Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came back from my first Poly stay so I can tell you that no, the soda machines at Captain Cooks are "old style" and there is another drink station for sure at the Oasis pool that we used often (not sure of Lava pool?). We were really disappointed that they close the lava pool so early every night! The lifeguards made sure everyone was out of pool and hot tub by 8 (since the fireworks started at 7:55 they would let you watch from the deck though but then leave as soon as it was over). I always heard of watching fireworks from the pool so am wondering if hours recently changed?
We really loved the resort and will definitely return. We only booked a standard room and ended up at Rarotonga (sp?) on the 2nd floor. We actually loved the location and didn't miss a balcony/patio as much as I feared we would.

Does Captain Cooks have the Coke Freestyle machines? Also, is there a drink refill station at any other area at the Poly, like the Oasis pool bar or near the lava pool bar? Just wondering. Thanks!

The soda machines are not Freestyle. There is a full drink service station at the Oasis Pool, but not at the Lava pool.

I just came back from my first Poly stay so I can tell you that no, the soda machines at Captain Cooks are "old style" and there is another drink station for sure at the Oasis pool that we used often (not sure of Lava pool?). We were really disappointed that they close the lava pool so early every night! The lifeguards made sure everyone was out of pool and hot tub by 8 (since the fireworks started at 7:55 they would let you watch from the deck though but then leave as soon as it was over). I always heard of watching fireworks from the pool so am wondering if hours recently changed?
We really loved the resort and will definitely return. We only booked a standard room and ended up at Rarotonga (sp?) on the 2nd floor. We actually loved the location and didn't miss a balcony/patio as much as I feared we would.

Thanks for the info! Glad you had a nice stay.

Any idea if the Captain Cook refill station or the Oasis station has a lever that dispenses clear sparkling water/soda? I know at Hurricane Hannah’s they did in2016. Wondering about Poly. I haven’t been able to find a clear enough photo of the dispensers to see if they have two water levers. One for regular water and one sparking. Please if anyone knows or is there now and can check, I’d so appreciate it!

Couple questions

1. Need suggestions for best building Standard view rooms for Couple's getaway trip.
2. What is the best plan currently for using transportation from Poly to the parks? ex...should we take Ferry at TTC for MK if monorail is not working?
3. Is there a way to know if the monorail is operating before walking out to the platform?

Does Captain Cooks have the Coke Freestyle machines? Also, is there a drink refill station at any other area at the Poly, like the Oasis pool bar or near the lava pool bar? Just wondering. Thanks!

This may come in handy for anyone looking for Coke Freestyle machines at WDW (or anywhere really).
Its not 100% accurate as I know there are some in the DVC lounge at Epcot, but they dont show up .

https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/find-freestyle-locations/#map:Disneyworld|5|

Hey, does anyone know if they sell Kona's Lilikoi juice at the Gift shop or Captain Cooks? I want to make my own drinks.

I don't have the answer, but wanted to bump your post in case others are able to help :flower3:.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :wizard:.

Need suggestions for best building Standard view rooms for Couple's getaway trip.

We've only stayed in Samoa, but Fiji seems to have nice views and often gets great reviews for location/quietness :).

Any good tips for Poly first timers? My family is heading there in April.

Not sure how long your trip is or if you will have any down time, but I'd try to spend some time at the resort just taking in the beautiful surroundings (i.e., swim, walk around the resort, watch the fireworks from the beach, etc). The Poly is amazing, hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Just 5 days until we leave! I requested a 3rd floor marina view room. Really hoping for that 3rd floor balcony!

Have a great trip! :yay:

Coming back to the Poly for an extended weekend over Memorial Day, then again as part of a split stay in November 2018. First time staying Garden View Club Level (prior trip was CL TPV). Do all the Garden Views face the Oasis pool in some regard? I've not paid much attention when leaving the Hawaii building to see what the other side looked like and now that we're booked, I'm curious. TIA!

i have a question regarding room service at the Poly. If you are staying club level, will they deliver your room service to the club lounge rather than having to eat in your room? Or is that a no-no? Also, do they in any way enforce if adults ordering off the room service kids menu? My son will be 12 and therefor a disney "adult" but he definitely only will eat the food off the kids menu. thx for your help!

We just returned from our first stay at the Poly from 2/20-2/28, previously we've stayed at POR, BC, and CSR, and it was amazing! We booked a Pool/Marina view and used TP to request a 3rd Floor Samoa building room. We arrived around noon and got a text that our room was ready, we were given a ground level Samoa room. We've had bad experiences with ground floor rooms (lots of jumping/stomping feet) and really had our hearts set on a 3rd floor so we went to the desk and asked if there was any chance we could move. Luckily they had one available but it wasn't clean yet so we decided to wait it out. It ended up being a "deep clean" room (something they must do occasionally) and we didn't get in our room until almost 4PM but we asked for it so no complaints there. We ended up in 3603 Samoa with a Lava Pool view and it was gorgeous!

Not sure this is true or has been mentioned before but the CM that checked us in told us that they added the Pool/Marina view category because too many people were getting upset when they would request Samoa and not get it. In her words people would get "crazy upset".

Anyway, Samoa was an awesome building and steps away from the pools, beach, and GCH. Staying at POR and CSR which are more sprawling from the main buildings this was a nice perk.

We loved having the access to the monorail and boat to MK although we never could figure out which one was faster...watching the fireworks and electric water pageant from the Poly beach was awesome. Trader Sam's was so fun! We didn't realize how busy in got in there! Food was great, mousekeeping was great, and every CM we met was friendly and we were always greeted with an "Aloha". It's going to be hard to ever stay anywhere else!

Hey guys!
Our trip is coming up on the 10th, and I'm researching for making a room request via Touring Plans. We have a standard room booked.
I am looking at one side of Fiji as an option. We had a room there before and enjoyed it.
Is one or both sides of Rarotonga a standard option anymore?

I've been poking around trying to find a new list of standard room locations without success. If anyone could point me in the right direction. :love1:

Hey guys!
Our trip is coming up on the 10th, and I'm researching for making a room request via Touring Plans. We have a standard room booked.
I am looking at one side of Fiji as an option. We had a room there before and enjoyed it.
Is one or both sides of Rarotonga a standard option anymore?

I've been poking around trying to find a new list of standard room locations without success. If anyone could point me in the right direction. :love1:
I just stayed standard in Raratonga facing the monorail. It was great!

i have a question regarding room service at the Poly. If you are staying club level, will they deliver your room service to the club lounge rather than having to eat in your room? Or is that a no-no? Also, do they in any way enforce if adults ordering off the room service kids menu? My son will be 12 and therefor a disney "adult" but he definitely only will eat the food off the kids menu. thx for your help!

I’m not sure if they will deliver straight to the lounge (no harm in asking) but if they don’t, just wheel the cart down yourself. I have seen people have room service in the lounge quite often.

You may want to utilize the third floor to be a bit ‘out of the way’ if it’s particularly busy. I’ve seen both respectful and, shall I say, not-so-respectful uses of the lounge with room service.

No restrictions on the adults/kids menu.

Hope that helps!

I’m not sure if they will deliver straight to the lounge (no harm in asking) but if they don’t, just wheel the cart down yourself. I have seen people have room service in the lounge quite often.

You may want to utilize the third floor to be a bit ‘out of the way’ if it’s particularly busy. I’ve seen both respectful and, shall I say, not-so-respectful uses of the lounge with room service.

No restrictions on the adults/kids menu.

Hope that helps!
Super helpful thanks! Want to get as much use out of that lounge as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter