Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all accessible rooms have roll in showers so if you don't mind grab bars in the tub and around the toilet you could ask for a king room with a tub. That would give you a better chance of getting a king bed.

SO Jealous!!! have a great trip and thanks for the tips on the the beds!

Your time will pass quickly, I am sure! We were at WDW 8 weeks ago and this upcoming trip seemed to be FOREVER away. And here I am in within a week!! I cannot wait - much needed getaway!

Anyone know what size bed the Murphy bed is going to be in the new refurbed rooms?

Is any of this a done deal?

I love the look of the mock up, if it's for sure! It looks very cool and a neat use of space.

According to a few posters on wdwmagic, permits as well as a notice of commencement have been filed which means work has probably already started (NOC is usually filed a day or so before work begins). They are also claiming that while all of the rooms at Pop will be getting refreshed/updated not all of them will be converted to the new design. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the new rooms will become a separate booking category at a premium price. There is also no guarantee that the converted rooms will look exactly like the prototype room in the pictures. The furniture and decor could be different while using the same basic layout concept. We probably won't really know how many rooms will be converted and exactly what they look like for a few weeks/months. Apparently there have been a handful of rooms converted for many months already and randomly assigned to guests in order to gather feedback.

5 days!

Quick question - June activity guide - anyone have one to share? Just trying to plan which night(s) we are going to do the movie under the stars.

Thanks!

5 days!

Quick question - June activity guide - anyone have one to share? Just trying to plan which night(s) we are going to do the movie under the stars.

Thanks!
Here is a link.:)

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PopCalendar.pdf

On the nights that POP doesn't have Movies,AoA will have one and you can go over there on those nights.

POP has also started "Flashback Fridays" and Bike rentals are now available.

Now,if they could just get the Bus Boards working!

5 days-WOW!!!!:)

I don't know if you guys know but the Pop is going under refurb as permits have been filed. The refurbishment will last until December 2017. Here is the look of the new rooms.

View attachment 172365

View attachment 172366

I like the new look a lot and it will be a lot more space for us as there are normally only my DD and I in the room. Are there any pictures of the other side of the room? Would love to see them!

Another question, Have TV monitors showing anticipated wait times for buses been installed at Pop? There were not there when we were there in December but I believe are being added to all Disney resorts.

TIA

Another question, Have TV monitors showing anticipated wait times for buses been installed at Pop? There were not there when we were there in December but I believe are being added to all Disney resorts.

TIA

when we were there the second week of April, the monitors were installed, but not operational. That may or may not have changed by now.

We booked a preferred pool view room for 06/16 through 06/19. It's a kid free anniversary trip, so I sent a fax requesting a king bed. We know there are no guarantees, but what do you think the chances are that we can get one of the king rooms?

We booked a preferred pool view room for 06/16 through 06/19. It's a kid free anniversary trip, so I sent a fax requesting a king bed. We know there are no guarantees, but what do you think the chances are that we can get one of the king rooms?

It's hard to say as it's completely dependant on occupancy and how many other people requested a king. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing either.

Please report back and let us know what type of room you were assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter