Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a little help. I just returned from an amazing stay at the Poly, renting points from friends. I had a trip booked for July at POFQ but loved Poly so much I switched the reservation to Poly. We were in Pago Pago on the second floor, facing the parking lot. We actually loved the location. My kids loved watching the monorail go by and we loved the short walk to TTC. Anyways, for the July trip I have a standard room booked. My only "must" is a balcony. A patio would be fine too but I prefer the balcony so I don't have to worry about my kids running off (we do breakfast in the room so I prefer to have them eat outside - they're messy!). I'm not sure which longhouse to request. I'd prefer to request one that is not overly popular so I'd have a better shot at my request being granted. TP room types seem to be off. Can anyone help me out with what would be a good request? TIA!

Since you really want a balcony I would make that your only request. That will give you the best odds.

Last edited:
I need a little help. I just returned from an amazing stay at the Poly, renting points from friends. I had a trip booked for July at POFQ but loved Poly so much I switched the reservation to Poly. We were in Pago Pago on the second floor, facing the parking lot. We actually loved the location. My kids loved watching the monorail go by and we loved the short walk to TTC. Anyways, for the July trip I have a standard room booked. My only "must" is a balcony. A patio would be fine too but I prefer the balcony so I don't have to worry about my kids running off (we do breakfast in the room so I prefer to have them eat outside - they're messy!). I'm not sure which longhouse to request. I'd prefer to request one that is not overly popular so I'd have a better shot at my request being granted. TP room types seem to be off. Can anyone help me out with what would be a good request? TIA!
If you don't care that much which building, then make your only request be third floor with balcony. Maybe put if that's not available, then first floor. By not limiting it to a particular building, I think you have a great chance of getting the third floor balcony room.

If you don't care that much which building, then make your only request be third floor with balcony. Maybe put if that's not available, then first floor. By not limiting it to a particular building, I think you have a great chance of getting the third floor balcony room.
Thank you! I usually do a TP fax request, which requests a specific room. Should I use a different method to do my request?

You can, but you can't dip your piggy toes in the water and have it near the edge.
Drinking with your toes, or even legs in the pool seems awesome to me, but when people start eating in the pool, I don’t like that. On our last trip, we were swimming in the quiet pool at the Contemporary while a family was eating cheeseburgers and fries while standing in the pool. They were dropping bits of food and napkins, making a big mess. It was gross.

Drinking with your toes, or even legs in the pool seems awesome to me, but when people start eating in the pool, I don’t like that. On our last trip, we were swimming in the quiet pool at the Contemporary while a family was eating cheeseburgers and fries while standing in the pool. They were dropping bits of food and napkins, making a big mess. It was gross.

Ew! Totally agree!!!!

Hey guys! So I was wondering if Poly does anything special for 4th of July! We were planning on that day being a ‘resort day’ and I’m curious if there will be fun activities for the kids!

Also, for those that have been there for the 3rd and 4th, this is our first 4th of July trip... being we’re at the Poly, is it worth it to venture to EPCOT for the fireworks on the 4th, or do you think both days watching fireworks at Poly is just as good?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hey guys! So I was wondering if Poly does anything special for 4th of July! We were planning on that day being a ‘resort day’ and I’m curious if there will be fun activities for the kids!

Also, for those that have been there for the 3rd and 4th, this is our first 4th of July trip... being we’re at the Poly, is it worth it to venture to EPCOT for the fireworks on the 4th, or do you think both days watching fireworks at Poly is just as good?

Thanks in advance!!!

The 4th of July add on to Illuminations is amazing! I would definitely try to catch it.

on 4th of July, Poly blocks off the beach near Hawaii to Club Level guests only, and attempts to police non-resort guests (those staying, those dining) on resort. The pools are people soup. The open parts of the beaches get quite crowded for the fireworks.

That said, Epcot will be a wall of stank hot people as well.

The 3rd and 4th fireworks from the Poly are amazing. On the 4th last year, it was crazy-crowded, and I think if I was willing to deal with the crowd at park, I'd go ahead and try the Epcot show that night after watching it from the Poly on the 3rd. Unless you're staying club level, then there is a reserved area on the beach.

Thank you! I usually do a TP fax request, which requests a specific room. Should I use a different method to do my request?

You can delete the autofill text w/ the room number and add something else there - if I have something basic like just wanting a balcony, I usually do that. I use the free form section at the bottom to add a bit more - if we're celebrating, why we like having a balcony, thanks for taking this into consideration. We've had good luck with the faxes, and it saves me a phone call.

Thanks in advance!!!

We were at the Poly that week last summer, and opted to watch on both the 3rd and 4th as the kids didn't want to deal with the crowds. We watched from our patio on the 3rd (1st floor Moorea, bungalow view - HA), and then from the little beach way down by the TTC on the 4th. The beach down at that end was far less crowded than the main one, and it was fun to watch it from a slightly different perspective.

20170703-IMG_7007-Edit.jpg20170704-IMG_7126-Edit.jpg

You can delete the autofill text w/ the room number and add something else there - if I have something basic like just wanting a balcony, I usually do that. I use the free form section at the bottom to add a bit more - if we're celebrating, why we like having a balcony, thanks for taking this into consideration. We've had good luck with the faxes, and it saves me a phone call.
Oh, that's a good idea. I didn't realize I could do that.

We were at the Poly that week last summer, and opted to watch on both the 3rd and 4th as the kids didn't want to deal with the crowds. We watched from our patio on the 3rd (1st floor Moorea, bungalow view - HA), and then from the little beach way down by the TTC on the 4th. The beach down at that end was far less crowded than the main one, and it was fun to watch it from a slightly different perspective.

View attachment 319329View attachment 319330

Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your experience and for the pictures!!!!

on 4th of July, Poly blocks off the beach near Hawaii to Club Level guests only, and attempts to police non-resort guests (those staying, those dining) on resort. The pools are people soup. The open parts of the beaches get quite crowded for the fireworks.

That said, Epcot will be a wall of stank hot people as well.
I will be in my pool at home on the 4th, away from the crowds, viewing the illegal fireworks in my neighborhood. :beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter