Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Some of my family will be at Disney World later this month. My niece asked me to find out if people who are not staying at the Poly can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach these days. It will not be on New Year's Eve. They would be arriving by Disney transportation.

Is it still allowed?

Is it impacted by the DVC construction? (I've never been to the Poly, so I'm not familiar with the layout.)

I'm trying to live up to my Best Aunt reputation, so any info would be appreciated!

Some of my family will be at Disney World later this month. My niece asked me to find out if people who are not staying at the Poly can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach these days. It will not be on New Year's Eve. They would be arriving by Disney transportation.

Is it still allowed?

Is it impacted by the DVC construction? (I've never been to the Poly, so I'm not familiar with the layout.)

I'm trying to live up to my Best Aunt reputation, so any info would be appreciated!
Yes, definitely still allowed she should have no problems! The construction doesn’t impede at all. We try to do this at least once every visit even if we’re not staying at the Poly, it really is the best viewing place imo. You don’t have to get there early if you don’t mind sitting on the sand (we always grab a few towels from the pool area to sit on and use as a little blanket- fair warning it can get pretty chill in the winter nights) but if you want the beach chairs definitely get there 45 mins earlier :)

Yes, definitely still allowed she should have no problems! The construction doesn’t impede at all. We try to do this at least once every visit even if we’re not staying at the Poly, it really is the best viewing place imo. You don’t have to get there early if you don’t mind sitting on the sand (we always grab a few towels from the pool area to sit on and use as a little blanket- fair warning it can get pretty chill in the winter nights) but if you want the beach chairs definitely get there 45 mins earlier :)
Thank you!!!

Will be heading to the poly in January. Does anyone know the current status of the walking path between poly and GF? We were there in October and it was closed. Really hoping there’s a chance it’s back open!

We consider to stay in the Poly in mid February. Any idea if construction will be an issue (as in the view from our windows be something that looks like a construction site)? Any ideas if the room "Deluxe Studio - Standard View at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows" is affected?

We consider to stay in the Poly in mid February. Any idea if construction will be an issue (as in the view from our windows be something that looks like a construction site)? Any ideas if the room "Deluxe Studio - Standard View at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows" is affected?
Nope! The DVC villas are on the opposite side of where the construction is. It’s honestly not that bad walking around most of the resort so it shouldn’t affect much of the view from most places.

Deluxe studios are the original PVB DVC longhouses which are on the complete opposite end of the resort where the construction is happening. You would never get a view overlooking a dirt pit like some of the cash rooms in a deluxe studio. You may be able to see the gray structure from your balcony/patio in the distance, but beyond the other parts of the resort. You should be shielded from most of the construction issues. Things like the walking path to Grand Floridian are still closed and would affect you, but this wouldn't be by your longhouse.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 10.37.07 PM.png

Seems that the “hill” above/ behind the bungalows is a good place to watch fireworks. Is the soundtrack played there?

We snagged a last minute reservation a week ago for tonight and tomorrow. Standard view knowing we could get a view of the pit but wanting access to the beach for fireworks so worth the risk. We def got the pit. But also an awesome view of the castle, so, not mad! I’m just going to only look up. 😂
View attachment 821724

Glad you enjoy the hotel! What is the exact room name? You said standard view but you got a theme park view and also the only rooms with "standard view" in the name are the Delux ones in the other side of the property.

Glad you enjoy the hotel! What is the exact room name? You said standard view but you got a theme park view and also the only rooms with "standard view" in the name are the Delux ones in the other side of the property.
Sorry you are right. It’s resort view on our reservation not standard view anymore. We def did not pay for theme park view. It’s Aotearoa 2221.

Attachments

• IMG_4291.jpeg
    IMG_4291.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter