Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
While nothing is unthinkable
But I think it WAS unthinkable in the days before:

Fridges
Pool Towels
"In Room Dining"(expanded menu providing choices other than Pizza)
Full size Hair Dryers
Queen Beds(coming with the Refurbs)
Coffeemakers(coming with the Refurbs)
"Rumored" Full Service Restaurant possibly coming to the All-Star Resort

As noted above, stay at POP eat at AoA. That's the ticket for me. I tried the Pop food court once. While have made Pop my "go-to" resort eating at the Pop food court was a one and done thing for me.

Fridges
Pool Towels
Full size Hair Dryers

While they could add the same amenities as moderates, they can’t make the rooms bigger. The room size alone keeps many families of three or four away from the values, especially for longer stays. I can’t see the pricing ever being on par with the moderates for that reason.

Fridges
Pool Towels
Full size Hair Dryers

This is the second time I've seen you mention the rumor of a full service restaurant coming to the All-Stars. How did I miss that one? Is there a thread around here discussing it?

This is the second time I've seen you mention the rumor of a full service restaurant coming to the All-Stars. How did I miss that one? Is there a thread around here discussing it?

And why does it reference the All Stars as it is one resort, and not the three they are? They do not have any combined services, unless you are talking about sometimes sharing a bus.

Omg we were just at pofq and the hot tub was so full! We ended up not going in it because there were so many people in it

Oh no! That's too bad. It is pretty small. I went in every day on my 12 day Dec./Jan. trip and I mostly had it to my self.

The hot tub at CSR is really big, but I always find that one packed because it's right by the pool and kids are constantly running back and forth between the pool and hot tub and jumping in.

POP newbie here, seeking room advice. I'm about to book for September during free dining. In your opinion, is the upgrade from Standard to Preferred worth the added cost? I don't really care about view but am unfamiliar with the walking distance for the food court (also plan to visit AoA food court) and buses. No mobility issues in our family, but we do travel with two younger children (2 & 7) and my mom (late 60s, active but has had a hip replacement). Any insights would be appreciated!

Here's the resort with preferred rooms marked in red. Judge for yourself if its worth it!
WDW_PC.jpg

Oh no! That's too bad. It is pretty small. I went in every day on my 12 day Dec./Jan. trip and I mostly had it to my self.

The hot tub at CSR is really big, but I always find that one packed because it's right by the pool and kids are constantly running back and forth between the pool and hot tub and jumping in.
The pool wasn’t busy at all and it was a colder week so that might be why more people were in the hot tub

POP newbie here, seeking room advice. I'm about to book for September during free dining. In your opinion, is the upgrade from Standard to Preferred worth the added cost? I don't really care about view but am unfamiliar with the walking distance for the food court (also plan to visit AoA food court) and buses. No mobility issues in our family, but we do travel with two younger children (2 & 7) and my mom (late 60s, active but has had a hip replacement). Any insights would be appreciated!

Personally I wouldn't bother with it. It didn't make a difference for walking for us and we weren't exactly super close to the food court area. It only took a few minutes to walk there, and all of the ground is pretty flat.

How did I miss that one?

Easy to miss-we only hear about it during our trips.

If built,the rumored Restaurant would be in a portion of the Parking Lot between Music and Movies and,of course,like everything else(except the rooms!lol)would be available to the entire All-Star Resort.

It was originally thought it would be a Buffet Restaurant,but now the "talk" is more of a "Bar and Grill" type Restaurant.

From what we could gather when we were down there last month,there are still a lot of indications it may happen.

Only time will tell.

(If nothing else,it may would take some of the "pressure" off of End Zone,Intermission and World Premiere when the Cheerleaders and The 15s come to town!lol:))

POP newbie here, seeking room advice. I'm about to book for September during free dining. In your opinion, is the upgrade from Standard to Preferred worth the added cost?
I would request 1960s/Lake View.:)

Those Rooms are considered Standard,but are close to Classic Hall,right across Generation Gap Bridge from AoA and have the gorgeous views of Hourglass Lake.:)

The benefit would be that they could charge $200+ per night for rooms that currently go for much less than that (excluding holiday prices, of course). If they left the All Stars as the only true "value" resorts anymore and moved Pop and AoA (which is already VERY expensive for a "value") closer to a "moderate" designation (again, Disney was said to be wanting to move away from those distinctions anyway), you suddenly increase your profits substantially IF you can convince enough people to pay those new, higher rates.
And also throw in the fact the POP/AoA will soon be the only Values with a transportation option other than buses to some of the Parks.(also putting them "ahead" of CSR and AKL)

According to www.easywdw.com, "The layout of the buildings is more compact than the All-Stars and walk times are generally shorter to the resort’s amenities. Although the square acreage of the Pop Century is similar to the All-Stars, Pop Century’s buildings each have an additional floor."

pop is about 1,500 feet from end to end - but it's unlikely you will be walking even half that far.

We used the Touring Plans fax service last time and were allocated pretty much the exact opposite of what we asked for. Check in staff were able to move us a bit which was great, but it was really disappointing at the time, so it's just worth bearing in mind that it is only a request whenever any requests are sent. Saying that though, we're not heading back for a year and would be happy to be in any room at Pop right now!

We have used the Touring Plans fax service twice and both times we got pretty much the opposite of what we asked for! At POP, we were already there and just lived with it and were actually happy with the room. Last year at Sports we had a late flight, so got our room assignment before our flight even took off. I had DH call and they got us pretty much exactly the room we wanted. Yay!

Hi all! We are prepping for our Pop stay this weekend. We haven't stayed at Pop since 11/2007. What type of toiletries does Pop offer? Is there dispensers with body wash, shampoo and conditioner? I assume since the entire resort was just refurbished all of the rooms has the dispensers. We had them at Riverside and we didnt have an issue. I just want to make sure there is enough conditioner for my hair and a blow dryer.

Thanks!

I would request 1960s/Lake View.:)

Those Rooms are considered Standard,but are close to Classic Hall,right across Generation Gap Bridge from AoA and have the gorgeous views of Hourglass Lake.:)

This is exactly what I am going to request. Also, hopefully 4th floor.

Hi all! We are prepping for our Pop stay this weekend. We haven't stayed at Pop since 11/2007. What type of toiletries does Pop offer? Is there dispensers with body wash, shampoo and conditioner? I assume since the entire resort was just refurbished all of the rooms has the dispensers. We had them at Riverside and we didnt have an issue. I just want to make sure there is enough conditioner for my hair and a blow dryer.

Thanks!

Yes POP has the dispensers and the hair dryer was in a bag on the shelf. Have a great trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter