea of squishing into a room but it saves so much $, the difference between POP and AoA suite is almost the cost of EMM for all of us! I would have to make sure everything is in one bag so we don't have to unpack before we leave.

One other question: is it possible to keep our bags with bell services for the night instead of having them brought to our room late at night and brought back to the lobby in the early am? That would make things easier and save space. It would however require smart packing on my part to make sure we don't need anything from our luggage until we check in at AoA.

Don't feel like you can't ask to be moved. If you are unhappy with the room they will try to accommodate you. I totally get it that you don't want to complain but you deserve to enjoy your room. And they can easily have the room cleaned for another guest to check in. But I agree about leaving a small tip for the mousekeeping. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter