Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@johnsonet Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

I see my favourite view (early morning Marina) made the cut... hope you were able to pull up a chair, grab a Kona coffee and enjoy the peacefulness on what sounds like a wonderful jam packed holiday!

Johnsonet,
Thanks for brightening my morning with your lovely pictures!
Sorry you are having the post Disney blues. I hope by posting your vacay pics helps ease the pain a little.
I haven't been on the board for a while, no Disney trips in my future:worried:, but I was wondering which longhouse you were in and also if you have any pictures of the oasis pool?
Thanks again.

Thank you!
We were in Fiji, 3d floor, beach side. Very gardens-y and relaxing :daisy:

Yes. Here are some pics of the fab Oasis Pool area:

164EB61D-DC5E-49EE-B70D-5E9D03163C7A_zpsd49bhbmv.jpg

E42EAD21-0231-412D-9CDC-27D8575CC9F4_zps3tjlbn31.jpg

6FF52AC3-D167-4706-B4EB-6A88257CCBED_zpshgbegmfr.jpg

946BDDF7-2EAA-4C51-8AFA-45D88B13CAAB_zpslctcafov.jpg

9BB178B0-F040-4E23-9FCB-D2555BDF2BAF_zpsgtxrb4j0.jpg

5DC8F96A-AF37-4665-9D18-D65EC63331CC_zpsl2ovcqx8.jpg

Can you eat at the Oasis Bar & Grill if you are not a Polynesian guest? From the pictures I've seen, I can't tell if all seating is inside or outside the pool area. Thanks!

@johnsonet Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

I see my favourite view (early morning Marina) made the cut... hope you were able to pull up a chair, grab a Kona coffee and enjoy the peacefulness on what sounds like a wonderful jam packed holiday!

haha- yes, it's a wonderful view. So nice to stay on that side of the resort and enjoy it over and over. I never took the time to sit outside with my coffee but next time, I will!
Oh, and thanks to your tip, I heard the bamboo "sing" at the end of Fiji :cloud9: Incredible sound!

FE276226-C9C0-4987-85E4-8BDF802D0A12_zpsabbtm9zg.jpg

5AAEFC45-60C3-4198-84D0-9BD2AEBB6CC5_zpsan72pyne.jpg

This is the stairwell of Fiji, on the Tuvalu end. You can see the bamboo on the right (top pic) and on the left (bottom pic).

haha- yes, it's a wonderful view. So nice to stay on that side of the resort and enjoy it over and over. I never took the time to sit outside with my coffee but next time, I will!
Oh, and thanks to your tip, I heard the bamboo "sing" at the end of Fiji :cloud9: Incredible sound!

This is the stairwell of Fiji, on the Tuvalu end. You can see the bamboo on the right (top pic) and on the left (bottom pic).

Ahhhh... the beautiful bamboo! Love it!:o

This end of the resort is by far my favourite... it is a bit quieter and has that peaceful island feel. Fiji & Aotearoa are always my first choice of longhouse.

Wow, I have stayed in Fiji( my favorite longhouse) several times and have never used that stairwell! Just goes to show you that you can stay at the Polynesian and never run out of things to see and explore.

@johnsonet Great pics!! Ooooooh I'm soooooo excited to be heading to the Poly next week!

You mentioned lower crowds. As opposed to when? I thought that August crowds were continuing to be higher. I can only compare this upcoming trip with August 2014 and 2015 anyway. Regardless, any mention of lower crowds always sounds positive to me!

Last edited:
One more thing, your room view (I think it's your room) looks spectacular! I had considered Fiji but not this side. What room were you in?

johnsonet, thanks for posting your beautiful pics. 17 days...but who's counting...until I check in. :dogdance::dogdance: It's been about five years since we last stayed there, can't wait.

Wow, I have stayed in Fiji( my favorite longhouse) several times and have never used that stairwell! Just goes to show you that you can stay at the Polynesian and never run out of things to see and explore.

I agree! Love discovering new parts of the resort :cloud9:

@johnsonet Great pics!! Ooooooh I'm soooooo excited to be heading to the Poly next week!

You mentioned lower crowds. As opposed to when? I thought that August crowds were continuing to be higher. So I can only compare this upcoming trip with August 2014 and 2015 anyway. Regardless, any mention of lower crowds always sounds positive to me!
As opposed to my previous summer trips. Crowds are down. I've been reading posts and tweets about this for a couple of months.::yes:: Late August may be different.

I have an ADR for Ohana but may reconsider and do the Twilight feast instead. One of my sons is a vegetarian, so in his case, justifying the expense of what is mainly a carnivorous feast is a little difficult to do. (Not sure what Ohana does to compensate vegetarians. Definitely not worth it if it's just expecting him to eat salad, stir fry and noodles.) But even if they do offer an alternate meal, it just wouldn't be the same. Unless, of course, it were delivered in the same sequence-fashion as the regular meal, bringing him one dish after another.

A thought just occurred to me. Does anyone know if we'd be able to get extra portions of some of the vegetarian dishes if we were to order the meal in-room? Just not wanting to pay the $40+ for veggies and noodles.

I'm a vegetarian and absolutely LOVED 'Ohana! We'll be there next month and it's probably the meal I'm looking forward to the most :-) They have a lot of options for vegetarians - just don't be shy about telling them you don't eat meat when you check-in. They brought me grilled tofu, a pita/hummus assortment, a stir fry with tons of tofu and veggies, and the typical salad/bread/dessert everyone else gets (if I remember correctly, they even made a separate salad without egg). I've never had an issue with getting special vegetarian plates at Disney restaurants, but 'Ohana far exceeded my expectations. You really can't go wrong with that restaurant :-)

Lovely photos jonsonet! The Oasis Pool does look beautiful, but I really do miss "our" Tiki Hut. Wish they would have found a way to save all of the huts rather than the creation of the three that seem to be scooped up so early in the a.m. :(

Thank you :flower3:

You're welcome :goodvibes

That sounds so relaxing :cloud9:.

Here are some pics of the fab Oasis Pool area

Love all of your pics! The Poly looks as amazing as always. I can't wait to book another Poly stay :).

I agree ;).

Ooooooh I'm soooooo excited to be heading to the Poly next week!

Have a great trip! :yay:

Lovely photos jonsonet! The Oasis Pool does look beautiful, but I really do miss "our" Tiki Hut. Wish they would have found a way to save all of the huts rather than the creation of the three that seem to be scooped up so early in the a.m. :(

DSC03436.jpg

DSC03442.jpg

:flower3:

Love all of your pics! The Poly looks as amazing as always. I can't wait to book another Poly stay :)

Thanks. Yes, you must - asap! ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter