Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking into POP 2 weeks from today!! I'm looking for some feedback on room location. On previous stays we've been in 70's, Building 10 and 50's, Building 3. I liked both areas just fine, but am thinking about trying something different this time and requesting 60's lakeside. I like the idea of being closer to the bridge to AoA while still being relatively close to Classic Hall. What do you guys think of this location?

I LOVED our room, 60's, 1st floor, lake view, very close to Hall. We were in room 5118. I faxed over a room request for room 5113, and go a room 5 doors down, was perfect.
Check out my blog for pics of the view (Day 1, and Notes posts have view pics)!
http://mydisneydreaming.blogspot.com/

Checking into POP 2 weeks from today!! I'm looking for some feedback on room location. On previous stays we've been in 70's, Building 10 and 50's, Building 3. I liked both areas just fine, but am thinking about trying something different this time and requesting 60's lakeside. I like the idea of being closer to the bridge to AoA while still being relatively close to Classic Hall. What do you guys think of this location?

We were in a lake view room (#4450) in building 4 of the 60's section several years ago. It was an awesome location! It was a quiet area, beautiful view, and yet we were only steps away from the pool (but not facing it -- so no noise issues) and the food court and bus stops were a quick walk. And while AoA wasn't open (or even built) at that time, that 60's lake view location now has that added bonus of being close to the bridge to AoA making it very appealing to walk over to eat at the food court there or take the bus back to AoA from a park when the lines for Pop look too long.

Last edited:
I LOVED our room, 60's, 1st floor, lake view, very close to Hall. We were in room 5118. I faxed over a room request for room 5113, and go a room 5 doors down, was perfect.
Check out my blog for pics of the view (Day 1, and Notes posts have view pics)!
http://mydisneydreaming.blogspot.com/
Loved your blog post, nice family! Great view from your room! I'm putting that one on our fax.

We have been in both and....October was much hotter for us. October (we went from the 11 - 18 or something?) was just plain GROSS with humidity and heat. I am not sure if it was that awful because my body had already acclimated to the cooler weather at home (I mean, when I go in August, my body is already used to the oppressive heat/humidity...so it's like being at home..).

But, I was SHOCKED at how hot October was. Just a heads up. Skipping August doesn't mean skipping the (wonderful, beautiful, joyous) misery ;)

We have 10 days at Pop on tap in just under 2 months!

The humidity was really bad in October. We had the same experience, and it's one of the reasons we are doing our WDW wedding in November instead. We were sticky and gross, and we didn't want our families (From Winnipeg, Canada) to have to endure that!

when looking at rooms on Disney reservations, which do you book for lakeside view? A preferred ? looking at 60's lakeside to be close to AOA. TIAprincess:

A question for the Pop experts - we had to book a preferred pool view room to get our discount. I don't really want a pool view room, I would rather have someplace quiet and lakeside. It's just me and a toddler who needs quiet to sleep, but I don't want to be on the fourth floor with a stroller and have to depend on the elevator the whole time. I'm guessing my only options are noisy on the ground floor, or quieter but elevator-access rooms?

We're thinking of booking a last minute trip and staying at POP. If I don't upgrade to a preferred section/room, which section would you recommend? We like the idea of being close to the busses/main building or bridge to AOA., or at least as close as we can without the upgrade. TIA

A question for the Pop experts - we had to book a preferred pool view room to get our discount. I don't really want a pool view room, I would rather have someplace quiet and lakeside. It's just me and a toddler who needs quiet to sleep, but I don't want to be on the fourth floor with a stroller and have to depend on the elevator the whole time. I'm guessing my only options are noisy on the ground floor, or quieter but elevator-access rooms?

I just did this last week. The only room category available with a discount was a pool view. I booked it, and when I checked in online I requested highest floor, lakeview. I got a call from a rather confused CM whom I explained the situation to. I told her I was more than willing to pay the price of what I booked for a downgraded room. She not only gave me the room I was looking for. but credited me the price difference as well. I believe that the night we stayed was completely booked (cheerleaders), so I'm guessing someone got a free upgrade.

Hi everyone! We’re down to ~30 days and I need to figure out how we should approach our hotel reservations. I know I will have to call Disney and give them some room requests, I’m just debating on how I should approach this.

Party #1 - 5/23 to 5/24 Standard Pool Room (No Dining)
Party #2 - 5/23 to 5/24 Standard Pool Room (No Dining)
Party #1 - 5/24 to 5/29 Standard Room (w/ Dining Plan)
Party #2 - 5/24 to 5/29 Standard Room (w/ Dining Plan)
Party #3 - 5/24 to 5/31 Standard Room (w/ Dining Plan & prefer King bed)

Standard Room was sold out when we added that extra day without the dining plan. Ideally, I would want all of our rooms to be in the same building. They don’t have to right next to each other but nearby. 50’s seems like it would be an ideal area for us. We’ll be going with a few seniors so I don’t want to be on the lake and have them walk super far to the bus or car.

I wish I could downgrade all rooms to a Standard Room and request to be in the same room the entire trip. Should I just call Disney and link reservations, request that all 5 reservations be in the same building, and request if the last reservation could have a King Bed? I didn't want to do Online Check-In just yet and then we show up to find our rooms are all across the resort.

I want to make this request as simple and least confusing as possible. Thanks in advance!

We had a standard room in the 50s section, which was in a quieter area of the resort because it wasn't right next to the pool. I thought it was in the perfect area because we just had to walk past the pool to get to the bus stop and food court.

Loved the Fridge swap at POP for many years. Great to hear POP now has fridges in all rooms!

Now what about a toaster or a coffee maker? Any swaps for those?
If not we're planning on shipping a box with those and a few other items to POP and then seeing if someone else checking in on our last day wants them. Just a cheap $10 toaster and coffee maker!

Couple of questions for those who might be there now:

1. What is the current cupcake being offered at Pop right now? I've read that the King cupcake isn't there anymore :-)sad:) so I am wondering what has replaced it?

2. Are the nachos no longer available in the food court? They are not listed on the menu for Pop anymore.

:thanks:

Loved the Fridge swap at POP for many years. Great to hear POP now has fridges in all rooms!

Now what about a toaster or a coffee maker? Any swaps for those?
If not we're planning on shipping a box with those and a few other items to POP and then seeing if someone else checking in on our last day wants them. Just a cheap $10 toaster and coffee maker!

I bring a travel coffee maker that makes one cup at a time, Black & Decker one that I got from Amazon. It was less than $20 so totally worth it! I need my coffee when I get up, and don't like the idea of trekking to the food court for it.

As far as toasters, they are available in the food court from what I understand, as well as microwaves. A toaster wouldn't be allowed in the room, as it's a fire hazard (and would smell up the room likely).

Just booked my vacation this morning! Booked August with FREE DINING! 110 days to go! SUPER EXCITED :)
We have stayed Pop twice before (50's section), and the boys had requested All Star Movies for Mighty Ducks, but it wasn't available in the free dining offer. So we are back at Pop. I'm thinking of requesting Building 9 this time. My boys are currently obsessed with RubikCube, so I thought this would be fun for them, and the close to the pool.

So it's been 1.5 years since I was at Pop. What is "new" that I should know about? Any changes? Or should I expect anything in different come August?
This will also be the first time we drive down, so I will have my car with me. Looking forward to buying some groceries as silly as that sounds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter