Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting so excited!! We leave in just 28 days :) Its only 5 days but we plan to make the most out of every one!! How doable is doing FOP and Slinky dog at rope drop? These were the only 2 we couldn't get because we booked in late January. Let me know. Its been 5 years since we were at Disney we are so ready!!! :)

We were able to rope drop FOP in September and only got the park 30 min early for a EMH day. Slinky dog was easier and quicker to get on 30ish min before park close.

I was going to say exactly what @Earningmywings said except we arrived at AK 45 mins before park opening. FoP at Rope Drop, SDD easier last thing at night.

Wow, seriously? Toast Marshmallows at Values? What's the point of staying at a deluxe then? Pop is providing pool towels and now marshmallows and next gondolas... The deluxes are going to lose customers to Pop this way.

Later edit: never mind, you have to pay for the Marshmallows.
haha, marshmallows are free at Poly, but I think the graham/chocolate kit costs more.

I'm now a POP convert.

Just finished my first stay - 6 nights. Love the theming. Love the room. For a solo traveler it's just about perfect - I never dropped the bed - but I can imagine putting that bed up and down every day would get old. I was in the 1950's section with a room overlooking the lake. Was close enough to the buses and food court. One thing I really liked was the option of taking AoA buses from the parks - that walk across the bridge is quite pleasant. If there were too many people in the POP line I'd take the AoA bus.

I wasn't a fan of the food. Had dinner once and breakfast twice. Just adequate. But I did stop at AoA's food court for dinner - a very nice meal there.

Front Desk and Luggage Service CM's were very nice and helpful. The food court was often overwhelmed with the "fifteens" so the CM's there seemed, shall I say, less than cheerful.

The walls sure are thin... Didn't take much to hear the neighbors. I was on the 4th floor so can't speak of noise from above.

All in it was a great resort. I usually stay at FQ when solo and the FW cabin when with others but POP will now be a very real option for future trips.

With the new renovations is there a specific room category you can book that increases your chances of a king bed request being fulfilled? We really need a king bed due to our height and the fact that we’re travelling with a 1 year old and have a pack n play to fit in the room. (And often when we travel he doesn’t sleep great and ends up in bed with us) We have requested a king on our last 2 trips to Pop and haven’t received it either time. The first trip we booked preferred and the second we had standard.

I'm now a POP convert.

Just finished my first stay - 6 nights. Love the theming. Love the room. For a solo traveler it's just about perfect - I never dropped the bed - but I can imagine putting that bed up and down every day would get old. I was in the 1950's section with a room overlooking the lake. Was close enough to the buses and food court. One thing I really liked was the option of taking AoA buses from the parks - that walk across the bridge is quite pleasant. If there were too many people in the POP line I'd take the AoA bus.

I wasn't a fan of the food. Had dinner once and breakfast twice. Just adequate. But I did stop at AoA's food court for dinner - a very nice meal there.

Front Desk and Luggage Service CM's were very nice and helpful. The food court was often overwhelmed with the "fifteens" so the CM's there seemed, shall I say, less than cheerful.

The walls sure are thin... Didn't take much to hear the neighbors. I was on the 4th floor so can't speak of noise from above.

All in it was a great resort. I usually stay at FQ when solo and the FW cabin when with others but POP will now be a very real option for future trips.
As nice as some of the moderates and deluxe resorts are, it's really hard to argue against staying at POP when traveling solo or as a party of 2.

With the new renovations is there a specific room category you can book that increases your chances of a king bed request being fulfilled? We really need a king bed due to our height and the fact that we’re travelling with a 1 year old and have a pack n play to fit in the room. (And often when we travel he doesn’t sleep great and ends up in bed with us) We have requested a king on our last 2 trips to Pop and haven’t received it either time. The first trip we booked preferred and the second we had standard.
There are the most King rooms available in the Standard category (since there are the most Standard rooms) but honestly, requesting a King is only a request. If you really want a King room you may wish to choose a resort where that is a bookable room as at Pop it's only a request and it seems many people want them. There is no way to guarantee you get one. If you'd like to stay at Pop (and I can totally understand that! :) ) then it's best to request a king room as many places as you can (call in, FAX and via Touring Plans if you can) and then just hope. It also does not hurt to go to the front desk after room assignment if you don't get it and request in person if any are available.

Hope for you 3rd time's the charm!

I'm now a POP convert.

GROOVY!!!!:)

There are the most King rooms available in the Standard category (since there are the most Standard rooms) but honestly, requesting a King is only a request. If you really want a King room you may wish to choose a resort where that is a bookable room as at Pop it's only a request and it seems many people want them. There is no way to guarantee you get one. If you'd like to stay at Pop (and I can totally understand that! :) ) then it's best to request a king room as many places as you can (call in, FAX and via Touring Plans if you can) and then just hope. It also does not hurt to go to the front desk after room assignment if you don't get it and request in person if any are available.

Hope for you 3rd time's the charm!

Thanks! Totally understand it’s only a request and I’d actually love to stay somewhere where it can be booked as a room category but Pop is our best fit right now (other than the bed size situation.) I guess we’ve been lucky because we’ve always been given all of our requests, even during busy times of year, so that’s why this surprised me. I thought maybe when they did the reno they reduced the number of kings? We have a standard room booked so I’ll be sure we add it as a request and look into the other Venus you mentioned. I’m a subscriber of Touring Plans. Do they offer room request services? I wasn’t sure what you were referencing when you said via Touring Plans. Thanks!!

We will be celebrating our daughter's 5th birthday/pre-school graduation for 5 or 6 days in August 2020. The hotel choice we wanted to be cheaper since we will spending the extra money on other special things for her. I was thinking Pop Preferred room since the Gondalas will give another form of transportation. But she does love princesses and am now torn between POR royal room or POP preferred. Also, which of the preferred room buildings is the best and are the preferred rooms on all floors or certain floors?

Last edited:
We will be celebrating our daughter's 5th birthday/pre-school graduation for 5 or 6 days in August 2020. The hotel choice we wanted to be cheaper since we will spending the extra money on other special things for her. I was thinking Pop Preferred room since the Gondalas will give another form of transportation. But she does love princesses and am now torn between POR royal room or POP preferred. Also, which of the preferred room buildings is the best and are the preferred rooms on all floors or certain floors?
So I believe there is preferred and preferred pool view. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though. And they are the entire building not just certain floors.

Just came here to say , that there is a ton of availability now for end of August/ beginning of September if someone is still trying to book free dining :))
Thank you for posting this! We were only able to get the Sun & Fun discount. I checked this morning after seeing your post and Pop now has the Dining offer for when we’re there in September! We do Deluxe Dining and even with paying for the upgrade I just saved $800!!! They must have released some more rooms for the discount.

Nope, AoA's main pool is locked up with magic band entry only.
Not that it matters,because The Big Blue is definitely only for AoA Guests and Pool Hopping,of course, is NEVER allowed between POP and AoA,but surprisingly sometimes the gates are "open" and do not require a valid MagicBand(similar to how the Laundries do not always require a valid MagicBand).:)

Last edited:
I’m a subscriber of Touring Plans. Do they offer room request services?

They do! You can look at the resort, pick out a room, see what the view is like and then make a request through Touring Plans. They send in the fax when it's appropriate. I have used them once but it has been several years ago. I am trying it for my trip this month. I will come back and report how it went.

They do! You can look at the resort, pick out a room, see what the view is like and then make a request through Touring Plans. They send in the fax when it's appropriate. I have used them once but it has been several years ago. I am trying it for my trip this month. I will come back and report how it went.
They also tell you what kind of bed is in the rooms which should help OP. I believe it still says 2 doubles rather than Queens but the king rooms have remained the same.

If you are staying at Pop, can you use the AOA pools? Thanks, it's our first time at Pop!
That is an excellent question.:)

Originally what is now AoA was going to be Pop Century-The Legendary Years(1900s-1940s) and would have been the "sister resort" of Pop Century-The Classic Years(which is the current Pop Century).:)

But 9/11 came along and the economy tanked and the project was put on hold and when they decided to finish Pop Century-The Legendary Years,for several reasons,they scrapped it and went with AoA instead.

So Pop Century Resort actually turned out to be Pop Half Century Resort!lol.:)

But,if Pop Century-The Legendary Years had been built it would have been a "sister resort" with Pop Century-The Classic years and Pool Hopping would have been allowed there like it currently is at the All-Star Resort and at POR/POFQ and at BC/YC.:)

But,Pop Century and Art of Animation are considered totally separate Resorts and,as such,of course,Pool Hopping is NEVER allowed.

POP and AoA Guests can however enjoy both Food Courts,both Arcades,both Merchandise Shops,use each Resort's buses,etc. and will soon share a Skyliner Station!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter