• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Maybe a silly question, but we are heading down in a week and will be in a studio. I’ve never stayed in a studio, usually one bedroom Villa (full fridge) or a regular room (just beverage cooler) - can someone give me an idea of how big the mini fridge is? I tried searching but didn’t come up with much - before I finalize my grocery order I just want to know how much room I have. Don’t plan to order much but wasn’t sure what would fit as far as milk for cereal, drinks, and a few snacks. Thank you!

Just returned from a lovely stay at the Poly. We had requested a king room in Rarotonga. Our room was 3rd floor over looking the monorail. We stayed in this building last summer 1st floor and was hoping for same room. It was exactly the same except 3rd floor. We were very happy!
My only complaint was the pool situation. This was more of a resort vacation for us. We wanted to spend days at the pool. Our first full day we couldn’t find a chair with an umbrella at the quiet pool fairly early in the morning ( before 10). We noticed people would save chairs and leave for hours… go back to room, parks ????
My DH went down to the quiet pool the next day at 7 am when pool opened and could not find a spot. It was very disappointing and frustrating when you are paying so much to stay here. I know it was July 4th week so this issue may not be as bad for most people. But if people didn’t do this it would be fair for everyone. I’m not sure why some think they are more entitled than others.
I still love the Poly and hope our next stay’s pool time is more enjoyable than stressful.
Oh no! Is this common/standard? We usually see this at the main pool but I haven’t had issues at other hotels snagging spots at the quiet pool. Will I need to be scoping chairs out at 7 am while I’m booking my LL? :scared:

Maybe a silly question, but we are heading down in a week and will be in a studio. I’ve never stayed in a studio, usually one bedroom Villa (full fridge) or a regular room (just beverage cooler) - can someone give me an idea of how big the mini fridge is? I tried searching but didn’t come up with much - before I finalize my grocery order I just want to know how much room I have. Don’t plan to order much but wasn’t sure what would fit as far as milk for cereal, drinks, and a few snacks. Thank you!
Typically, I can fit a quart size of milk and orange juice on the mini fridge door.

I don’t get why people are unplugging them when there’s a mute button on the device itself. How is it any different than your phone that has a mic and camera facing you the entire time you’re using it?
It is crazy. 99.9% of the people at WDW have given MDE permission to collect information (look at the App Store to see the trove of info you gave permission to access) but they are concerned that Alexa might be listening?

It is crazy. 99.9% of the people at WDW have given MDE permission to collect information (look at the App Store to see the trove of info you gave permission to access) but they are concerned that Alexa might be listening?
Right? Not only that, but magic bands collect A LOT of data about you. So much so, that supposedly it’s the main reason magic bands were never brought to Disneyland because of California privacy laws. The magic band integration sucks a lot at Disneyland compared to Disney world, though it’s only been at Disneyland for less than a year.

We are looking forward to a resort only stay at the Poly next month.
What time do we need to go down to the pool if we want chairs in a shaded area? We plan to be at the pool all day, so I won’t be saving and leaving, I just have no idea how early we need to be there.

We are looking forward to a resort only stay at the Poly next month.
What time do we need to go down to the pool if we want chairs in a shaded area? We plan to be at the pool all day, so I won’t be saving and leaving, I just have no idea how early we need to be there.

Can vary of course, but IME you don’t need to be rope dropping the pool, but you don’t want to stroll in an hour later either. First 30 mins or so. Note there’s not much true shade around, just umbrellas. A morning shady umbrella could not be in the afternoon, so always hard to judge. The tables around with umbrellas give the best opp to adjust.

Enjoy your Poly pool day!

Oh no! Is this common/standard? We usually see this at the main pool but I haven’t had issues at other hotels snagging spots at the quiet pool. Will I need to be scoping chairs out at 7 am while I’m booking my LL? :scared:
I’m hoping it was just bc it was a holiday week. We didn’t have this issue last year. I think you’ll be fine.
Enjoy!!!

I don’t give MDE permission
Even if you select “Ask app not to track” they still collect all kinds of data on you. Where you’re at in the park, what LL you booked, what mobile orders you placed, when you’re checking the app, etc. I’m not trying to start an argument or anything here :) I’m just wanting people to realize that there’s a lot more information Disney collects about us than we realize; whether we like it or not.

The only true way to prevent Disney from gathering information about you would be to have no magic band, and not have the Disney world app downloaded, though it’s almost a necessity if you want to have a good experience.

Anyone know why there is no availability for the first week of January 2024 at the Poly (non DVC)? Can it really be fully booked up already? eta: only lagoon view is available for our dates. And it’s rack rate!

Last edited:
Anyone know why there is no availability for the first week of January 2024 at the Poly (non DVC)? Can it really be fully booked up already? eta: only lagoon view is available for our dates. And it’s rack rate!
The end of Dec and beginning of Jan is holiday season. I did see more availability 1/4 and forwards.

People will change their trips once a sale starts. Also watch just before the 30 day mark prior. People with packages will cancel.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter