Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hello...I haven't been to WDW for a couple of years so I'm a little rusty on things, but yesterday I booked a last-minute trip for the beginning of November. It's a split stay and currently the second part is 2 nights at WL. Nothing was available yesterday at the Poly, but suddenly today there's a Poly Resort View available. I'm very tempted to switch as Poly is a sentimental favorite, but I know I could end up in a variety of different longhouses and I'm a little wary of the construction. I'm ok with some disruption but just wanted to get a handle on things before I made a switch...

Has anyone been there lately that has any thoughts they'd like to share?

Kona is open from 7am to 11am for breakfast daily.

I’m seeing wide open reservation times all week before Thanksgiving and after for a party of 4 and 6. Try clearing the cookies on your browser then instead of using the reservation tool on MDE.. use the search bar to search Kona Cafe and reserve from their page on MDE.

Here’s Thanksgiving day..View attachment 798369
Thank you! I cleared the cookies. However, for the dates I was looking at 25th-30th, no breakfast times popped up, not available. When I checked the dates prior, it showed available breakfast times like you saw. I guess the week after Thanksgiving is very busy, popular.

Thank you! I cleared the cookies. However, for the dates I was looking at 25th-30th, no breakfast times popped up, not available. When I checked the dates prior, it showed available breakfast times like you saw. I guess the week after Thanksgiving is very busy, popular.
How many people are you booking for? I see breakfast all of those dates for 4. 5+ gets tighter but there's still stuff there.

It must be because of the size of your party. I just tried again on the Kona Cafe page for every day during your week. 3 and 4 people and it’s wide open.. lots of availability. But.. 2, 5, 6 (which was available yesterday) and 7 are all just showing lunch and dinner.

If your party is less then the 3 or 4, I’d reserve either of those numbers.. as long as even one person on the reservation shows up you’d be fine. Keep checking periodically

Right now a table for 6 just popped up on November 30th at 8:55am 😊

edit::: I’ve just seen your post that the party size is 2… I’d def be reserving for the 3 or 4 person available tables and just arrive with the 2. If they question it (which they likely won’t) your 3rd or 4th party changed their mind at the last minute…

Last edited:
It must be because of the size of your party. I just tried again on the Kona Cafe page for every day during your week. 3 and 4 people and it’s wide open.. lots of availability. But.. 2, 5, 6 (which was available yesterday) and 7 are all just showing lunch and dinner.

If your party is less then the 3 or 4, I’d reserve either of those numbers.. as long as even one person on the reservation shows up you’d be fine. Keep checking periodically

Right now a table for 6 just popped up on November 30th at 8:55am 😊

edit::: I’ve just seen your post that the party size is 2… I’d def be reserving for the 3 or 4 person available tables and just arrive with the 2. If they question it (which they likely won’t) your 3rd or 4th party changed their mind at the last minute…
Thank you for helping out. I might just do that! Still seems odd to me. It shouldn't matter the size of the party. I can understand a huge party might need some special handling.

Hello...I haven't been to WDW for a couple of years so I'm a little rusty on things, but yesterday I booked a last-minute trip for the beginning of November. It's a split stay and currently the second part is 2 nights at WL. Nothing was available yesterday at the Poly, but suddenly today there's a Poly Resort View available. I'm very tempted to switch as Poly is a sentimental favorite, but I know I could end up in a variety of different longhouses and I'm a little wary of the construction. I'm ok with some disruption but just wanted to get a handle on things before I made a switch...

Has anyone been there lately that has any thoughts they'd like to share?
Resort view currently is tricky. The great majority of construction views are the RV. I booked a water view for November so I didn’t have to deal with it.

I did not mind construction at GF this past year or so. However, polys is more intense. It all depends on price for me . If I can get a good rate I will stay at a resort with construction. I booked poly for a small upcharge to get water view vs resort. Knowing I am away from the mess and noise and like a $35 charge for it was worth it.

Check out social media sites. There are often updates. Also here a few pages back probably many updates as well. Rooms on marina-GF side will be noisy and have a messy view. Most RV are those buildings. You COULD get a room on the other side but everyone will want those so? Gonna be hard.

Only you can decide. I am often in the construction is fine camp , but I am the exception usually. I think I‘ve been to most resorts during construction, I can usually get a better rate with everyone else running for the hills. 😂

Resort view currently is tricky. The great majority of construction views are the RV. I booked a water view for November so I didn’t have to deal with it.

I did not mind construction at GF this past year or so. However, polys is more intense. It all depends on price for me . If I can get a good rate I will stay at a resort with construction. I booked poly for a small upcharge to get water view vs resort. Knowing I am away from the mess and noise and like a $35 charge for it was worth it.

Check out social media sites. There are often updates. Also here a few pages back probably many updates as well. Rooms on marina-GF side will be noisy and have a messy view. Most RV are those buildings. You COULD get a room on the other side but everyone will want those so? Gonna be hard.

Only you can decide. I am often in the construction is fine camp , but I am the exception usually. I think I‘ve been to most resorts during construction, I can usually get a better rate with everyone else running for the hills. 😂
You got water view for $35 more than resort view? I think we need more details please.

You got water view for $35 more than resort view? I think we need more details please.
With the Annual pass rooms were discounted for my dates. The general public discount was 25% off and still pretty
decent.

781 discounted to 585 for water View
712 discounted to 534 Resort view
My math off a little.… whoops!

Last edited:

Thank you, this was helpful in wrapping my brain around things...It's not a particularly great deal but I was thinking about splurging since it's only two days. Different room categories keep popping up, including a WV hotel-side and a LV Studio, the latter of which would be on the other side away from the construction (I think). Maybe a Standard View Studio will pop up - doubtful, but you never know! At this point, I'm thinking if I can find a better deal on the front end of the split, maybe I'll splurge on the second half if there's something available. Either way, I'm happy at either WL or Poly and I'm excited for our first adult-only trip...and either way my plans involve a MK resort pub crawl so I will at least visit the lobby! Thanks again!

Hi all! I have the Polynesian booked for end of February and am wondering if anyone who has been there recently can give me an update on the status of construction and (if anyone is in the know) estimated completion date? I was unable to apply either a room discount or a dining credit discount to our dates, and combined with concerns about balcony availability and construction noise, I am now debating switching resorts. But it's always been a dream of mine to stay at the Polynesian, so hoping to hear some good news on the construction front!

ETA: I somehow missed the last page in my scroll through the posts for the last month and see a similar question was just asked, but still interested in more feedback and also anything anyone has heard on when this is expected to end. Thank you!

Thank you, this was helpful in wrapping my brain around things...It's not a particularly great deal but I was thinking about splurging since it's only two days. Different room categories keep popping up, including a WV hotel-side and a LV Studio, the latter of which would be on the other side away from the construction (I think). Maybe a Standard View Studio will pop up - doubtful, but you never know! At this point, I'm thinking if I can find a better deal on the front end of the split, maybe I'll splurge on the second half if there's something available. Either way, I'm happy at either WL or Poly and I'm excited for our first adult-only trip...and either way my plans involve a MK resort pub crawl so I will at least visit the lobby! Thanks again!
So the dvc studios: the side of Moorea that faces the lagoon is lake view. However for resort side it is called TPV for similar and costs more. So if you get a lake view studio you guaranteed a balcony AND a view of seven seas lagoon,. Generally the std studios available and not lake. So if you looking for lower price book lake now to have but keep checking.

The water view resort side floor 2 no balcony and should be away from construction.

If you are in the parks a lot then a resort view is fine because noise only midday. I just tend to be at the resort midday so not my preferred category at this time.
Hi all! I have the Polynesian booked for end of February and am wondering if anyone who has been there recently can give me an update on the status of construction and (if anyone is in the know) estimated completion date? I was unable to apply either a room discount or a dining credit discount to our dates, and combined with concerns about balcony availability and construction noise, I am now debating switching resorts. But it's always been a dream of mine to stay at the Polynesian, so hoping to hear some good news on the construction front!

ETA: I somehow missed the last page in my scroll through the posts for the last month and see a similar question was just asked, but still interested in more feedback and also anything anyone has heard on when this is expected to end. Thank you!
It’s a big tower. It’s gonna be a while , they only putting doors in now. Feb? No way done by then.

You can book more than one room at a time so if can swing a double deposit keep poly but book a 2nd option . Then keep checking. 30 days prior lots of packages cancel and new room options open up. I have had 2 or 3 up until a week prior to a trip at times. I’ll have the “I really want resort but bad price”, “ an “ok resort but great price” and “a 2nd choice with decent price but still want resort #1”. I keep looking. Sometimes I find hotel, room category and price all I want , yet sometimes not and choose based on what is available.

In short it’s too soon to know, be flexible and keep stalking site everyday! Good luck!

Poly is still a great place even with construction. Guys loving watching the machines lol. 👍

Ok, so I was here last week asking about construction and have now moved my reservation to a DVC studio to get farther away from it. I’m just booking it using the Disney site (no point rental). It seems like the official rule means that I would still get daily mousekeeping but wanted to see if anyone who had paid cash to stay DVC side recently can confirm they do get a daily clean? I’m a neat freak with a toddler so would really like to make sure the floors get vacuumed, surfaces wiped and towels restocked 😊

Ok, so I was here last week asking about construction and have now moved my reservation to a DVC studio to get farther away from it. I’m just booking it using the Disney site (no point rental). It seems like the official rule means that I would still get daily mousekeeping but wanted to see if anyone who had paid cash to stay DVC side recently can confirm they do get a daily clean? I’m a neat freak with a toddler so would really like to make sure the floors get vacuumed, surfaces wiped and towels restocked 😊
Yes, you will get daily housekeeping.

You'll get daily housekeeping but if you want floors vacuumed or mopped you'll need to leave a note (with some cash if you want it done well). We do cash stays in DVC villas frequently for up to 14 days and no one touches the floors unless I specifically ask for it to be done. This isn't specific to DVC, it's true for the hotel rooms too. The suites in deluxe resorts are the only places I've ever stayed at WDW where floors were taken care of without requesting it.

You'll get daily housekeeping but if you want floors vacuumed or mopped you'll need to leave a note (with some cash if you want it done well). We do cash stays in DVC villas frequently for up to 14 days and no one touches the floors unless I specifically ask for it to be done. This isn't specific to DVC, it's true for the hotel rooms too. The suites in deluxe resorts are the only places I've ever stayed at WDW where floors were taken care of without requesting it.
Thank you for the tip!

Question about the Poly studios. A good friend has points they can’t use (own at Poly) is willing to rent them to me for basically the cost of dues. I’ve never stayed in a DVC studio, only a regular room at the Poly. I was watching a room tour and was wondering about storage for clothes. One video the person did open the closet and there’s plenty of room for hanging garments, but I didn’t see any type of dresser. It looked like half of the underbed storage could be used for suitcases and the other half looked like it was enclosed. Are there underbed drawers? Just curious! TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter