Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can COUNT on buses to DHS and Epcot being greatly reduced or eliminated entirely.

If not,why build Disney Skyliner?:love2:

I look at it as all semantics until the Skyliner is functioning. Will there be less buses? Yes, I believe there will be but, there will also be less demand for the buses.

Currently at park opening and closing it is common to see bus after bus enter Pop for the same park. Once the Skyliner is open and a number of guests choose that form of transportation to DHS and Epcot there will be less demand for buses. The number of buses will decrease but I'm not willing to say at this time that the buses will be stopped entirely.

Just my thoughts and these thoughts could be wrong in the long run. time will tell....

Was gonna respond to @WEDWDW post, but @scrappinginontario beat me to it and did a better job than I would have. :thumbsup2

We just don’t know, and doubt Disney entirely knows, the impact that the Skyliner will have on buses. I think it’s it’s safe to say it will likely lead to a reduction in busses to Epcot and HS, but time will tell.

The one thing I am fairly sure will not happen is that they will eliminate busses to those parks entirely. Just not gonna happen (at least for a long time). The biggest reason is their will be times where the skyliner will have to be down do to weather. Your also gonna have a portion of guest who will not ride them under any circumstances , do to fear of heights, Claustrophobia, etc. so while they will impact busses, we just have no way of knowing how much until they’ve been up and running for awhile.

Last edited:
In regards to buses, remember Y&BC have NO buses that run to DHS, and I assume the other Epcot resorts don't either. You either walk or take a slow boat. There are only buses if the boats cannot run.

In regards to buses, remember Y&BC have NO buses that run to DHS, and I assume the other Epcot resorts don't either. You either walk or take a slow boat. There are only buses if the boats cannot run.
I thought about this too, but you have the option to walk. That won’t be an option from pop or aoa so I still think they might run buses. It’s really hard to tell at this point though

I might be in the minority here but I just don't think they can or will reduce the buses.
First, they will still need to have enough buses available for when the weather causes a shut down.
Also, what would a reduced bus schedule look like..once an hour, that would be really unfair to those who can't ride the gondola's and just miss getting on one. Then you have the guests that will have to walk from being close to the skyliner to the food court for mainly breakfast and back..that's a lot of walking especially when it's hot or raining, and/or to make it for rope drop or fp's.
Right now when it's busy the buses are too crowded, I would say maybe even a safety concern. The Skyliner can just be a way to make the buses less crowded and more efficient.

Maybe they will do what they do at the All Stars..sort of..instead of 1 bus for the 3 All Star resorts during mid day, they can have 1 bus for DHS and Epcot during the non peak times of the day.

So true. So many people assume that if you stay at one of the Value resorts, it's because you can't afford anything else (not directed at anyone in particular...just a general statement). Nope. Some of us choose where to stay based on the vibe and atmosphere of a resort. I want to feel like a kid when I'm at Disney. The Value resorts help with that experience. For me, the Deluxe resorts make me feel like the grandparent that I am. I'm sure once it's DH & I traveling to Disney by ourselves, we'll stay at the Deluxe resorts because we'll have more down time and be able to enjoy the amenities. But for now, Pop & AoA are the experience we're looking for. FWIW, there have been a few trips where we've been a party of 5 (we're normally a party of 6 or more) and could have stayed in a standard room at certain Deluxe resorts for less money per night than what we paid for a suite at AoA. We still chose the suite because that's what *we* wanted. The Value Resorts aren't always the cheapest option.

I have been a "deluxe girl" for a few years now. And then, in December I booked our mother/son trip at POP (Had never stayed there before) because it was an awesome price with AP discount. We absolutely fell in love with POP, I kept gushing to my husband about it when we got home. He said "why don't you change spring break from AKL to POP then?" Of course, I'd gotten a great AKL price, and POP was no longer available for the length of our stay. However, it ended up being cheaper to fly in on Sunday night than Monday morning, even after adding a night at POP to the beginning of the trip to accommodate our earlier arrival. So excited to return! (But DH still won't experience it because he won't be joining us until Tuesday night). I am thinking we will definitely be booking some more stays at POP in the future! And I am thinking I will take DH over there one evening to check it out....and get myself a Dole Whip!

People speculate that yes prices will go up, but I don’t really know. I guess it depends if people are booking just because of the gondola. I really can’t see the prices going up that much more though. Pop has a lot going for it and we love it, but the rooms are small, there is no table service and no slides or hot tubs. I really don’t think it’s going to draw moderate/deluxe lovers in.
I hope you're right!

I don't know if the prices will go up because of the gondola, but the overall prices of the value hotels have been going up fast just the past couple of years, even before the gondola came to the scene. I remember about 4 years back when Pop's preferred rooms were discounted to $90! Yeah, I think Pop's price will go up even more, as much as Disney can get out of the place, depending on how the Skyliner will work out, how often it has to be down due to storms and such, how hot the cabins get when the sun comes out. If it works out nicely and people love it, Pop should have no trouble raising its prices all the way to Moderate level. It's pretty close even now. Like in June, Pop's non-discounted preferred pool view costs $189, whereas CB's preferred room during the same time, discounted, costs $208. Granted, one's discounted and one isn't, but it's getting difficult to find discounted rooms at Pop and one is often stuck with paying non-discounted prices. So imagine the Skyliner being popular, what that will do to Pop's prices.

For us, we are sticking with Pop no matter how much they charge.

And with Pop's new pool renovation, it wouldn't surprise me that they will put in a few small, slow, safe, inexpensive yet cute slides, like the one my local motel has (but much cuter). That alone will put Pop over AofA because they have no slides, just a bunch of statues. That might also help Pop to reach moderate prices.
I hear you...Pop's prices have been going up. We just really love it, and would want to continue to stay there.

How quickly plans change...I changed my reservation from Beach Club to POP for September. Kinda bummed but everyone has such great things to say about POP so I'm looking forward to staying there. My in-laws are staying at POP and we all decided it will be easier and more convenient to stay at the same place, as they haven't been to Disney in 15+ years. I saved $1000 by doing so, so bonus!

....and get myself a Dole Whip!
They have Dole Whips at POP??

How quickly plans change...I changed my reservation from Beach Club to POP for September. Kinda bummed but everyone has such great things to say about POP so I'm looking forward to staying there. My in-laws are staying at POP and we all decided it will be easier and more convenient to stay at the same place, as they haven't been to Disney in 15+ years. I saved $1000 by doing so, so bonus!

They have Dole Whips at POP??

Yes indeedy!

I have been a "deluxe girl" for a few years now. And then, in December I booked our mother/son trip at POP (Had never stayed there before) because it was an awesome price with AP discount. We absolutely fell in love with POP, I kept gushing to my husband about it when we got home.

I know exactly what you mean! While I had stayed at POP several times 2005-2009, I hadn't been back until my solo December trip. The in between years were POR, KV, BLT and Poly. I booked it for the great price and because I wanted to make it a more budget friendly trip. I was a little concerned about the new rooms, but loved them, too. It was a fabulous stay. Especially love Christmas at POP! I will be back for sure.

Monorail resorts have no alternate transportation to Epcot, aside from buses when the monorail is down.
And that is the precedent that at least makes it "possible" there will be no buses-I think it is a given the buses will at least be GREATLY reduced as that is the main purpose for the Skyliner-to reduce or eliminate the buses and replace them with the more environmentally friendly Skyliner.:)

Stayed at pop last week for 4 nights with my daughter. It was fantastic! Our 3rd stay there in 3 years. We actually had a little welcome back present in the room from the manager! All the employees were pleasant and the buses were phenomenal. Never more than a 5 minute wait (although I know a lot is luck).

Loved all the space with just two people and being able to keep the second bed in table format the whole time. Can't wait to visit once the skyliner is open but our next trip will likely be 2021

I have been a "deluxe girl" for a few years now. And then, in December I booked our mother/son trip at POP (Had never stayed there before) because it was an awesome price with AP discount. We absolutely fell in love with POP, I kept gushing to my husband about it when we got home. He said "why don't you change spring break from AKL to POP then?" Of course, I'd gotten a great AKL price, and POP was no longer available for the length of our stay. However, it ended up being cheaper to fly in on Sunday night than Monday morning, even after adding a night at POP to the beginning of the trip to accommodate our earlier arrival. So excited to return! (But DH still won't experience it because he won't be joining us until Tuesday night). I am thinking we will definitely be booking some more stays at POP in the future! And I am thinking I will take DH over there one evening to check it out....and get myself a Dole Whip!

I’m glad to hear your loved Pop! We stayed there in 2014, but we’ve been staying at deluxes ever since. We are headed back in a few weeks and I was a little nervous about it. I’m hoping it does not disappoint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter