Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left Pop this morning after a glorious 12 night stay. It was hot, but not totally unbearable. The grounds were lovely as always. My favorite resort pic of our stay...image.jpeg

We usually request this section, but switched it up for the 60s this trip. Our room was very quiet, right next to the bridge, but very far from our car, which we ended up using quite a bit. We will be requesting our old location for October since we will be driving again. Can't wait for more details of the refurb to be released.

Please report back and let us know what type of room you were assigned.

I just received a call from PC. They said they would try to accommodate my request. The CM indicated that most of the king rooms are handicap accessible rooms and she wanted to know if that would make a difference for us due to the different bathtubs.

I'll let you know what we get.

Can you hear/see any of the fireworks from Pop? I'm not talking a good view, but at all?
Yes,you can see the "high fireworks" from Epcot,DHS and MK from certain areas.:)

Here is IllumiNations from Generation Gap Bridge(you can hear the fireworks "in the distance").

14206500082_a3742e5b52_c.jpg

I'm sorry for all the questions guys. I haven't stayed on site since I was a kid.

So the refillable mug, you can only refill it when the food court is open? So 6am to midnight? How far is the longest walk from a room to the refill area?

So the refillable mug, you can only refill it when the food court is open? So 6am to midnight?

Yes,to my knowledge,All-Star Sports is the only Value Resort currently with 24/7 Beverage Island access.

The longest walk I would guesstimate at 8 minutes.:)

Got an email from the room assigner at Pop this weekend letting me know they received my requests (forgot I did any...). All I had asked for it highest floor. I have never received a personal email before, ha! Made me all excited! I told her that really, I just don't want ground floor, so feel free to assign me to floor 2-4 in any building. Got another email right back from her telling me she is going to do her best. Kind of a nice, personal touch!!

I've NEVER heard of a Room Assignor emailing a Guest!

You may want to send an email to Guest Communications about her-she deserves some recognition!:)

I know, right...it was So unusual! I got another one, a little while later from another room assignor, too, backing up what #1 said. I just thought maybe it was a new process :) I will definitely drop Guest Comm a line!

I've NEVER heard of a Room Assignor emailing a Guest!

You may want to send an email to Guest Communications about her-she deserves some recognition!:)

There was a post a little upthread from someone who actually got a phone call from the room assignor. Very unusual.

I know, right...it was So unusual! I got another one, a little while later from another room assignor, too, backing up what #1 said. I just thought maybe it was a new process :) I will definitely drop Guest Comm a line!

There was a post a little upthread from someone who actually got a phone call from the room assignor. Very unusual.

POR and POFQ have been doing this for years now. Not everyone get's contacted, but many do. Maybe this concept is starting to trickle down to other resorts.

POR and POFQ have been doing this for years now. Not everyone get's contacted, but many do. Maybe this concept is starting to trickle down to other resorts.

Do you know if having a TA makes one less likely to be contacted directly?

Can you hear/see any of the fireworks from Pop? I'm not talking a good view, but at all?

These are the Star Wars fireworks from Hollywood Studios in April. I'm at the bridge looking across the lake towards the Lion King building at AoA.

I could see Epcot fireworks and Magic Kingdom's in the far distance from top floor of Pop's buildings 2, 3, and 4.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
They were testing the new Star Wars fireworks at 1am last week. It was so loud that it woke us up, and we even had a box fan running. We were too tired to walk out and watch them. We thought something was wrong at first because it was so loud, but then I remembered reading about the test. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter