Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried the Cabana rental at the poly? Thinking about doing it this trip for our pool day but was wondering what the cost was and how far out should I attempt to reserve them? (Going 2nd week in June)

There are 3 "cabanas" and they reserve at 180 days. Cost is $25 a half day and $49 a full day. It includes nothing but reserved use of the shade structure, which isn't a true cabana. They are at the Oasis Pool.

Anyone tried the Cabana rental at the poly? Thinking about doing it this trip for our pool day but was wondering what the cost was and how far out should I attempt to reserve them? (Going 2nd week in June)

would love if when you came back or were there, if you would post your review about the cabana. we rented it for each of our pool days and the lack of adequate shade as PP mentioned is a bit concerning as that September heat can get bad and we'll be looking for an escape :)

There are 3 "cabanas" and they reserve at 180 days. Cost is $25 a half day and $49 a full day. It includes nothing but reserved use of the shade structure, which isn't a true cabana. They are at the Oasis Pool.

do you know how many hours a half day is considered?? or a whole day??

Rates start at $26.36 (including tax) for a half day, with time blocks running from 10am to 2pm and 3pm to 7pm. A full day rental from 10am to 7pm is available for $42.60.
sorry one more question, is it from the time the pool opens??

We had the water parks and more option for our end of March trip. We took uber back and forth from the water parks. Did not want to mess with a bus transfer. Cost was $7-$9 each way depending on time of day and never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a ride. Drop-off and pick-up is right at the front entrance.
This may be the best choice. Do you tip uber?

Quick question, staying in a DVC studio in a few weeks. Looking to grab a few breakfast items to eat in the room. Do the fridges in the studios have a freezer section in them? Thanks!

Quick question, staying in a DVC studio in a few weeks. Looking to grab a few breakfast items to eat in the room. Do the fridges in the studios have a freezer section in them? Thanks!
Generally no. Disney is moving all the mini-fridges to a no-freezer model. While there are some, it's mixed if you get one. When it dies, it gets replaced with one without.

This may be the best choice. Do you tip uber?

In my opinion, no, but you'll see people on many sides of the issue. If they are simply providing you a trip from one spot to another, you're prompt in meeting them, and it's a quick trip then I dont' see a reason for it. Do give them a 5 star rating if they deserve it, and many do. If they're helping you with bags or waiting for others in your party, or you're installing car seats, etc, then that's a point where you should give them a few dollars on top of the fare.

180 DAYS!! So excited!! I was up at 0500 CST making my ADR's. I got everything I wanted except dinner at Be Our Guest. Snagged a lunch res though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter