Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think plain hot water is available by the coffee pots, right?
Right. The coffee maker heats the water and the coffee filled pod turns that water into coffee. Leave out the pod and what comes out is plain hot water.

One Guest we talked to had a great suggestion-they should make the floors of Skyliner see-through!
Ha ha. I would love that, but it would be the deal changer for DW. She isn't comfortable with heights, although is excited about the Skyliner since it is enclosed. A see though floor would put her over the edge... literally. :)

j
I agree that they should NOT make the floors see-through! I'm fine riding and looking out the windows, but being able to see down through the floor would make me very uncomfortable!

How is the construction noise at the 60's pool? Do they have it hidden behind some type of temp. wall?

How is the construction noise at the 60's pool? Do they have it hidden behind some type of temp. wall?
There doesn't appear to be major walls up but I saw pictures of them using a jackhammer to break up the surface of the pool. I would anticipate that until that is done, there will be some construction noise for the 'Preferred Pool View Rooms' during normal construction hours.

It appeared from the pics though that a big portion of the surface was already broken up.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...truction-updates-leggings-and-classic-treats/

There doesn't appear to be major walls up but I saw pictures of them using a jackhammer to break up the surface of the pool. I would anticipate that until that is done, there will be some construction noise for the 'Preferred Pool View Rooms' during normal construction hours.

It appeared from the pics though that a big portion of the surface was already broken up.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...truction-updates-leggings-and-classic-treats/
I guess I'll see for myself in SEVEN days....yeah!

I'm sure this is answered somewhere on this thread :) but anyone know the walking time from the 50's Buildings to the Skyliner Station?

I'm sure this is answered somewhere on this thread :) but anyone know the walking time from the 50's Buildings to the Skyliner Station?
Depends on where you are in the 50’s. I was in building 3 on my most recent trip, at the end of the building closest to the lake so it was maybe five minutes. If you were in the farthest room probably ten minutes tops. I was way out in the 80’s the trip before that and it was about ten.

No walls up around the pool but we weren’t bothered by the jackhammering today during our rest day. I had no problems taking a nap.

I'm looking, but I haven't seen a completion date for the pool. Anyone know? I'm going end of April.

Also, has anyone ever requested a specific room, floor, and/or building at POP?

I'm looking, but I haven't seen a completion date for the pool. Anyone know? I'm going end of April.

Also, has anyone ever requested a specific room, floor, and/or building at POP?

A few sites have suggested the pool construction will be done by March 31 and the pool will reopen on April 1, but obviously anything can happen when it comes to refurbishment timelines.

Yes, I have placed many requests using Touring Plans room request form. Others have done faxes to whatever the fax number at Pop is (don't ask me, I have no idea!). We've been pretty successful.

Is it to cold in Florida now, to go in the pool in the afternoon? Will I see people in the pool at all?
you need to check the weather for your dates.
10 days ago the rerouted the full marathon because of the heat.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Blizzard Beach has been closed for the past 3 days due to extreme cold.

If the pools are open I’m sure you’ll find some of us crazy Canadians in them!! :banana:

Is it to cold in Florida now, to go in the pool in the afternoon? Will I see people in the pool at all?
It’s cold there now, but it could be warm next week, so sure, you’ll probably see people swimming mid day. We swim in the afternoon in winter when it’s sunny. We don’t mind if it’s cool out.

Today was cold and windy, so not much action around the pools. But since the pools are heated people do swim in fairly cold temperatures. They just appear to delay getting out of the pool as long as possible. I would guess it depends on what you are used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter