Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told there is a capacity they monitor, but I did not personally witness a time when it was hit last week. The couple of times where I had the “it must be getting close” feeling, pool chair capacity/availability was still good, just with most folks in the pool it makes it feel/look pretty busy.

I wonder what will happen when the rest of the resort opens...

I wonder what will happen when the rest of the resort opens...

It will be interesting. The park hours, no hopping, and lack of major evening dining destinations definitely changes the resort pool crowd patterns.

If some other resort things can open such as the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill, Ohana in some format, etc, then that should help. I hope.

We arrived yesterday! Room was spotless! I really love the decor on the villa side much more than the decor on the hotel side. It’s very vibrant! And the rain shower in one of the bathrooms is fantastic. But, what is up with the floor plan of the main bathroom?There’s a lot of wasted space that could have been used to put in some cubbies or chests of drawers. We don’t have any drawers in the room, except for the one really small one in the night tables.

Regarding the pool, DH and kids tried to go last night at 10pm, and turned around and returned. Too many people for them to feel comfortable. It’s a very popular activity after the parks close.

we’ve seen mask compliance in the 90’s%. The majority of guests are doing great with them. But, every once in a while you run into someone not following proper mask use. Dh was picking up our mobile order breakfast today at Capt Cooks and there was a guy without a mask, covering his face with a napkin and demanding his tea. LOL, this is why Disney had to put rules about face coverings with two plies and loops, cause people will grab a napkin and assume that’s ok.

Pool Report #2. DH went to the Oasis pool this afternoon, while the kids and I had some quiet time in the room (hey, they may be teens and I maybe an adult, but we still need quiet time) and he said it wasn’t busy, although when he left it was getting busier. It makes sense that when the guests are at the parks, the pools are a little less busy.

Pool Report #2. DH went to the Oasis pool this afternoon, while the kids and I had some quiet time in the room (hey, they may be teens and I maybe an adult, but we still need quiet time) and he said it wasn’t busy, although when he left it was getting busier. It makes sense that when the guests are at the parks, the pools are a little less busy.

I’ll be curious to hear your experience this week. Hope y’all have fun!

I probably posted this along the way, but I felt the Lava Pool started to ramp up in the evening on several days, especially when there were no afternoon storms to clear the deck, so to speak. It seemed to tick up by the day as more people arrived. I never felt particularly unsafe, but for those who are more concerned about strict distancing 100% of the time, not walking by close to someone on a tight pool deck (Many wear masks walking around, some don’t), etc, then it may give some people reason for concern. I can see a range of reactions/opinions being possible.

I hope you enjoy your week at Poly!

We arrived yesterday! Room was spotless! I really love the decor on the villa side much more than the decor on the hotel side. It’s very vibrant! And the rain shower in one of the bathrooms is fantastic. But, what is up with the floor plan of the main bathroom?There’s a lot of wasted space that could have been used to put in some cubbies or chests of drawers. We don’t have any drawers in the room, except for the one really small one in the night tables.

There is a drawer underneath the bed built into the bedframe, I believe on either side. Its quite big too! Hope that helps. There isn't much else drawer space otherwise.

Regarding the pool, DH and kids tried to go last night at 10pm, and turned around and returned. Too many people for them to feel comfortable. It’s a very popular activity after the parks close.

we’ve seen mask compliance in the 90’s%. The majority of guests are doing great with them. But, every once in a while you run into someone not following proper mask use. Dh was picking up our mobile order breakfast today at Capt Cooks and there was a guy without a mask, covering his face with a napkin and demanding his tea. LOL, this is why Disney had to put rules about face coverings with two plies and loops, cause people will grab a napkin and assume that’s ok.

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

Got here at 11 am and hung out at the quiet pool for 4 hours until our room was ready. It was very quiet. Room is still not ready at 5 pm. Very frustrating

Same here. We checked in for two nights at a Poly Bungalow On Saturday following a 4 night stay at the Riviera resort.

Riviera room was ready at 9:45 am which was a nice treat since we arrived at 10. Was able to drop off our stuff on the room and go about our day.

At the Poly, the room was not ready until just after 5 pm. Seems weird because most of the Bungalows seemed to be empty so it’s not like they had to wait for another party to leave to get our Bungalow ready. I called once at 3 to check status and again at 3:55. On the second call, the CM was a bit rude. Sort of messed up our plans for the day because I figured we would be in our room by at least 3 pm and have a little pool time before our dinner reservations. Instead, we had to go to dinner in the same sweaty clothes that we wore all day at MK.

We felt there was much more do to at the Riviera. Main pool and Bar Riva was open later.

At the Poly, the only bar open is the pool bar and it closes at 8. Main pool closes at 9. Really not the best time to stay at the Poly if you plan to spend much time at the resort.

Last edited:
Mr. Coffee 12 cup basic coffee maker. Takes basket-style filters if you plan to bring your own.

That’s what we had in our Bungalow as well. I didn’t respond to the OP because I really thought that maybe the used that as a replacement. Seemed old. The coffee maker at Riviera was a more modern Cuisenart with a built in filter basket.

That’s what we had in our Bungalow as well. I didn’t respond to the OP because I really thought that maybe the used that as a replacement. Seemed old. The coffee maker at Riviera was a more modern Cuisenart with a built in filter basket.
It’s funny you say that because we just had a poly/riviera split stay too. I am always looking for what kind of coffee pot it is too so I brought both cone and basket filters :rotfl: That coffeemaker at the riviera is the only one I’ve seen like that. Maybe Disney is testing them out there first?

I agree Poly might not be the best place at the moment for someone looking for the 'real' or 'full' Poly experience. As a Poly lover with several stays I thought it was "cool" staying there at partial occupancy - which it was - but you miss a lot with things like Oasis, Tambu, Trader Sam's, etc being closed.

Good thing is the full reopening (and presumably more resort amenities) will be here soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter