Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those it may help in the next few days, advance reservations are not currently available for the Oasis Pool Patios, but they are available on a first-come, first-served basis the day of use. Coordinators arrive for their shifts beginning 6 am so you can call day-of from 6:00 am to make a reservation. The official hours of the rental are 10-7, but as I understand, they are not currently offering half days and the CM who reserved ours said it would be set up and ready by 8:30 (I called around 8:00). We did end up leaving around 7:00 pm but could have stayed longer. Full day including tax was $74.55.

View attachment 506135

For those who are not familiar, Oasis Pool Patios are shade structures with cushioned furniture at the Oasis (quiet) pool. You do not get any other special amenities, just a reserved and shaded place to sit.

I think I posted photos of the inside of them a few pages back, if not let me know and I can repost.

View attachment 506136

View attachment 506137
Wow, thanks for the great info!

May I ask, is this quiet pool actually fairly quiet, in terms of no music playing? We'll have a resort day at Poly & I might like to rent one of these, but I have a disorder that gives me very sensitive ears.

Wow, thanks for the great info!

May I ask, is this quiet pool actually fairly quiet, in terms of no music playing? We'll have a resort day at Poly & I might like to rent one of these, but I have super-sensitive ears.
The resort music loop plays at a reasonable decibel around the pool deck. That loop is available on YouTube (I think the one I usually use is from Diz Avenue?) if you want to check it out to see if it annoys you.

There is no afternoon “pool party” at the Oasis Pool like at the feature pool where they play pop music at levels that make my ears ring. I’m only in my 30s but I am a grandma in taste and I don’t like those pool parties because the music level is typically ear-splitting. I like the Polynesian background loop (and often listen to it while I’m working) so it is happy place-setting sound for me. If you’re super sensitive you may not like it, I’m sorry to report.

Edited to add: I saw your edit that you have a medical condition and didn’t mean to mitigate that by suggesting you might only be annoyed. I’m sure that’s awful and I hope you are able to find a quiet place to relax! On our balcony (in Moorea) we could not hear the resort music.

All these great photos are making me so homesick!

(Don’t tell anyone but I like the Oasis pool better than SAB:rolleyes1)
We stayed at BC. SAB is a nice pool but I think calling it a water park is pushing it. We never made it to the main pool at Poly but we enjoyed a few late evenings in the Oasis pool.

@pepperandchips - I have had trouble keeping up with some of these details, did you happen to notice if the Lava Pool slide or the kids splash area is open?
The slide was closed when we were there. I overheard one lifeguard ask another “still no slide?” but the response was inaudible. The kids splash area had water running but I’m not sure if it was open. That’s what I get for being a childless heathen millennial 🙃 I have a friend checking in tomorrow, I’ll ask her to confirm!

Last edited:
It is my favorite place at Walt Disney World. It was awesome being there this week, I think this getaway will help us endure the continued safety protocols at home with renewed energy.

Posting a few more photos from around the resort...

View attachment 506182
View attachment 506183View attachment 506184View attachment 506185View attachment 506186View attachment 506187View attachment 506188View attachment 506189View attachment 506190View attachment 506191
Killing me, we supposed to be at Poly cl 7/16! Ugh

I will visit!

The slide was closed when we were there. I overheard one lifeguard ask another “still no slide?” but the response was inaudible. The kids splash area had water running but I’m not sure if it was open. That’s what I kid for being a childless heathen millennial 🙃 I have a friend checking in tomorrow, I’ll ask her to confirm!
Bummer! The slide is the main feature of the pool. I hope it opens by next week!

Beautiful pictures - thank you both so much for posting! So happy to see the chairs on the beach. Years ago we'd sit on the beach for the fireworks, but the last few times we were at the Poly, the seating was gone. And I like the look of the adirondacks!

It is my favorite place at Walt Disney World. It was awesome being there this week, I think this getaway will help us endure the continued safety protocols at home with renewed energy.

Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

All these great photos are making me so homesick!

Me too :sad1:

Don’t tell anyone but I like the Oasis pool better than SAB:rolleyes1

I'm with you on that....lol. I think SAB is nice, but I prefer the Poly pool (as well as a few others) over SAB.

We stayed at BC. SAB is a nice pool but I think calling it a water park is pushing it.

I agree! It's spread out and has a few different sections, but it doesn't constitute a water park by any means.

Just looked at menu for Capt Cookes. Seriously, did they really remove the pork nachos from their menu?!!!
also the Aloha Isle no longer has the dole whip pineapple upside down cake😱😢
I looked at several menus and they all seemed to have reduced offerings. I had to switch up some of my plans based on this. I did think the Kona prices looked a bit lower from the last time I looked, so maybe they adjusted based on the limited meu??

enhance

enhance

View attachment 506182
View attachment 506183View attachment 506184View attachment 506185View attachment 506186View attachment 506187View attachment 506188View attachment 506189View attachment 506190View attachment 506191
Thanks to both of you for posting these amazing pictures! 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter