Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the current Skyliner hours? We arrive the end of next week and I am trying into figure out when we need to use the buses or Uber. We have early breakfast reservation at Topolino and are hoping to not need a taxi etc. Are the hours posted anywhere on the Disney site or app?

What are the current Skyliner hours? We arrive the end of next week and I am trying into figure out when we need to use the buses or Uber. We have early breakfast reservation at Topolino and are hoping to not need a taxi etc. Are the hours posted anywhere on the Disney site or app?

I've bookmarked this site as I find it most accurate. I have not found the Skyliner hours posted on the Disney website.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Thanks! I use a larger (but within Disney limits) ECV (see pick below). I have a cane holder on the back and it seems to make things a little snug when trying to fit into the elevator. How wide (maneuverable) are the exterior "hallways" on the upper floors? I had been considering getting a ground floor room.

View attachment 467345
As others have shared, there is no problem getting ECV's into any of the rooms. The doorways are standard width. Possibly the HA rooms have wider doorways? @RaySharpton will know more about those doors and I'm sure he'll respond here.

Hi, scrappinginontario and Euby.

This is the doorway entrance to a Pop roll-in shower room at 2'-10"-Front Door opened at its widest [34"] from one metal door frame to the closest edge of the opened door.

6'-7.4" x 2'-10.7"-Front metal door frame interior H x W [79-1/2" h x 34-3/4"]

I know that it is only 3/4" difference with the door open from the door's edge to the opposite side of the metal door frame, but some folks may want to know.

If you look in my signature below I have a link to all of the measurements for that room.

I recognize the Pride Victory 10 3- wheel mobility scooter.

If you have someone to hold the door open for you, that would be helpful.

Or if alone, bring a door wedge to hold the door open.

I usually made a very wide turn to get in a position facing the door entrance to unlock it, use my foot to partially open it to keep it from closing.

Then using my arm outstretched to push the door open while slowly enter my room until I could just use my hand to hold the door as I entered.

Some folks get off of their mobility scooter and slowly guide and roll it where they want to park it.

Last edited:

Are the buses to Epcot and Studios still running hourly?
Definitely.

So few Guests are not using Skyliner I doubt they will ever run buses any more often again.
49433092022_a51c13e296_b.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely.

So few Guests are not using Skyliner I doubt they will ever they will run buses any more often again.
49433092022_a51c13e296_b.jpg
At least it looks like they put bus arrival times on the board when a bus is on it’s way. I wasn’t even certain they still did this for Epcot and HS, so that’s good.

How accurate are the bus board times? Will it list things exactly the same on the MDE app? I remember reading somewhere that the times weren’t at all accurate right after they switched the Epcot and HS buses when the SkyLiner’s open and was hoping that was just a problem for a week or two.

How accurate are the bus board times? Will it list things exactly the same on the MDE app? I remember reading somewhere that the times weren’t at all accurate right after they switched the Epcot and HS buses when the SkyLiner’s open and was hoping that was just a problem for a week or two.
I find the app and the bus boards to be the same.

They are suggestions but not always accurate. I tend to err on the side of caution and arrive at least 5 mins before the displayed time as I've seen them arrive and leave early.

I've also been there and watched the time for the next bus keep changing to later, later, later. This was mainly the case with buses to the water parks and Disney Springs. The park buses tend to be more frequent and accurate.

I've bookmarked this site as I find it most accurate. I have not found the Skyliner hours posted on the Disney website.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html
Oh! I'm glad you shared this! Thank you! The last one I searched for showed a Saturday time starting at 7:00. I see this one is 7:30. We have a breakfast ADR at Topolino for 7:30. Looks like I better look at driving, Uber, or Minnie Van to be safe! I didn't want to drive since we are heading to Epcot for the day, and I wanted to use the skyliner. Now to research booking Minnie Van!! 20 days til HOME!!

They are suggestions but not always accurate. I tend to err on the side of caution and arrive at least 5 mins before the displayed time as I've seen them arrive and leave early.

I've also been there and watched the time for the next bus keep changing to later, later, later. This was mainly the case with buses to the water parks and Disney Springs. The park buses tend to be more frequent and accurate.

When I went to Disney Springs last week, the sign said next bus at 1:20 and it came at 1:15, which considering it was DS really surprised me. So even DS can come early (probably only when you aren’t in a hurry and it’s not too hot/cold to wait, lol!). I use the bus time on the app as a guideline and aim to arrive about halfway between last bus and next bus.

You have never been able to rely on them being 100% accurate as they are updated in real time. So it can update quite a bit depending on traffic, catching lights, etc. And then, they can not update at all and the bus shows up early. What bothers me to see is when guests try to calm their impatient kids by showing them "look, a bus will be here in 5 minutes" and then it updates to 5 minutes later, then again, etc. I have seen it create multiple meltdowns as they don't understand.

You have never been able to rely on them being 100% accurate as they are updated in real time. So it can update quite a bit depending on traffic, catching lights, etc. And then, they can not update at all and the bus shows up early. What bothers me to see is when guests try to calm their impatient kids by showing them "look, a bus will be here in 5 minutes" and then it updates to 5 minutes later, then again, etc. I have seen it create multiple meltdowns as they don't understand.

Yeah, we’ve also seen the same thing! On our last trip we actually saw a mother tell family “look the bus just arrived” and preceded to skip the line and try to board the bus. Luckily I didn’t have to say anything because the driver caught them and said they had to get to the back of the line. She then preceded to throw a fit saying he should let her family on because it wasn’t fair to make them wait until the next bus. :rotfl:

Understand you can’t entire rely on them and don’t expect them to, but glad to see they’re relatively accurate.

So it looks like the hippy dippy pool will be under construction beginning winter 2020.... when should I expect winter 2020 to begin? We are there early/mid November.
Planning my first WDW trip :D

OMG...that's like here in NH...brrrrr. For me, 60's would be beautiful though, and it looks good for my week, except it says rain for a few days in a row.

:wave2: Hi, It appears that we are going to be at Pop at the same time. I was looking at the extended forcast too, way too much rain predicted for the week. :umbrella: I keep hoping that it might change! 🤞 I am a southern girl that gets cold if the temperature drops below 70, so once the sun goes down, it is going to feel really cold to me. Cold and wet is not fun. :sad: I wonder if the skyliner will run in the rain? 🌩⛈

:wave2: Hi, It appears that we are going to be at Pop at the same time. I was looking at the extended forcast too, way too much rain predicted for the week. :umbrella: I keep hoping that it might change! 🤞 I am a southern girl that gets cold if the temperature drops below 70, so once the sun goes down, it is going to feel really cold to me. Cold and wet is not fun. :sad: I wonder if the skyliner will run in the rain? 🌩⛈
I’ve ridden it in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!