Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be honest that is horrible for $40. Looks like there are literally only 2 of the sticky wings on that one plate and most of the other plate is noodles. A one person Ohana meal is that price and you could eat 20 wings if you wanted.
We bought one adult portion and three adults ate for that price, and we each had plenty. It was delicious!

Your trip is close, fun!

Poly does have a gym, it shares a facility with the GF next door. It's a short walk over, a nice warm up actually. Your MagicBand will open the door. It's in the small, seperate building just past the Wedding Pavilion but before you get to the GF DVC building. The Senses Spa is in the same building.

I run outside on the path between the TTC/Poly/GF. Nice and flat, good scenery - it's a wonderful morning run! Usually there are quite a few early morning runners out, in my experience. I'll see if I can look up my running history on my watch to let you know the distance.

There are "New Balance" signs in a few spots that show an actual trail, but I will just wind my way around both GF and Poly and make my own path.

Hope that helps!

I'm not a runner, but we stayed in Moorea a week ago and I saw runners traversing the other in front of the bungalows that runs along the water.

Tuvalu is part of the regular Polynesian Village Resort and not a DVC longhouse with studios. It has all three view types: standard, lagoon, and theme park. Standard faces inward towards Fiji. The part on the lagoon is a mix based on the floor and location.

Tokelau is the DVC longhouse...

Last edited:
I think many of the resorts have these now. I find them extremely annoying as they do seem to turn themselves off during the night. Check out this thread on how to override: https://www.disboards.com/threads/motion-sensor-thermostats.3608157/
Thank you so much for posting this thread link. I have noted it for my trip in October. When I was there last year we tried calling the front desk and they had the thermostat adjusted but it was still too warm for me. I hope the bypass option works!

I was told Tuvalu is DVC...
Maybe you are thinking Tokelau?

There are 3 DVC longhouses: Tokelau, Pago Pago, and Moorea. Both Tokelau and Pago Pago are all standard view. Moorea has lake and standard view. They are all on the far right of the resort, closest to the TTC.

Bora Bora are the Bungalows.

Joining in on this thread as we just booked our first Poly stay for January 2-9 while there for Marathon Weekend. So excited!

Can you use your magic band at the Oasis Pool Bar and grill, would rather not use a cc or cash.

Just to clear things up, the twilight feast I posted was one kids meal. It was the perfect amount for what we wanted that late in the evening.
The beds on the third floor were fine to me and our room temp was fine too. It was super hot when we were there too. I usually like it very cool and DD likes it warmer than me but we found a happy medium so we were both happy.
One other note that might be helpful to others. Captain Cooks is open late and we were able to get a flat bread pizza one night after MK EMH, that hit the spot!

Thank you so much for the helpful answers! She just turned 2 and is only 26lbs so maybe we will bring ours just to be safe. Trying to pack for a family of 4 with 2 check in bags, so luggage space is precious.

We have buckled our grandkids' "Puddle Jumper" life jackets to the handles of our carry-on bags and have not been questioned. Many people do this with pillows they carry on without a problem and those puddle jumpers take up so much room inside the luggage.

With the recent rains, has the drought situation eased enough to resume the marshmallow roasts at the fire pit?

So to get in the pool all we need is our magic band to get in the gate and to buy snacks or drinks from the pool bar and grille? Do they have a gate that you have to scan your band at both pools to get in?

Yup, correct on all accounts. Both Poly pools have MB scanners on all of the gates (which is different than some other resorts). So long as your MB is set up for charging (which 98% people do), that's all you need! I don't carry anything else on me when at WDW except my AP card, ID (only because needed with AP sometimes), and some cash in case I need to tip someone.

Yup, correct on all accounts. Both Poly pools have MB scanners on all of the gates (which is different than some other resorts). So long as your MB is set up for charging (which 98% people do), that's all you need! I don't carry anything else on me when at WDW except my AP card, ID (only because needed with AP sometimes), and some cash in case I need to tip someone.
Ok thank you ! Glad we wont have to carry anything else when going to the pool.

Does anyone know what time they stop serving coffee at Kona Island? My boyfriend would love an espresso upon arrival, but we probably won't get to the resort until 12 pm-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter