Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Once you get on the monorail at Poly, your stops are as follows:

1st - GF
2nd - MK
3rd - CR
4th - TTC
5th - Poly

You can get off at ANY of these stops, including the TTC, where you can jump on another monorail to EPCOT. You do not go to TTC to go to MK. You get off at the MK stop, as the monorail takes you right outside the MK entrance. You can also take a boat or even walk to MK (via a path to GF then path to MK.) Hope that helps!!
Double checking for our monorail crawl…

From MK the next monorail stop is CR then TTC then Poly then GF then back to MK.

Is this correct?

Also, do the boats go in the opposite direction?

From MK to GF to Poly back to MK?

I’ve googled it and gotten different answers.
I feel like I’d trust what you all had to say more than random sites on google.

Thanks!

Double checking for our monorail crawl…

From MK the next monorail stop is CR then TTC then Poly then GF then back to MK.

Is this correct?

Also, do the boats go in the opposite direction?

From MK to GF to Poly back to MK?

I’ve googled it and gotten different answers.
I feel like I’d trust what you all had to say more than random sites on google.

Thanks!
Yes.
However consider stopping at Magic Kingdom and taking a boat to Wilderness Lodge. Geyser Point should be part of any crawl... there is some refurbishment now going on..but the bar is open at 4p.

I think it varies, but on October 21 it’s $106 and is yours from 10 am to 7 pm.
Thanks for this info! We are heading down in November and our first day will be a pool day, so thinking about reserving one. There will be 4 adults and 2 littles (6 & 8).
Is it ok if you leave the area and then come back? Like if we want to enjoy the Lava Pool or grab food, etc.?

Thanks for this info! We are heading down in November and our first day will be a pool day, so thinking about reserving one. There will be 4 adults and 2 littles (6 & 8).
Is it ok if you leave the area and then come back? Like if we want to enjoy the Lava Pool or grab food, etc.?
Definitely. It's yours for the entire time.

Another Poly question for y’all -
(Related to question above :) )

We’ll be arriving in mid-November into MCO at 9AM. We = my partner, kiddo, sister, brother in law, and niece. My sister, BIL, and niece are staying at AoA but the plan is for them to hang with us at the Poly during our first day (and hopefully do dinner at CR or GF depend on ADRs).

Is that ok if they hang with us during the day at Poly? I am hoping to reserve an Oasis patio spot for us. I don’t want to be inconsiderate to others trying to get seats, etc.

Another Poly question for y’all -
(Related to question above :) )

We’ll be arriving in mid-November into MCO at 9AM. We = my partner, kiddo, sister, brother in law, and niece. My sister, BIL, and niece are staying at AoA but the plan is for them to hang with us at the Poly during our first day (and hopefully do dinner at CR or GF depend on ADRs).

Is that ok if they hang with us during the day at Poly? I am hoping to reserve an Oasis patio spot for us. I don’t want to be inconsiderate to others trying to get seats, etc.
Your extended family can visit you at Poly and hang out in common areas like the lobby, Captain Cook's, and Pineapple Lanai.

The pools are a different. They are for the exclusive use of Poly resort guests only. The Lava pool actually has a gate and MagicBand reader to keep non-resort guests out. Cast Members can also randomly scan MagicBands and cards and will ask non-resort guests to leave.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 1.39.57 AM.png

Yes! It is reserved for you. They post your name on the table.

Your extended family can visit you at Poly and hang out in common areas like the lobby, Captain Cook's, and Pineapple Lanai.

The pools are a different. They are for the exclusive use of Poly resort guests only. The Lava pool actually has a gate and MagicBand reader to keep non-resort guests out. Cast Members can also randomly scan MagicBands and cards and will ask non-resort guests to leave.

View attachment 792057
There’s also a magic band reader at Oasis pool.

We're meant to be checking out of the polynesian on the 31st Dec. One of our flights has now been cancelled and we're thinking of travelling home on the 1st instead. Another night at the poynesian is outwith our budget so we are thinking of an airport hotel that night. I have a few questions please just to help decide whether it's worth changing our plans to stay another night in orlando. We are coming from the UK so unlikely to be back for a long time!

How busy is the resort normally on NYE - Will it be mobbed? We wont have park tickets by that point so would be looking to occupy two teenagers.

Would we still be able to use all the facilities on the 31st and take part in the New Years Eve events?

We are booked club level so would we still have access to the lounge during the day and during the NYE Party?

Would we be allowed to use the reserved club level area of the beach for the midnight fireworks?

Will it be hard to get a taxi /busy (and will it be super expensive) to the airport hotel afther the fireworks that night?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
We're meant to be checking out of the polynesian on the 31st Dec. One of our flights has now been cancelled and we're thinking of travelling home on the 1st instead. Another night at the poynesian is outwith our budget so we are thinking of an airport hotel that night. I have a few questions please just to help decide whether it's worth changing our plans to stay another night in orlando. We are coming from the UK so unlikely to be back for a long time!

How busy is the resort normally on NYE - Will it be mobbed? We wont have park tickets by that point so would be looking to occupy a 15 and 13 year old.

Would we still be able to use all the facilities on the 31st and take part in the New Years Eve events?

We are booked club level so would we still have access to the lounge during the day and during the NYE Party?

Would we be allowed to use the reserved club level area of the beach for the midnight fireworks?

Will it be hard to get a taxi /busy (and will it be super expensive) to the airport hotel afther the fireworks that night?

Thanks for the help.
Yes you have access on check out day all day! Make sure to request your wrist bands. On NYE they have reserved seating on the beach with a special section for cl guests as well. Your only hard part will be getting out of Poly to another resort.

If you can manage a value or mod Disney resort you could get to mk via mono and bus to your resort after the festivities. They keep bus routes as open as possible. Getting to Orlando could be a mess.

12/31 at poly is so fun!

+++There are showers at the bathroom near pool slide. Also a 1/2 bath 3rd floor of lounge.

You can mono or boat around and have a fun day! I often boat to WL from MK which is a lovely resort at the holidays.

Its more than three months away and they cancelled the flight already? Im not well versed on airline travel or a frequent flyer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter