• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been yet, but I would guess that in the "post office" area at Pop they would have what you need since they ship packages from there.

10 Days to Go!!! I live in the Tampa area, so typically just do day trips to Disney. This is our first trip in forever that we're spending multiple days (4 days, 3 nights) & have the meal plan. It's my birthday celebration, we have reservations at Flying Fish (Valentines), California Grill & Cape May Cafe, can't wait!!! :dance3:

Will be trying POP for the 1st time in Apr 2016! Spending the more expensive Fri and Sat nights there will enable me to stay longer at WDW. I will move to a mod for 5 nights after POP. If I love it maybe my next WHOLE trip will be there!!

32 days to go here....got our passholder magic bands yesterday and have the resort bands on the way....will be spring break for us.

We have shipped stuff back from Pop and they had tape for us to use.

We have 47 days to go!

We left POP a couple of days ago. Some great and not so great experiences there. All staff were lovely, rooms were cleaned beautifully, loved how the staff interacted with guests. Loved talking to other guests. Didn't love the food court there (or at AOA). Didn't love the last few days when a group of teens had to have security and (apparently) the police called because of the behaviour. a great shame as it was magical for most of our time but don't think I would risk it again as in the end all we wanted to do was leave. Food court could be better managed perhaps with special queues for newbies or people who hadn't researched the dining plan ;) can recommend the sesame chicken and the chicken pot pie.

I think I'm hoping for the impossible.... I'm staying for 3 nights before chaperoning a small group. My travel agent has asked for me to stay in the same room and linked the numbers. Any guesses on the odds of that happening? This is in mid-April and there is till a lot of availability of rooms showing up when I check. We will have a block of about 12 rooms. Usually near each other but not all exactly together. I've always gotten lucky when I've had split reservations before but I think my odds are low this time :(

There are not many king bed rooms--we have never once had that request granted though we were once offered a king handicapped room but it had a roll in shower room which we weren't comfortable with. We always have gotten our request of floor level granted and usually the building area or at least close by.

My daughter and her husband had one of those rooms when they were married last year--we referred to it as "The Honeymoon Suite" :rolleyes1

Does it make any difference if we use online check-in 1 day in advance v. 30 days in advance? Is there a better chance of getting your room requests met if you check in earlier?

WWOOOOHHOOOOO! Just paid the balance on my first solo vacation and first time @pop. I can:t wait = only 89 days to go!!!!!!!

I am 13 days away from my first Disney solo trip! Hope you love Pop and have a magical time! My DH and I love Pop, and usually do a split stay between Pop and WL or Poly.

This may seem like a strange question, but are the in-room safes at pop with a passcode you enter or a physical key? Just curious.

Does it make any difference if we use online check-in 1 day in advance v. 30 days in advance?

It only makes a difference when it comes to room requests made during online check in. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival. If you do online check-in 1 day prior it will be too late.

Is there a better chance of getting your room requests met if you check in earlier?

Since your room is assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival it doesn't make a difference. They only time it would is if the resort is at capacity and somebody checking in before you had a hissy fit about their room assignment and they then had to give them yours instead. This is very rare as they really try to avoid doing this. If somebody does complain they will look for an unassigned room first.

This may seem like a strange question, but are the in-room safes at pop with a passcode you enter or a physical key? Just curious.

Not a strange question at all. Unless they have made a very recent change, they are key operated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter