Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just made reservations this morning to rent a cabana all day, we also have reservations at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast at 9:00. My question is will they hold our reservation until we get back, the cast member said to check in 15 minutes before 10:00. I gave my credit card I don't want them to give our cabana away if we're not there at 10 am

Is your cabana at the Polynesian?

I was looking into the Polynesian, where does the 5th person sleep? Does the couch pull out/ flatten out? I couldn't find pictures of it opened up so I wanted to make sure!
Kind of looks like the couch is right in front of the 2nd bed, which is why I'm questioning if it pulls out.
It will only be 4 of us, but the 2 kids kick at night so they need their own sleeping areas. :P

I was looking into the Polynesian, where does the 5th person sleep? Does the couch pull out/ flatten out? I couldn't find pictures of it opened up so I wanted to make sure!
Kind of looks like the couch is right in front of the 2nd bed, which is why I'm questioning if it pulls out.
It will only be 4 of us, but the 2 kids kick at night so they need their own sleeping areas. :P
The sofa does not pull out into a bed. You can pull the top of the sofa forward which closes the sofa on itself. Doing so reveals the sleeping surface that normally faces the wall while it is a sofa. I think its smaller than a twin sleeping surface from seeing it in person. I do not actually have measurements.

the-sofa-bed-for-1.jpg

The sofa does not pull out into a bed. You can pull the top of the sofa forward which closes the sofa on itself. Doing so reveals the sleeping surface that normally faces the wall while it is a sofa. I think its smaller than a twin sleeping surface from seeing it in person. I do not actually have measurements.

View attachment 243582
Thank you! the picture is just what I needed!

did they update the mattresses? I absolutely love the Poly and it's generally our go to resort but after a short stay at GF and CR I think their beds are WAY better and I'd love the Poly to have something similar. We stayed in Hawaii in February and I would say the beds weren't terrible but they're not the best either for a deluxe. We stayed at the contemporary last month for a weekend and their beds are definately up there with the GF.
We stayed 5 nights last week first floor Hawaii building. I found the mattress to be fairly firm and did not sleep well 3 of the 5 nights. Still loved our stay and will go back. But really love my own bed.

With the recent rains, has the drought situation eased enough to resume the marshmallow roasts at the fire pit?

Marshmallow roasting was back on as of Friday June 9th - watched from our balcony (none on Thursday, weren't at the resort on Saturday to see). Can't say if it will continue - I would assume that it may come and go based on conditions.

View attachment 243582

Thank you! This picture is awesome. I'm still trying to decide whether to just ask for a bed rail or get a crib for our 2 year old. He still sleeps in his crib at home but man....he's 2.5, c'mon now!

Our trip is sneaking up on us so quickly. We are 80-ish days out. Typically by this point I have everything planned out and ready and now I'm 20 days from FP and have no plan. I think I may finally be reaching Disney burnout. Bleh.

Anyway, does anyone have a review or pictures of room service pizza at Poly?

I finally got Ohana for our arrival night and so excited to spend a few nights at the poly in July!

Congrats on getting Ohana! It pays to be persistent ::yes::.

I have told people that you just need to keep checking and things do sometimes open up.

I agree! People cancel/change plans all the time, so it's best to keep checking as you never know when something will become available ;).

T minus 5 days until we are back to our Happy Place and back to the Poly!!!

Have a great trip! :yay:

7 days!!! One week!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Have a great time! :banana::banana:

Our trip is sneaking up on us so quickly. We are 80-ish days out. Typically by this point I have everything planned out and ready and now I'm 20 days from FP and have no plan. I think I may finally be reaching Disney burnout. Bleh.

Anyway, does anyone have a review or pictures of room service pizza at Poly?

I can't help with pics, but wanted to say good luck with your FP's :wizard:.

excited to be back at the poly again!! stayed in december for mother daughter trip and we are all back for a few nights!

Hope you had a great mother/daughter trip! Going back with everyone will be fun. Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter