Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you very much! Of course, this was the one video I didn’t watch! I was surprised that none of the other 4-5 videos I watched mentioned it. I’m a big overpacker, so storage is important!
FYI- sometimes I've used the drawers in the bathrooms (if needed)

Does anyone know if we can park at the Poly to go to Trader Sams and maybe Tambu Lounge? We have a rental car and would like to drive over but I didn't know how parking would go since we won't have an ADR.

Does anyone know if we can park at the Poly to go to Trader Sams and maybe Tambu Lounge? We have a rental car and would like to drive over but I didn't know how parking would go since we won't have an ADR.
You’ll most likely be turned away.
We park at the TTC and monorail or walk over.

At the Polynesian now. We watched the Thunderbirds flyover this morning from the Poly beach, and the view was spectacular. I swear they flew right over Hawaii/Moorea. Probably not, but it sure felt like it! The resort is as beautiful as always, and I feel so lucky to be here!

IMG_4537.jpeg

Unfortunately my DH tried to go to Tambu lounge recently and was turned away bc he didn’t have an ADR. But there aren’t ADRs for Tambu. ☹️
We have gone over to Poly several times to go to Tambu when not staying at the resort and never had an issue until this last time. So disappointing. We will now park at TTC

Unfortunately my DH tried to go to Tambu lounge recently and was turned away bc he didn’t have an ADR. But there aren’t ADRs for Tambu. ☹️
We have gone over to Poly several times to go to Tambu when not staying at the resort and never had an issue until this last time. So disappointing. We will now park at TTC
You now have to wait for a table at Tambu Lounge at the entrance, they seat you once a table is open - but I don't think that is what you mean. They won't let you drive in and park for Tambu Lounge if you aren't staying at the Poly, but if you use Disney transportation you are fine. Same applies to QS, you generally won't be allowed to park if you are going to Captain Cooke's, even if you have a mobile order. Now sometimes a guard is feeling generous and *may* let you in, however it's not the norm.

Polynesian Tower to be Part of Current Association

Disney Vacation Club representatives have confirmed that the new tower under construction at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will be part of the existing condominium association, granting access to all current Polynesian owners.

During a public question and answer session at the 2023 Condominium Association meeting, Disney Vacation Club board member Yvonne Chang confirmed that the new tower will be part of the existing association. All current owners of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will have 11 month booking rights in the new tower, along with combined annual dues and the 2066 ownership end date for all owners.

Since the tower's announcement, there was speculation that DVC may split it off into a separate association similar to Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, both located at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. While the legal setup will not be fully confirmed until the condo association is amended to add the new tower, Chang stated that "our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian resort."

This configuration should also make all Polynesian resale owners exempt from some of the point usage restrictions. Resale owners of Disney's Riviera Resort and The Villas at Disneyland Hotel can only use points for their Home resort. Resale buyers of Polynesian points would seemingly have access to all PolynesianDVC villas including the tower, along with 7 month access to most older resorts.

The new tower is expected to add 2-person Duo Studios, One Bedroom, Two Bedroom and Three Bedroom units to a resort which currently has only Deluxe Studio rooms and the over water Bungalows.

The tower is expected to open in late 2024.

Polynesian Tower to be Part of Current Association

Disney Vacation Club representatives have confirmed that the new tower under construction at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will be part of the existing condominium association, granting access to all current Polynesian owners.

During a public question and answer session at the 2023 Condominium Association meeting, Disney Vacation Club board member Yvonne Chang confirmed that the new tower will be part of the existing association. All current owners of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will have 11 month booking rights in the new tower, along with combined annual dues and the 2066 ownership end date for all owners.

Since the tower's announcement, there was speculation that DVC may split it off into a separate association similar to Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, both located at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. While the legal setup will not be fully confirmed until the condo association is amended to add the new tower, Chang stated that "our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian resort."

This configuration should also make all Polynesian resale owners exempt from some of the point usage restrictions. Resale owners of Disney's Riviera Resort and The Villas at Disneyland Hotel can only use points for their Home resort. Resale buyers of Polynesian points would seemingly have access to all PolynesianDVC villas including the tower, along with 7 month access to most older resorts.

The new tower is expected to add 2-person Duo Studios, One Bedroom, Two Bedroom and Three Bedroom units to a resort which currently has only Deluxe Studio rooms and the over water Bungalows.

The tower is expected to open in late 2024.
Welp, I guess those Poly resale points aren’t going to get any less expensive.:crazy2:

Updated pictures, as of today.

IMG_5235.jpeg
Full view.

IMG_5240.jpeg
Looks like they have painted this section a base white and tested a tan color (bottom right of photo).

IMG_5237.jpeg
Still working on the outdoor bar and eating area.

IMG_5245.jpeg
They have started work on the pool. Looks like they are setting the groundwork for the cement pour. Note it will have a direct walk-in feature.

View attachment 817106
Full view.

View attachment 817107
Looks like they have painted this section a base white and tested a tan color (bottom right of photo).

View attachment 817108

View attachment 817109
They have started work on the pool. Looks like they are setting the groundwork for the cement pour. Note it will have a direct walk-in feature.
Are they going to have a kids splash pad? Thought I saw something along those lines in the blue print.

View attachment 817106
Full view.

View attachment 817107

View attachment 817108

View attachment 817109
@aka Charles , do you think the two 2-story boarded up sections facing the lake resemble the hotel side King Kamehameha club lounge area?

On the hotel side, that area is 2 stories (faces lake/fireworks view). Linking an article about the club level and there are images of the area. With the recent DVC club level survey, could this be a hint?

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/review-king-kamehameha-club-level-polynesian-resort/

View attachment 817106
Full view.

View attachment 817107

View attachment 817108

View attachment 817109
We were there last week and I must say that it is much larger in real life. When you are riding by on the monorail it just keeps going by and going by. Having said that, I do not think it is too big for the resort. It doesn’t dominate the skyline from most places at all. I think it will probably be a nice addition to the resort when it is finished.

@aka Charles , do you think the two 2-story boarded up sections facing the lake resemble the hotel side King Kamehameha club lounge area?

On the hotel side, that area is 2 stories (faces lake/fireworks view). Linking an article about the club level and there are images of the area. With the recent DVC club level survey, could this be a hint?

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/review-king-kamehameha-club-level-polynesian-resort/

I don’t think so, unfortunately.

From the concept art and what we have seen during the construction (before they were boarded up), these two-story areas, along with the ones on the other side, are going to be open air gathering places with poly theming using plants, art, etc.

These should be great places to spend some time relaxing, viewing the surroundings and watching the fireworks.
They may set up one or more of these places for daily activities.

As far as Club Level possibilities, I think the best chance might be the top floors.
There is an open area in the center of the top two floors that will be an excellent spot to view the fireworks.

Only time will tell, so let’s keep our fingers crossed. 🤞

View attachment 817106
Full view.

View attachment 817107

View attachment 817108

View attachment 817109
Great photos! Just a quick question: in the first pic of the full view, there’s a yellow rope/marker in the water, do they plan to extend the shore to that point? It does seems a bit close to the water in some spots, especially on the right side of the building.

Great photos! Just a quick question: in the first pic of the full view, there’s a yellow rope/marker in the water, do they plan to extend the shore to that point? It does seems a bit close to the water in some spots, especially on the right side of the building.

Those yellow lines are there to catch any debris from the construction from getting into the lake.

This is close to the water as it has to be squeezed between the monorail and the lake.

The pool will have a small grassy area in front of it, right up to the lake.
The walkway will go around the back of the pool, wrapping around by the side of the tower and then towards the lake.
The walkway will then go just in front of the tower, also right up to the lake.

Those yellow lines are there to catch any debris from the construction from getting into the lake.

This is close to the water as it has to be squeezed between the monorail and the lake.

The pool will have a small grassy area in front of it, right up to the lake.
The walkway will go around the back of the pool, wrapping around by the side of the tower and then towards the lake.
The walkway will then go just in front of the tower, also right up to the lake.
Ahh I see that makes sense-thanks for the clarification! It seems too small to add a grassy area in front or the pool, but the area is probably bigger in person just looks tight in pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter