Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! We were originally scheduled to stay at Yacht Club 9/3-9/9, but needed to shift our dates slightly to 9/5-9/11 and Yacht Club was no longer available....so, now we're staying in a Poly Standard View Studio (hoping for Tokelau)! We LOVE Yacht Club, so at first, I was a little panicked that we'd miss Yacht more than we'd love Poly. But, the more I read and remember our love of Dole Whips and walking around the grounds, I think we're going to love it!

Help me feel better! Why is Poly your favorite resort and what do you love about it more than Yacht/Beach Club?! :love: Happy to join the thread. 62 days and counting!

I'll also be at poly that week! Hope to see you there 😆!! 61 days and counting!!!!!

Does anyone know if the slide is open at the main pool. Going in Aug and just ant to make sure the slide will be open

Does anyone know if the slide is open at the main pool. Going in Aug and just ant to make sure the slide will be open
It was not working on Wednesday or Thursday of this week but I think it was an issue with the slide, not a COVID policy change or anything. When we switched to Riviera their slide was on and in use. If it’s a mechanical issue I would hope it’s open in August. This was not the first time I’ve been at a resort where the slide was “out of order” so I’ll cross my fingers for you.

I'm hoping the slide will be ready later this week! Come on, guys, get it working!

Btw, I know that other multiple other resorts' slides are currently in operation, so it isn't a Covid rule thing.

I stayed at BC and while it’s not a bad resort at all and I would stay there again (especially during Food & Wine like I did) I definitely prefer the Poly for a number of reasons:

- Vastly better views from Standard rooms. There really is no equivalent at the Poly to those hideous roof views at YC/BC, no need to pay to upgrade. You can even see the monorail zooming by from many Standard rooms!

- Vastly better food options. I don’t need to tell you how bad the QS situation is at Crescent Lake lol. At the Poly you have one of the best resort QS on property, only the Mara comes close to Capt Cook’s imo for variety and uniqueness, then you have the severely underrated Oasis Bar & Grill which as a pool bar is better than most actual QS at other resorts. Tambu Lounge is on par with Crew’s Cup for food imo and need I even mention Trader Sam’s for drinks. In general Poly has so much iconic food just at the resort—Tonga Toast, a whole place just for Dole Whip, etc. And if you get tired of it for some reason, even more great food is just a walk or quick monorail ride away, including some amazing signature dining. (Hopefully Citrico’s at least will be open by then, but if not there’s always Cali Grill)

- The theming is much more immersive and really makes you feel like you’re not in FL anymore. YC/BC isn’t ugly by any means but it doesn’t have nearly the same charm to me. Also, The Smell in the lobby is iconic.

- Leaving MK at the end of the night is never fun but substantially better when you don’t have far to go, and that actually means more to me than being able to walk to 2 parks, as convenient as that is. Hopefully this won’t be an issue due to much lower crowds and no fireworks though.

Hopefully Capt Cook's will be back to its regular menu by September! Quick Service is pretty lacking at the Crescent Lake resorts, but The Market at Ale & Compass is a welcome addition!

The monorail would definitely make a parking lot view a little easier!

I'll also be at poly that week! Hope to see you there 😆!! 61 days and counting!!!!!

Awesome! 🙋‍♀️Hi trip buddy!

We are staying at the Poly for the 1st time Sept 3rd-13th and our family is so excited. It is our dream vacation! I was wondering which pool the cabanas for rental are at? I thought it would be nice for our pool day we have planned. Thanks for any info!

We are staying at the Poly for the 1st time Sept 3rd-13th and our family is so excited. It is our dream vacation! I was wondering which pool the cabanas for rental are at? I thought it would be nice for our pool day we have planned. Thanks for any info!

They’re at the Oasis Pool, however, they’re more like a covered patio than cabana. @pepperandchips posted this the other day, it should help you out a bit more! Have a great time!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...s-information-questions.3398524/post-62093960

Hopefully Capt Cook's will be back to its regular menu by September! Quick Service is pretty lacking at the Crescent Lake resorts, but The Market at Ale & Compass is a welcome addition!

The monorail would definitely make a parking lot view a little easier!

Pago Pago is really the only building DVC or hotel with a true “parking lot” view. They do an incredibly good job landscaping so that you can barely tell, especially on the second or third floor. I’ve only stayed on the hotel side but from Rarotonga I legit didn’t realize we were facing the parking lot until I saw a maintenance vehicle one day. Trees really obscured it well. I think it can’t be helped with Pago Pago since that’s the one right next to the TTC iirc.

We were able to keep the Poly by switching to a deluxe studio. But I'm worried that won't work for us. With 4 adults and a tall teen, we really needed the 2 queens and daybed a regular resort room has. I didnt realize wed lose the seond bed to a pullout. And i dont even know what replaces the daybed.

We were able to keep the Poly by switching to a deluxe studio. But I'm worried that won't work for us. With 4 adults and a tall teen, we really needed the 2 queens and daybed a regular resort room has. I didnt realize wed lose the seond bed to a pullout. And i dont even know what replaces the daybed.
I would encourage you to look at some studio room tours on YouTube to figure out if it will work for you. There is a queen bed, sofa bed, and one of those small pull-down Murphy beds. My daughter loves them but she’s petite.
Edited to ad link to new-ish room tour video

Last edited:

The sleeping situation definitely sounds tough but the upside is you get a second shower to help in the getting ready madness. I agree to take a look at YouTube. IIRC the pull down murphy bed is basically a twin.

I decided we will just make the most of it. Traveling with an airbed is normal for us anyway, so it gets another Disney trip lol. My middle DD is the problem, nobody likes to sleep with her, not only does she sleep spread out like a starfish, but she kicks Lol. She only lives a few miles from the parks, and will need to work at the beginning of our trip. So she may stay at home for that.

It was not working on Wednesday or Thursday of this week but I think it was an issue with the slide, not a COVID policy change or anything. When we switched to Riviera their slide was on and in use. If it’s a mechanical issue I would hope it’s open in August. This was not the first time I’ve been at a resort where the slide was “out of order” so I’ll cross my fingers for you.
Oh no. My kids would be heartbroken if there is no slide--going on the slide over and over was really all they wanted to do at the pool. Really hope it is just a temporary technical issue and not a budgetary cut. If it's not running by august, we would definitely want to change resorts (especially with the limited dining at the Poly now). Am really really hoping someone here is going in the next couple of weeks and can report back on the slide status.

Is there a specific phone # or email to place a note on the reservation for a request of a specific longhouse if available?

Is anyone at the resort today that can confirm if the slide is working yet? Won't be the end of the world, but would be a bummer if it isn't operational for our trip starting tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter