Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I know Pop has Shower accessible rooms, but there is any Shower standard room (not acessible)?
If positive, each section has a few or just some sections? How to request them (I can't call them, just email or online check-in)
There is a thread that has a list of all of the reported room types that say if they have a shower or shower/tub combo. We were in Building 10 on the top floor. I believe our room number was 0435 and it had a shower only and it was non-accessible.

There is a thread that has a list of all of the reported room types that say if they have a shower or shower/tub combo. We were in Building 10 on the top floor. I believe our room number was 0435 and it had a shower only and it was non-accessible.

Please see this thread that @Haley R is referring to. We are gathering information about the shower/tub, Queen/King beds as guests share the information from their rooms. To the best of my understanding this is the only source available right now with this information as it's a new situation at Pop since the refurbishments.

We had a standard, non-accessible room with a shower only and loved it! Will request one like that again in the future!

We just got back from a 4 night stay at Pop Century just me and one of my 6 year old boys. This is maybe the 5th or 6th time I've stayed at Pop and to be honest I've never been a huge fan, we just stayed here for a cheaper onsite room. Well if this had been our first Pop stay I'd likely feel very differently. First, I LOVE the new rooms. The space, larger table, the storage areas, the little kitchen area to keep all of our food, and it was so clean. But even the CMs this time around were just much more friendly and interactive than in our past trips. Bus service was also much better than prior trips.

Only downside of the new rooms IMO were, the large wood platform bedframes are very easy to knock into. I imagine there will be some kids horsing around and getting injured on them. My son banged against it at least once and he wasn't even horsing around. The beds were super hard, but not bad enough that I couldn't sleep. And the rain style shower head doesn't have much water pressure to it. Good for the environment I know, but I always loved the heavy water pressure I normally get in hotel rooms. But all in all a HUGE improvement and for the first time I'm looking forward to my next Pop stay.

We had put in a request for 70s building and landscape view, but were given a lakeview room at first. I asked the CM at the desk if there were any other options as my son is a little too drawn to water for me to be comfortable facing the lake. Being after 10pm I figured we were out of luck, but she was very happy to assist and moved us to a room in building 5 very close to the elevator so it was super convenient. We had a few issues with our magic bands. First my son's band didn't open the door and then on the last day mine stopped working on the door. But we didn't have much of wait to get them fixed and my son had a great interaction with one of the CMs that he kept talking about for the rest of the trip.

We only used the food court on our last morning and had to see a chef for food allergies. He came out very quickly and got some food from the back for us also very quickly. Despite being 8am and busy the lines weren't too long and check out was quick as well.

We had to catch DME at 9:35 and I scheduled a cake delivery for 9am so I was super nervous about it getting there in time, but sure enough just after 9 they knocked on the door to deliver our cake. Gave us plenty of time to pack it up and be on our way home.

We also opted out of housekeeping for the $30 gift card. I've got OCD issues with people coming into our room and touching stuff once we are checked in so it works out well for me. On our last day I grabbed a couple towels and cups off a cart, but we had everything else we needed. No one bothered us at any point for room checks so I assume if they came it was later in the day while we were in the parks.

That's our stay in a nutshell.

And the rain style shower head doesn't have much water pressure to it. Good for the environment I know, but I always loved the heavy water pressure I normally get in hotel rooms.
I found the same. I LOVE the new rainfall shower head, but the water pressure is really bad. I found it was easier to wash my hair with the handheld shower. Wish the rainfall shower would get all the shampoo out, though, because it is amazing!!

I found the same. I LOVE the new rainfall shower head, but the water pressure is really bad. I found it was easier to wash my hair with the handheld shower. Wish the rainfall shower would get all the shampoo out, though, because it is amazing!!
I did the same. The rainfall is great so I just chose to switch it to the handheld shower head, left it in the holder and then washed my hair out that way. Worked perfectly. Love the two options! LOL - So did my daughter! The one night when we'd been out in the chilly rain I had to drag her out of the shower after 45 mins! She was singing away and having a grand old time. :)

Please see this thread that @Haley R is referring to. We are gathering information about the shower/tub, Queen/King beds as guests share the information from their rooms. To the best of my understanding this is the only source available right now with this information as it's a new situation at Pop since the refurbishments.

We had a standard, non-accessible room with a shower only and loved it! Will request one like that again in the future!
I couldn't find the thread lol. We loved our shower only room! So did our 9 yo niece.

We didn’t have a problem with the water pressure. Maybe it was the time of night we showered?
We didn’t have a problem with water pressure either. The waterfall shower head did not have a lot of pressure but I don’t think it is intended to. For washing hair I adjusted the water to the handheld shower head and there was plenty of pressure to rinse my hair.

We were on the 4th floor of building 8 and showered in the evenings and mornings.

We didn’t have a problem with water pressure either. The waterfall shower head did not have a lot of pressure but I don’t think it is intended to. For washing hair I adjusted the water to the handheld shower head and there was plenty of pressure to rinse my hair.

We were on the 4th floor of building 8 and showered in the evenings and mornings.
We didn't have any problems with water pressure either on the 4th floor of building 10. Like you said, I'm pretty sure the rain shower head isn't supposed to come shooting out at you.

We didn’t have a problem with the water pressure. Maybe it was the time of night we showered?

It's not that the shower had a pressure problem, but the old showers (and most hotel showers IME) had so much pressure it literally would sting my skin, lol. So it made rinsing my hair a lot faster. These shower heads have a gentle rainfall sort of pressure so it just takes longer to rinse. Not the end of the world, just not as much of a fan.

It's not that the shower had a pressure problem, but the old showers (and most hotel showers IME) had so much pressure it literally would sting my skin, lol. So it made rinsing my hair a lot faster. These shower heads have a gentle rainfall sort of pressure so it just takes longer to rinse. Not the end of the world, just not as much of a fan.
We just didn’t have any problems is all I was saying. Not before or after the upgrade.

I see what you're saying. My parents have lower pressure at their house and it's so hard to rinse the shampoo out of my hair.

Hey Everyone! Haven't been on the DIS boards since our Disney cruise in 2005 and haven't stayed at a WDW resort until now. My DH & I are staying at the POP for the first time in Sept and I wanted to make sure I'm doing everything right. Just bought our tickets for 5 day base and we're able to link everything with My Disney Experience. Questions I had: We requested the 80's building and to be on a high floor. We have the standard pool view and was wondering if being on a high floor will actually give us a "view"? I thought it would be easier to be on the ground floor but DH likes being higher. I also noticed that people have been assigned room numbers ahead of time. Is that something we can call for as we get closer? We are arriving at POP on a Friday morning (checking out of Hard Rock Hotel for business). Can we park at the hotel, check in, and then hop on the bus for the Magic Hours? I heard that the buses can be pretty full in the mornings and wondered if it would be easier to just drive to the park? Also, do we have to have our magic bands activated at the hotel before going to the park or can we do that there? Sorry for the million stupid questions. I tried reading all the posts on the thread and figured if I didn't skip ahead, I wouldn't get through it before our trip :crazy2:

Hey Everyone! Haven't been on the DIS boards since our Disney cruise in 2005 and haven't stayed at a WDW resort until now. My DH & I are staying at the POP for the first time in Sept and I wanted to make sure I'm doing everything right. Just bought our tickets for 5 day base and we're able to link everything with My Disney Experience. Questions I had: We requested the 80's building and to be on a high floor. We have the standard pool view and was wondering if being on a high floor will actually give us a "view"? I thought it would be easier to be on the ground floor but DH likes being higher.

Yes. At least if you step outside of the room or stand at the window with the drapes open.

I also noticed that people have been assigned room numbers ahead of time. Is that something we can call for as we get closer?

No. If you do Online Check in, there's a chance you will get a room ready text with your room number as soon as it's ready. Which for some will be while at their home airport, waiting for Magical Express, or still driving down. If you do get a room ready text with your room number, you can Bypass The Front Desk and head straight to your room. But this will only happen on Check In Day, not before. Please note, not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. And nobody can figure out how they determine who does and who doesn't.

We are arriving at POP on a Friday morning (checking out of Hard Rock Hotel for business). Can we park at the hotel, check in, and then hop on the bus for the Magic Hours?

Definitely.

I heard that the buses can be pretty full in the mornings and wondered if it would be easier to just drive to the park?

In our experience, no. It's easier to let WDW do the driving.

Also, do we have to have our magic bands activated at the hotel before going to the park or can we do that there?

No. Magic Bands are already activated when they ship.

Sorry for the million stupid questions. I tried reading all the posts on the thread and figured if I didn't skip ahead, I wouldn't get through it before our trip :crazy2:

No worries. This is what the DIS is for!

Thanks you dansdad!!!! I remember when we did the Disney cruise, I was on the DIS board all the time for the 16 months it took for us to book and then cruise. We've been to Disneyworld several times, but this will be a first for us to stay on site :yay::yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter