Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not the Poly by any means but these crazy ppl in my neighborhood are basically trying to recreate the fireworks tonight so it’s something!:rotfl2:
Us too. They have been going on randomly for days, but today has been excessive...still going now at 12:22 AM. I can’t sleep. The trees are too high to see them. There’s been a few house fires in my town from them today, but police haven’t done anything. If they were closer to me I would have to report them.

Anyway, we watched last year’s WDW fireworks on YouTube, and they made me miss it so much.

Update: Fireworks finally ended at 3:30 AM. I got to sleep around 4 AM. :headache:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! We were originally scheduled to stay at Yacht Club 9/3-9/9, but needed to shift our dates slightly to 9/5-9/11 and Yacht Club was no longer available....so, now we're staying in a Poly Standard View Studio (hoping for Tokelau)! We LOVE Yacht Club, so at first, I was a little panicked that we'd miss Yacht more than we'd love Poly. But, the more I read and remember our love of Dole Whips and walking around the grounds, I think we're going to love it!

Help me feel better! Why is Poly your favorite resort and what do you love about it more than Yacht/Beach Club?! :love: Happy to join the thread. 62 days and counting!

Hi everyone! We were originally scheduled to stay at Yacht Club 9/3-9/9, but needed to shift our dates slightly to 9/5-9/11 and Yacht Club was no longer available....so, now we're staying in a Poly Standard View Studio (hoping for Tokelau)! We LOVE Yacht Club, so at first, I was a little panicked that we'd miss Yacht more than we'd love Poly. But, the more I read and remember our love of Dole Whips and walking around the grounds, I think we're going to love it!

Help me feel better! Why is Poly your favorite resort and what do you love about it more than Yacht/Beach Club?! :love: Happy to join the thread. 62 days and counting!
One thing I like about the Polynesian resort is its food. The Poly and AKL offer the best food of the WDW resorts imo.

I love both BC and Poly, and I'd stay at either one in a heartbeat. Here are some of my favorite things about the Poly:

• The gorgeous tropical landscaping along the paths through the resort. These are lit at night with torches, and there's Hawaiian music playing softly. It's so relaxing walking around the longhouses at night.
  • The rooms at the Poly are significantly larger. For a family of 5 that makes such a big difference. We had a lot more room to spread out when we got back from the parks, and everyone was a log more comfortable.
  • The Oasis pool at the Poly is amazing. At most deluxe resorts, the quiet pools are not themed and there are no amenities there. The Oasis pool at the Poly has a lot going for it.
  • Many transportation options for MK - three different options to choose from. You can walk to the ticket and transportation center, so no need to switch monorails to get to Epcot.
  • The beautiful Great Ceremonial House - what a dramatic entrance to a resort.

Captain Cook's is 24/7. Nice if you have a refillable mug. Also the Tonga Toast and Coconut meatballs are worth getting there too.

Is Captain Cook's currently 24/7? I thought I read they had more limited hours.
Funny you mention that. The other day I was looking at the online menu on the WDW website and it was showing the late night menu. I just looked a few minutes ago and the late night menu is not on there. Probably not enough people staying there to justify opening 24/7 at this time.

I checked Gasparilla's too. They are not showing 24/7 either.

Last edited:

I can't speak for Yacht Club, but we have stayed at Beach Club and loved it, especially SAB.

We initially stayed at Polynesian at my DD's request as this was her dream resort. After staying there, there will be no turning back for me. When she gets married, we will stay at Grand Floridian, and at some point, we may do a split stay at the Poly and Beach Club or Yacht Club for SAB and to be able to walk into Epcot. However, we have absolutely fallen in love with the Poly, and we now consider it our home away from home.

The atmosphere...smells, piped in Hawaiian music, stunning landscaping, and delicious food is mesmerizing to me. We love breakfast and dinner at 'Ohana at least once, and Captain Cooks is great for QS. We enjoy eating lunch at the pool and grabbing a spiky pineapple (Dole whip with rum) or a Mai Tai. We are resort people and only spend 6 mornings in the parks. We take one full day renting a patio/cabana at the Oasis pool. Other than those mornings in the parks, we are at the Poly luxuriating in heaven. We do venture out to signature restaurants for dinner, but we come back to the Poly to watch the fireworks and Electric Water Pageant.

I can think of nothing better.

I asked on the resorts board, then realized maybe I should have asked here: Does Poly have a shower and/or dressing area that guests can use after swimming? We're considering swimming on our check-out day.

It’s not the Poly by any means but these crazy ppl in my neighborhood are basically trying to recreate the fireworks tonight so it’s something!:rotfl2:
Ours too! Many neighbors went all out this year and it was a big spectacular!! 💥I think being cooped up for so long....everyone just needed to have a little fun. It was pretty fun!

Here are some of my favorite things about the Poly:

• The gorgeous tropical landscaping along the paths through the resort. These are lit at night with torches, and there's Hawaiian music playing softly. It's so relaxing walking around the longhouses at night.
  • The rooms at the Poly are significantly larger. For a family of 5 that makes such a big difference. We had a lot more room to spread out when we got back from the parks, and everyone was a log more comfortable.
  • The Oasis pool at the Poly is amazing. At most deluxe resorts, the quiet pools are not themed and there are no amenities there. The Oasis pool at the Poly has a lot going for it.
  • Many transportation options for MK - three different options to choose from. You can walk to the ticket and transportation center, so no need to switch monorails to get to Epcot.
  • The beautiful Great Ceremonial House - what a dramatic entrance to a resort.
The atmosphere...smells, piped in Hawaiian music, stunning landscaping, and delicious food is mesmerizing to me. We love breakfast and dinner at 'Ohana at least once, and Captain Cooks is great for QS. We enjoy eating lunch at the pool and grabbing a spiky pineapple (Dole whip with rum) or a Mai Tai. We are resort people and only spend 6 mornings in the parks. We take one full day renting a patio/cabana at the Oasis pool. Other than those mornings in the parks, we are at the Poly luxuriating in heaven. We do venture out to signature restaurants for dinner, but we come back to the Poly to watch the fireworks and Electric Water Pageant.

I can think of nothing better.

I agree with both posts above :thumbsup2 .

I asked on the resorts board, then realized maybe I should have asked here: Does Poly have a shower and/or dressing area that guests can use after swimming? We're considering swimming on our check-out day.
There are showers in the restroom in the rockwork at the Lava Pool. I haven’t been in there but heard they are not luxurious or anything.

At the Oasis Pool there was not a shower in the restroom - there was a large handicap accessible stall I used to change on our check out day. I didn’t have to fly or anything afterward though!

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm really excited about the change. I think it's going to be perfect for this stay!

Any thoughts/guesses on if restaurants will have less limited menus when the parks reopen next week?

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm really excited about the change. I think it's going to be perfect for this stay!

Any thoughts/guesses on if restaurants will have less limited menus when the parks reopen next week?
Since the regular hotel rooms don’t open up at the Poly until August 12, I don’t think much will change there until then.

I stayed at BC and while it’s not a bad resort at all and I would stay there again (especially during Food & Wine like I did) I definitely prefer the Poly for a number of reasons:

- Vastly better views from Standard rooms. There really is no equivalent at the Poly to those hideous roof views at YC/BC, no need to pay to upgrade. You can even see the monorail zooming by from many Standard rooms!

- Vastly better food options. I don’t need to tell you how bad the QS situation is at Crescent Lake lol. At the Poly you have one of the best resort QS on property, only the Mara comes close to Capt Cook’s imo for variety and uniqueness, then you have the severely underrated Oasis Bar & Grill which as a pool bar is better than most actual QS at other resorts. Tambu Lounge is on par with Crew’s Cup for food imo and need I even mention Trader Sam’s for drinks. In general Poly has so much iconic food just at the resort—Tonga Toast, a whole place just for Dole Whip, etc. And if you get tired of it for some reason, even more great food is just a walk or quick monorail ride away, including some amazing signature dining. (Hopefully Citrico’s at least will be open by then, but if not there’s always Cali Grill)

- The theming is much more immersive and really makes you feel like you’re not in FL anymore. YC/BC isn’t ugly by any means but it doesn’t have nearly the same charm to me. Also, The Smell in the lobby is iconic.

- Leaving MK at the end of the night is never fun but substantially better when you don’t have far to go, and that actually means more to me than being able to walk to 2 parks, as convenient as that is. Hopefully this won’t be an issue due to much lower crowds and no fireworks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter