Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A preferred room will put you close to the Food Court and the buses, but not the Gondola Station.

The rooms in the 60’s buildings closest to the bridge facing inward towards the kiddie pool are considered preferred.

I always assumed they were preferred pool, even though they are listed as preferred and not preferred pool in the touring plans room views and the Pop map that shows room categories. I thought maybe they were listed wrong, but I’ve been placed in that section twice when booking a preferred room and I’ve asked both times if that was a pool view room and have been told no.

So you could get a preferred room right by the Gondola station.

Last edited:
This is my first time staying at a Disney Resort (I’ve always stayed offsite) and have reservations for Pop Century in May 2020. I read that it’s very difficult to have special room requests filled at all at Disney, so do I even bother making a request? I would prefer to have a lake view room at Pop Century just based on people’s photos that I’ve seen. Possibly 70s lake view. How far in advance are you able to request this and is it worth it to even try and request or is it unlikely to happen? I would love early check in as well but I’m pretty much counting that out at Disney World and expecting it to be no earlier than 3pm. Thank you!!

I’m not sure they’ll add a category but personally, I can see more rooms being categorized as ‘preferred’ and having less ‘standard’ rooms.
This is what is making me think not to even request 60s building.
i.e. We booked a standard room for Aug 2020 trip and those lake view rooms in 60s seem like the best of all worlds (close to skyliner, nor far from main building or buses...and lake view quiet). But if they change those to preferred, then our request gets thrown out.

... I would love early check in as well but I’m pretty much counting that out at Disney World and expecting it to be no earlier than 3pm. Thank you!!
Didn't think of this. Do they hold bags? We would be coming right from a cruise so would arrive 10am or so? Then would like to drop our bags and head to the park. Didn't occur to me that we couldn't check in but if we could at least put our bags somewhere safe we could manage.

This is my first time staying at a Disney Resort (I’ve always stayed offsite) and have reservations for Pop Century in May 2020. I read that it’s very difficult to have special room requests filled at all at Disney, so do I even bother making a request? I would prefer to have a lake view room at Pop Century just based on people’s photos that I’ve seen. Possibly 70s lake view. How far in advance are you able to request this and is it worth it to even try and request or is it unlikely to happen? I would love early check in as well but I’m pretty much counting that out at Disney World and expecting it to be no earlier than 3pm. Thank you!!
If you have a preference, make a request. There’s no guarantee, but why not?
You can call Disney right now and add the request on your reservation. :)

With all the talk about room categories and the gondolas, it made me think of another question. We'll be visiting in February 2020, and the Hippy Dippy Pool will be under refurbishment (and thus closed). How will that work for people who paid extra for a pool view and are stuck in one of the rooms facing that pool? I booked a standard room and requested building 4, 5, or 6. We've stayed in building 5 in a standard room, and it was an easy walk to Classic Hall. I'm thinking the buildings I requested will be a nice middle ground between the gondola and the buses. I just don't want to be in buildings 2, 7, 8, or 9.

Didn't think of this. Do they hold bags? We would be coming right from a cruise so would arrive 10am or so? Then would like to drop our bags and head to the park. Didn't occur to me that we couldn't check in but if we could at least put our bags somewhere safe we could manage.
You can store your bags at Bell Services.

We are arriving at 10:45am by flight from Chicago. So we are in a similar situation. Yes the hotel will hold your bags until your room is ready, no problem there. I'm not expecting to be able to get into our room until 3pm. So we are bringing our swimsuits in our carry on bags, so we can either go in the resort pool or go to Disney Springs that afternoon and then get into the room later in the evening.

With all the talk about room categories and the gondolas, it made me think of another question. We'll be visiting in February 2020, and the Hippy Dippy Pool will be under refurbishment (and thus closed). How will that work for people who paid extra for a pool view and are stuck in one of the rooms facing that pool? I booked a standard room and requested building 4, 5, or 6. We've stayed in building 5 in a standard room, and it was an easy walk to Classic Hall. I'm thinking the buildings I requested will be a nice middle ground between the gondola and the buses. I just don't want to be in buildings 2, 7, 8, or 9.
I think I read somewhere that preferred poolview is not a bookable category during the pool refurbishment. I’m assuming those rooms will still be bookable though. Maybe as preferred?

Thank you! Have noted Bell Services or Luggage Services in my Disney planning notes. Will have to be organized and figure out what we will need for the parks but we're only coming for 2.5 days post cruise so will want to maximize park time.

I think I read somewhere that preferred poolview is not a bookable category during the pool refurbishment. I’m assuming those rooms will still be bookable though. Maybe as preferred?
ah, ok. That makes sense. So the pool view category didn't include the other pools? It only referred to the Hippy Dippy Pool?

And if you arrive and your assigned room is not your preference,very politely ask again at the Front Desk and tell them you don't mind waiting until later in the day.

We have done this many times and they usually try their best to find a room we want-it is not always possible,but I would guess about 70 % of the time the Front Desk has found us a room we wanted.

Do I call by using the My Disney Experience App and using 'Call Resort Hotel'? Is that the best way to do the request is directly through POP? Thanks!

And if you arrive and your assigned room is not your preference,very politely ask again at the Front Desk and tell them you don't mind waiting until later in the day.

We have done this many times and they usually try their best to find a room we want-it is not always possible,but I would guess about 70 % of the time the Front Desk has found us a room we wanted.

Thank you I will definitely keep this in mind when we arrive at the hotel.

You.can check in anytime after the computers have flipped to the day - around 6am I think. You room may not be ready until 3 (or later if unusual circumstances), but if it is not you can store your bags with luggage assistance.

The rooms in the 60’s buildings closest to the bridge facing inward towards the kiddie pool are considered preferred.

I always assumed they were preferred pool, even though they are listed as preferred and not preferred pool in the touring plans room views and the Pop map that shows room categories. I thought maybe they were listed wrong, but I’ve been placed in that section twice when booking a preferred room and I’ve asked both times if that was a pool view room and have been told no.

The rooms facing the splash pad are correctly identified on Touring Plans. They are preferred Rooms.

To me these will be the very best Preferred rooms once the Skyliner opens as they’re close to everything. I can see them being requested often!
This is what is making me think not to even request 60s building.
i.e. We booked a standard room for Aug 2020 trip and those lake view rooms in 60s seem like the best of all worlds (close to skyliner, nor far from main building or buses...and lake view quiet). But if they change those to preferred, then our request gets thrown out.
With your vacation being more than a year away, you can make a request now and change it later. I don’t believe how early you make your request has anything to do with where you are eventually placed. It’s a large game of Tetris that is played each day by the system/room assigners, trying to grant as many guests their preferred location as possible while working with people coming, going and those (like me) who request a location change if my originally assigned room is not where I’d prefer it to be.
I just tried to book a 1 night reservation for mid-Feb and ‘Preferred Pool View’ rooms are listed as not available and to choose a different category.
ah, ok. That makes sense. So the pool view category didn't include the other pools? It only referred to the Hippy Dippy Pool?
Yes.

Thanks for the info. I too as always thought those were Preferred Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter