• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are leaving tomorrow and we are so excited!!! First time at Poly. A little nervous about the DME as we never rec'd our bag tickets but my TA said no worries just give them our tags from check in. Has anyone experienced this and do you think it means we will receive our luggage later then normal?

We are leaving tomorrow and we are so excited!!! First time at Poly. A little nervous about the DME as we never rec'd our bag tickets but my TA said no worries just give them our tags from check in. Has anyone experienced this and do you think it means we will receive our luggage later then normal?
We always use DME , we put the yellow tags on our luggage b4 we leave home and off we go. They appear in our room later the day you check in. I never handed anything to anyone at the check in counter for DME. They just scan your band and you are all set. The scan is just so they know how many are in your party for the bus and what resort.

The rooms are big and bathrooms are bugs with 2 sinks so my kids don't fight!

Haha I thought of my family when reading this. My girls share a bathroom and they always say they can't brush their teeth together....My Oldest DD will wait until the other 2 are finished because I think she is trying to stall.

Day 3 ......very very very hot! We spent the day at Epcot and had a blast. I have to say it was tge first time we did every single ride and every experience. It was a lot of fun.

Funny and a review we rented a evc and stroller from apple scooter. Never again! 2nd time we did and it will be the last. The stroller will barely turn, tge front wheel it pretty much stuck. (Yes we called this is strollet &scooter #2). We r calling again tomorrow to complain. After our long day at the park the monrail attendant asked us to close the scooter, I said I really don't Wang to but I will. We get off the monrail the stroller is stuck open in a straight line. My husband is literally fighting with it to either pop out or go back into the folding position. He was so mad, and at that point I'm so tired all I could do was laugh. It was lIke a scene from National lampoon vacation. It was great. The more mad he got the sillier I got. Which was no help. He almost threw it (no one was around at this point it was just us) never again am I renting from them after this incident. The first stroller was beyond dirty. The evc was beat up, tires has huge gash on the outside. It made a funny noise when it moved.

Watchibg the Fireworks and swimming was a blast for the kids, they loved it!

Tomorrow DTD Trex and maybe Quest!

Haha I could totally picture my DH with the unforgiving stroller and me laughing because I was so tired.
Have a great time at Trex my girls love it there...more than Rainforest, which I think they have pretty similar food considering they are the same owners.

I have never experienced this. Too bad you didn't have a few more days, you could of called DME and they would of sent tags to you. I believe you can give your tags when you check in at DME. I don't know how much longer your bags would be, it may not be any longer since they are grabbing bags from your flight most likely. Or it could be a few hours more. It stinks that your TA never sent your yellow tags. I booked a TA once(with AAA, for a deal) and I had to keep "harassing" them to get my stuff together. I will never book with a TA again, I don't like to give up control. LOL :rotfl:

Plus I love getting Disney mail!!:tinker:

Have a great trip!

Last edited:
I'm in the same exact situation (we're leaving Saturday!). Bet we have the same TA! Here's hoping we both get our bags without too much difficulty. In any event, have a great trip!

We have had a couple very last minute trips and one where we misplaced our ME tags and had zero issues. When you check in for ME give the CM your Baggage Claim Tickets and they will get your bags. When we have had to do it this way, we found that the bags took no longer to arrive than normal.

It may be later than normal but you will get your bags.

The process will be different, which may be what slows them down. It really depends.
If you use the ME tags the bags never go through the baggage return process. Disney gets them pulled out and separated before it's brought to the baggage claim. Disney loads them on a van and they are brought to the resort and delivered to you.
Without the yellow tags your bags will go to baggage claim with all the others and then Disney will get them and then Disney will load them on the van to bring to the resort where they are delivered to you.
That extra part may put them on a later van than the bags that are pulled right from the plane.
But you'll get them.

I'm in the same exact situation (we're leaving Saturday!). Bet we have the same TA! Here's hoping we both get our bags without too much difficulty. In any event, have a great trip!

You know what most likely happened, the TA got the tags and lost them or forgot to send them to you. That's how it usually goes when you use a TA, tags get sent to TA, TA sends tags to client. Some TAs are better at this step than others.

That's how it usually goes when you use a TA, tags get sent to TA, TA sends tags to client. Some TAs are better at this step than others.

Nothing wrong with a TA. We look for great deals and spend hours helping clients. TAs dont need tags. I just got my docs from Disney. The tags were inside the coupon book. They are super thin and only when I was looking at the coupons a second time did I notice the tags. I suggest double checking the coupon booklet.

Nothing wrong with a TA. We look for great deals and spend hours helping clients. TAs dont need tags. I just got my docs from Disney. The tags were inside the coupon book. They are super thin and only when I was looking at the coupons a second time did I notice the tags. I suggest double checking the coupon booklet.
Sorry, never did I say anything is wrong with using a TA. Just that sometimes the TAs receive the luggage tags and sometimes those TAs don't get them off to their clients. It's something that happens over and over again. But it doesn't mean a thing is wrong with the TA.

[GALLERY=]image.jpeg [/GALLERY]
Our GV CL view. This is the full view. There is literally nothing to be seen but this. I wish I were exaggerating.

We're normally Boardwalk Villas people, but for our long weekend trip in March, we decided to book a studio in the Poly Villas. This will be the second monorail resort we'll have stayed at, leaving GF as they only one we haven't. I have done catching up to do, so I'll hold off my questions until I read the first page :)

Hummm we did not get any docs just our magic bands. Per TA Disney sent them to us in March when we booked any a very small part of my brain seems to think its remembers getting them and putting them somewhere safe....however the rest of my brain is convinced they never came in the mail.

Hummm we did not get any docs just our magic bands. Per TA Disney sent them to us in March when we booked any a very small part of my brain seems to think its remembers getting them and putting them somewhere safe....however the rest of my brain is convinced they never came in the mail.

Only the magic bands would be sent directly from Disney. Your Docs/coupons/tags would be sent to the TA. Its usually about a week or 2 before the MBs, Always after final payment date (regardless if you pay in full early).

Only the magic bands would be sent directly from Disney. Your Docs/coupons/tags would be sent to the TA. Its usually about a week or 2 before the MBs, Always after final payment date (regardless if you pay in full early).

Our Magical Express stuff was sent directly from Disney and we booked with a TA. I even had the TA add the airline info for ME and we got the stuff about a week later. Unfortunately then I misplaced them and had to get them ordered again...

Checking in on Saturday into a Studio Villa. If you are paying "cash" for the room (we aren't using DVC points), will they do turn-down service like the regular rooms if requested? Thanks!

Yum! Can't wait for Kona. And I'm excited to see sushi at lunch, I was hoping that would be a lunchtime option (although the rest of the menu looks great too)
I think it was an appetizer but was plenty for dd. I think it was six pieces. That day I had the chicken wing appetizer for my lunch. The other day she had her fav the pulled pork taco and I had the teriyaki steak lunch plate. I always substitute broccolini for the pasta salad :)

Of course I got a dole whip for dessert down at the lanai. :)

*pin says "I'm celebrating dole whips!"image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter