Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish there was an arcade. That’s the one thing my 9 yo begs me to do every trip.
The one at GF is so small but we have monorailed to Contemporary to use theirs.
The Arcade at the Contemporary has closed and as of April 13th has reopened as a brand-new, playful and immersive Pixar character experience as part of a pilot program. Each night, kids, ages 4-12, will be transported to a world full of excitement and adventure with their favorite characters from Disney Pixar’s “Toy Story” and “The Incredibles”!

Dave

The Arcade at the Contemporary has closed and as of April 13th has reopened as a brand-new, playful and immersive Pixar character experience as part of a pilot program. Each night, kids, ages 4-12, will be transported to a world full of excitement and adventure with their favorite characters from Disney Pixar’s “Toy Story” and “The Incredibles”!

Dave
Oh! Thanks for the heads up. I heard of the new program but did not know if was where the arcade was. That's a bummer!

Dave

Hmm, what is this? I was tying to find if Contemporary had a game room still. When I was a kid and we stayed there, I remember loving the game room so much.

Ok so Im having a moment and cant remember... So my tickets were bought separate, my rooms are all through a DVC rentals, I start my stay at Dolphin before moving over to VGF and then later PVB, but any of my magic bands will allow me into the park during my Dolphin stay correct?

Ok so Im having a moment and cant remember... So my tickets were bought separate, my rooms are all through a DVC rentals, I start my stay at Dolphin before moving over to VGF and then later PVB, but any of my magic bands will allow me into the park during my Dolphin stay correct?

Yup, so long as your separately purchased tickets are linked to the My Disney Experience accounts associated with those MBs, you’re good.

Anyone know where I can get a list of what foods (appetizers) are offered at dinnertime in the club lounge? We might get CL for the first time and would be there from Sun-Thurs.

I asked this on the Restaurant forum, but maybe it is better here. We plan on ordering the Twilight Feast when we are at the resort. We haven't ordered room service at WDW. So, can you use the AP discount or TIW for room service? I expect that the answer is no, but thought I'd ask to be sure.

Got my answer. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dave
I thought the childcare center was closing for that. Can we please confirm with someone on the Contemporary thread just for clarification?

Is there an accurate list of which rooms are now standard view?

I'm particularly wondering about Rarotonga's north side, which faces the Oasis pool. I could be wrong, but I feel like there are trees/plants that block much of the pool view, so is that standard?

I'm particularly wondering about Rarotonga's north side, which faces the Oasis pool. I could be wrong, but I feel like there are trees/plants that block much of the pool view, so is that standard?

Wondering the same thing and always get conflicting reports. :confused3 I would THINK north facing Rarotonga pool view rooms would be limited as there are only a few that actually have a view of any part of the Oasis pool (but what do I know).:rolleyes1

I would love to know this as well! I’ve asked multiple times and put out a new post a few weeks ago about this, but it’s all speculation. Please if anyone has insight, I’d greatly appreciate it!!

This will be my first time staying at the Polynesian. We usually stay at the Contemporary when we go but this December we got a great deal at the Polynesian. My aunt who is 80 will be with us. She will have a scooter but likes a room where she can people watch. If we have a standard view room, any suggestions on where I should request our room?

This is my first time staying at the Polynesian, or visiting Disney in general, and I definitely had some issues with figuring out what rooms were under what room type. I ended up looking at touringplans.com and kind of using their room search options to narrow it down, though I'm not sure if it's totally accurate, either. We're going to be staying in a 'pool or marina view' room, which seems to be a relatively new category.

Can you hear HEA music through the TV in your room like you can at the Contemporary, and is music for hallowishes piped in on the beach?

There is no accurate, comprehensive list of what rooms are Standard. Neither Touring Plans nor Tikiman have been able to get a firm list.

Can you hear HEA music through the TV in your room like you can at the Contemporary, and is music for hallowishes piped in on the beach?

I don't think so. I tried to find it and couldn't so I walked down to the front desk the next day to ask and the CM told me there is not a channel and they do this to get people to go to the beach to watch. I didn't look after that but if someone knows otherwise I would also like to know

I noticed that the hula lessons and torch lighting ceremony are both not listed in the May recreation guide. Does anyone know if they're still offered (typically Tuesday through Saturday)?

The rooms that gave the Oasis pool are still standard because you can’t see the pool from them. THe Oasis bar and Grill building is between Rarotonga and the pool. All you see from those rooms is the backside of the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter