Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read on Tikiman's page that standard is now Garden view for non-DVC rooms.

Actually I think its the opposite. the rooms used to be called garden view and were recently changed to standard view.
I don't think touring plans has updated that part yet, which explains why it says garden view, so when using the TP room finder,
just use the garden view category and you will see the standard rooms.

We stayed at the Polynesian in 2015. They did not have the option of pool view at that time so our standard view/Gardenview room was in Samoa. Which long houses are considered standard/garden view now? I’m not referring to the DVC units.

Just to let you know, I asked Disney what longhouses at Poly were the pool/marina view and they told me either the Fiji or Samoa. So you might be able to cross them off your list of standard/garden view.

Is the Fiji side facing the luau area and beach considered standard view still? I read that there was speculation that side would remain standard view, while the other side is changed to marina view. Any confirmation?

Is the Fiji side facing the luau area and beach considered standard view still? I read that there was speculation that side would remain standard view, while the other side is changed to marina view. Any confirmation?
I had a room on that side standard view at the end of January.

i have a question regarding room service at the Poly. If you are staying club level, will they deliver your room service to the club lounge rather than having to eat in your room? Or is that a no-no? Also, do they in any way enforce if adults ordering off the room service kids menu? My son will be 12 and therefor a disney "adult" but he definitely only will eat the food off the kids menu. thx for your help!

Yes, they will. We joined some friends who were staying CL at the Poly and they ordered from 'Ohana and had it delivered to the CL. They set everything up for us as well. Made sharing all the leftovers with others easier! It was soooo much food.

Trip is coming up soon and was catching up on my home resort. Saw someone mention pixie dust and had to share.

My wife didn’t yet know much about Disney and was pregnant with our second. I was telling her that maybe we would get some pixie dust. She asked “does pixie dust mean that they put glitter all over you because that wouldn’t be very magical” to which I explained. After that she was excited and kept telling me when I would call for a ressie to tell them we were on our baby moon and maybe they would give us some pixie dust.

Fast forward to our trip and I decide to have some fun and agent a baby moon celebration pin. We’re walking through the castle and a CM stops us to talk about our DD and ask about Cinderella and if we were celebrating anything. I pointed to the pin and she says “ohh you are celebrating. Come with me ma’am” and takes her over to BBB, tells them about the celebration and if they could make her day more magical. She pulls out a wand, tells DW to close her eye and says bibbity bopitt boo and of course glitter comes out all over her head and shoulders. Yep took about 10 minutes for me to stop laughing. She took it well and had fun with it after some short pouting.

Imagine my surprise when I confessed to my husband that I wanted to go Disney in the fall (we just took a long trip last month so I figured he would say no go) and he agreed... but only if we stay at the Polynesian. Fine by me! Had to compromise at 3 nights instead of 4 but I am so excited to start following this thread and learning more about Poly! :tiptoe:

I'm very excited but getting nervous for our stay in just over a month. This will be the first time, my husband and myself, will be traveling with our son who is 2. We are staying in the DVC studios, and I'm wondering if I should rent a crib from an outside source? Does anyone have any advice? I'm nervous that Disney will just provide a small pack and play. Our thoughts were that our son could be placed in one of the bathrooms so that while he is napping we could watch tv etc.

Looking for ideas for dinners while staying at the Poly. Ten in our family including 4 kids from 13 mos.-5. We'll be there 8 nights staying CL so we will have options for light snacks which will be enough for some in the group but not others. Not planning any TS dinners except one night at BOG. Not likely to still be in the parks at dinner time except our BOG night.

So far I've considered ordering pizza, ordering 'Ohana room service and making a trip to Captain Cook's. We won't have a car but one of us could use Uber/Lyft to go get food.

We have used DoorDash at home but it doesn't look like they deliver to the Poly. Any other meal delivery services you can recommend? Any other easy meal ideas? Does Kona Cafe offer carry-out? Or restaurants at Contemporary or GF?

Looking for ideas for dinners while staying at the Poly. Ten in our family including 4 kids from 13 mos.-5. We'll be there 8 nights staying CL so we will have options for light snacks which will be enough for some in the group but not others. Not planning any TS dinners except one night at BOG. Not likely to still be in the parks at dinner time except our BOG night.

So far I've considered ordering pizza, ordering 'Ohana room service and making a trip to Captain Cook's. We won't have a car but one of us could use Uber/Lyft to go get food.

We have used DoorDash at home but it doesn't look like they deliver to the Poly. Any other meal delivery services you can recommend? Any other easy meal ideas? Does Kona Cafe offer carry-out? Or restaurants at Contemporary or GF?

You would have to meet the driver (they generally can't come to your room) but I highly recommend Flipper's pizza for delivery. They have other stuff besides pizza too. It's not going to change your life or anything but the quality is much better than Disney pizza in my opinion, and I loved the salad and breadsticks.

Sounds like the kids in your party are the perfect ages for a few fun monorail rides - if you tire of Captain Cooks for QS, we also really like the Contempo Cafe at the contemporary as they have some different options. Plus it's fun to watch the hustle and bustle in the resort and the monorails go by! Another good option for the kids in your group might be to monorail/boat over to the Wilderness Lodge. Whispering Canyon seems to be a favorite for kids and we love the QS/lounge options at Geyser Point.

Trails End has take out chicken dinners available to go - you could consider sending one or two of your party by boat (connecting at MK) to Fort Wilderness. Trails End is much closer to the boat dock than to the front of the resort. You could pick up fried chicken dinner for everyone.

Trails End has take out chicken dinners available to go - you could consider sending one or two of your party by boat (connecting at MK) to Fort Wilderness. Trails End is much closer to the boat dock than to the front of the resort. You could pick up fried chicken dinner for everyone.

Thanks for all those ideas! Yes, the kids may or may not be up for a monorail ride at that time of the day but will keep as an option. So we've never stayed at the Poly and I'm completely unfamiliar with the boats. To get to Trail's End, would we take the Poly boat to MK and then get a MK boat to Trail's End? Would dinner still be warm by the time we get back lol?

Would it be faster to take Uber to Trail's End...have them wait while we pick up and then return us to the resort?

Thanks for all those ideas! Yes, the kids may or may not be up for a monorail ride at that time of the day but will keep as an option. So we've never stayed at the Poly and I'm completely unfamiliar with the boats. To get to Trail's End, would we take the Poly boat to MK and then get a MK boat to Trail's End? Would dinner still be warm by the time we get back lol?

Would it be faster to take Uber to Trail's End...have them wait while we pick up and then return us to the resort?
Yes you'd have to monorail or boat to MK and then transfer... or monorail to contemporary and grab the boat from there (there is a boat that does a circuit of WL - ft wilderness - CR) I didn't want to overexplain if you already knew that :flower3:

Trails End is much closer to the boat dock than it is to the front of the resort, so from an Uber drop off you'd still have to take an internal bus at ft Wilderness so I think the boat would be easier... I have no assurances about the food being warm but as it's sort of picnic food I'd be okay with lukewarm chicken!

Sorry I don't know about take out from the table service restaurants. The only one I've personally them do it at is Sanaa (from the bartender) so I don't think it hurts to ask!

Just booked our adults only weekend getaway at the Poly over Memorial Day Weekend! So excited to be coming back! Stayed here last May and LOVED it! Since it will just be adults this trip hoping to go the Trader Sams the Friday evening we arrive. Think I'll have an issue getting in? Does it still get really crowded? We're ok with hanging at the outside area too. Thinking we'd head there around 6-630p ish.

I'm very excited but getting nervous for our stay in just over a month. This will be the first time, my husband and myself, will be traveling with our son who is 2. We are staying in the DVC studios, and I'm wondering if I should rent a crib from an outside source? Does anyone have any advice? I'm nervous that Disney will just provide a small pack and play. Our thoughts were that our son could be placed in one of the bathrooms so that while he is napping we could watch tv etc.

In my experience Disney typically supplies pack and plays. If you want a full size crib you will probably want to rent from an outside vendor.

If you would rather I do think a couple vendors also rent toddler beds. I only bring that up because both of my kids were climbing out at that age and would not sleep in a crib.

Just booked our adults only weekend getaway at the Poly over Memorial Day Weekend! So excited to be coming back! Stayed here last May and LOVED it! Since it will just be adults this trip hoping to go the Trader Sams the Friday evening we arrive. Think I'll have an issue getting in? Does it still get really crowded? We're ok with hanging at the outside area too. Thinking we'd head there around 6-630p ish.

Crowds are hit and miss. However, I'd go at 8 because that's when Trader Sams only allows adults.

We're scheduled to land at 3:30 in the afternoon. Usually we plan a nice dinner on our arrival night, but I don't want to risk the $10/pp charge if our flight is delayed (and we also don't want to plan an 8:00 dinner). Is there a nice place where we could eat without a reservation? We'll have our 3-year-old with us so I'm leaning away from the lounges, but I'd love a Lapu Lapu if possible.

We're scheduled to land at 3:30 in the afternoon. Usually we plan a nice dinner on our arrival night, but I don't want to risk the $10/pp charge if our flight is delayed (and we also don't want to plan an 8:00 dinner). Is there a nice place where we could eat without a reservation? We'll have our 3-year-old with us so I'm leaning away from the lounges, but I'd love a Lapu Lapu if possible.
You'll probably be able to get Kona last minute (use your phone after you land - I think its better to book, even if minutes before you arrive, then show up without any reservation). I think Kona is great for arrival day - its right there, great theming, good food.

You'll probably be able to get Kona last minute (use your phone after you land - I think its better to book, even if minutes before you arrive, then show up without any reservation). I think Kona is great for arrival day - its right there, great theming, good food.

Thank you! Great idea! We were looking at Kona. Hopefully we can get something last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter