Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, what is the best way to get to/from waterparks from Pop?
Just an FYI,if you use Disney Transport,for Blizzard Beach you will have to take a DAK bus from POP and transfer to a Blizzard Beach bus at DAK and for Typhoon Lagoon you will have to take a Disney Springs bus from POP and transfer to a Typhoon Lagoon bus at Disney Springs(and reverse for the trip back to POP).:)

42090488332_73b5410995_c.jpg

Last edited:
MK - 17-19 minutes
EP - 7-9 minutes
HS - 6-8 minutes
AK - 12-14 minutes
DS - 9-10 minutes

Depends on your definition of best.

Cheapest = WDW bus
Fastest/easiest = Taxi, Uber, Lyft or Minnie Van

Thanks Dansdad! I figured it would be best to uber to waterparks, but wanted to double check
and I must say I am pleasantly suprised at how short the commutes are to the parks :)

Thanks Dansdad! I figured it would be best to uber to waterparks, but wanted to double check
and I must say I am pleasantly suprised at how short the commutes are to the parks :)

To add on to the Uber thought, I've done it several times all around WDW and it really wasn't too costly! Maybe like $6-7 per trip if that. The convenience was really nice and we rarely hit traffic.

Uber is hard for families of 7, so we will take the bus. We plan to go to BB next Sunday and eat at Rainforest at the front of AK on the way home.

You're welcome. Yes, Pop is pretty centrally located.
This is one of the reasons why I question the Deluxe resorts. Yes, they are on the monorail loop and close to the MK but they're a good distance from the other 3 parks. On the days that I choose to stand on the bus home rather than wait for another bus, I'm thankful for the location of Pop and it's proximity to the other 3 parks as well as DS!

This is one of the reasons why I question the Deluxe resorts. Yes, they are on the monorail loop and close to the MK but they're a good distance from the other 3 parks. On the days that I choose to stand on the bus home rather than wait for another bus, I'm thankful for the location of Pop and it's proximity to the other 3 parks as well as DS!

Instead of Deluxe, did you mean Monorail resorts? (Given that the Epcot area Deluxe resorts are walking distance to two parks and at least as close or closer to MK and AK than Pop....)

Yes, agreed!! We usually spend our first several days at Pop partially because of how centerally located it is. I also really like that it doesn’t share buses with other resorts. I prefer Epcot from Pop than from the monorail resorts because from Pop it’s only one bag check!

We’re planning a super last minute trip and Pop was open! Preferred was the only category open. Can I make a request like “quiet” and if I do that over the phone but also do online check in, will online choices cancel my phones in ones? Thanks!

We’re planning a super last minute trip and Pop was open! Preferred was the only category open. Can I make a request like “quiet” and if I do that over the phone but also do online check in, will online choices cancel my phones in ones? Thanks!

Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. Then just skip the room request section of Online Check.

Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. Then just skip the room request section of Online Check.

Thanks. Thats great you can skip it. Thanks for the info!

Q about inputting requests...is it better to leave the request section of the online check in blank if we are going to call or fax in our requests??

Q about inputting requests...is it better to leave the request section of the online check in blank if we are going to call or fax in our requests??
I usually do (leave it blank, that is). There’s no harm in adding a room request at online checking, but it must match whatever request you’re calling in. The online checkin requests are quite limited, but if something like “upper floor” is your request, just make sure you make your requests match. If they don’t, the room assigner won’t know what you really want and is likely to just pick a room, any room, for you.

While I love POP it is the furthest Disney resort to MK. We spend more time in the other 3 parks so it works great for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter