Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you never stayed at Poly, is it still as impressive for a first trip to Poly with all the construction going on or does it feel like part of the experience is missing? (We are trying to decide between Poly and Yacht club). Poly is expensive so I don’t want to feel like we are in the middle of a construction site or that we didn’t get the full experience of the hotel.

If you never stayed at Poly, is it still as impressive for a first trip to Poly with all the construction going on or does it feel like part of the experience is missing? (We are trying to decide between Poly and Yacht club). Poly is expensive so I don’t want to feel like we are in the middle of a construction site or that we didn’t get the full experience of the hotel.
When are you planning on going? Construction should be done sometime this summer.

When are you planning on going? Construction should be done sometime this summer.

April 13-18. So construction won’t be done yet. My plan is 3 days at MK, 2 at EP and possibly 1 at AK or HS (not a lot for DD to ride at those parks since she doesn’t meet height requirements for any ride with one). But we won’t do open to close at the park cause DD went to WDW in both October 2020 and Jan. 2021. So I don’t feel the need to cram everything in and want to spend more time at the hotel and doing hotel activities such as swimming. I’m thinking of only doing half days at the parks. But even knowing we will do more hotel time, I’m struggling with the almost $500 a night to stay DVC at Poly and whether there will be enough to do (and eat) given it’s current state of not being fully open and being under construction. And if having to walk to TTC to get on monorail with others who drive to parks diminishes the value in any way of staying at a monorail resort.

I'll just say I was booked in a studio for what should have been Marathon Weekend (has since been condensed to one trip over Presidents' Week). My TA knows that staying at the Poly has been a dream since I first saw it when I was 9. As soon as she learned of the construction, she contacted me and said that if I wanted to keep the studio she would, but she also knew how much I've always wanted to stay there and her recommendation would be to wait until it was more open.

As it turns out, as long as they stay on schedule my 50th birthday trip begins their first day they are taking reservations, so I'm booked then. (Contemporary for February.)

Does anyone know - are there bed rails available that fit the pull-down bed in the Poly studios?
When our kids were little, we found a portable bed rail that was basically an inflatable tube that you stuck under the sheets. Works on any size bed and easy to deflate and pack away.

When is the soft goods refurb on the DVC side supposed to start?

I need the DVC pros to chime on on this too, but I don’t think we know for sure yet. A few weeks ago people were observing that villa availability went from abundant to zero in the roughly April or May time period, but then I think maybe that later went back to normal? Anyway, bumping your question in case I’m off.

I need the DVC pros to chime on on this too, but I don’t think we know for sure yet. A few weeks ago people were observing that villa availability went from abundant to zero in the roughly April or May time period, but then I think maybe that later went back to normal? Anyway, bumping your question in case I’m off.

Not a DVC pro by any means but I can say it’s almost certainly late May. We talked about this a few pages back and I vaguely remember someone mentioning a DVC meeting or something where they said it was happening over our specific dates and it’s why we couldn’t find any availability.

Not a DVC pro by any means but I can say it’s almost certainly late May. We talked about this a few pages back and I vaguely remember someone mentioning a DVC meeting or something where they said it was happening over our specific dates and it’s why we couldn’t find any availability.

It’s definitely possible it’s late May, and I hope you’re right!! I did see on another board people speculating late May/early June because it appeared as if rooms were pulled from inventory, but meeting itself did not give specific timing. I was in the live feed during meeting and all that was stated was ‘2021’.

https://dvcfan.com/2020/12/10/5-takeaways-from-the-2020-dvc-condo-association-meeting/
https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/own...ated-room-refurbishment-schedule-through-2022

I am considering renting a DVC at Poly mid September. However, just reading through the last couple pages of posts, and it seems the monorail isn’t running? Is that because of Covid? Or the construction going on? I ask as I’m not sure it will be worth the extra money to stay if We don’t have monorail access (that’s why I wanted to stay here).

I am considering renting a DVC at Poly mid September. However, just reading through the last couple pages of posts, and it seems the monorail isn’t running? Is that because of Covid? Or the construction going on? I ask as I’m not sure it will be worth the extra money to stay if We don’t have monorail access (that’s why I wanted to stay here).
It is due to construction. The construction is supposed to be completed this summer. You should be good.

Currently you can also access the monorail at the TTC which is a short walk from the DVC buildings. When the Epcot monorail is running again, this will be much quicker than catching monorail at GCH and riding to TTC.

Plenty of rooms available in July so I doubt the DVC is refurbishing then

Soft goods refurbs are pretty quick because it's not major work, they just replace furniture/carpeting basically. I am pretty sure they would be done by July if it is the late May timeframe they go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter