Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked last June for next months (Aug 2019) trip to Disney, staying at the Poly. I originally booked Standard view, though when free dining was announced, I changed to pool/marina view. I always request Rarotonga, but with the view change, am I less likely to get it? Would seeing the Oasis pool, through the trees, from one the Rarotonga rooms be considered "pool view"?

No, not according to front desk staff in May. If you happen to get a room where you could see the pool, consider yourself lucky 🍀😎. If you booked pool/marina view and If
you like that area, I recommend requesting Samoa, Oasis pool side.

Can anyone give an update on the TTC construction? How is noise? What time does it start/end? Does anyone know how long the construction is supposed to last?

Would love an update on this as well as we are staying our first time at the Poly at the end of this month. Had no idea of the possibility of construction.

I know this has been mentioned and tried to find it- can anyone tell me the hours and prices for half day patio rental at oasis? TIA!

No, not according to front desk staff in May. If you happen to get a room where you could see the pool, consider yourself lucky 🍀😎. If you booked pool/marina view and If
you like that area, I recommend requesting Samoa, Oasis pool side.

Thanks. I still have the Rarotonga request on my reservation. Aside from that, I dont really care which building. I couldnt care less about the view, I just got the pool/marina as it saved $$$$ off my original standard view reservation when adding free dining. The only time Im in the room is to shower and sleep. I love Rarontonga for being so close to the parking lot. We come and go about 6 times per day and with all the walking we do at the parks, any little bit of non walking helps!

I know that it's a year away, but we are doing 2 resort days before our cruise next June and I've asked our TA to move us from FQ to the Poly as that is my DD dream resort. We've eaten at Ohana several times so familiar with the resort, but this will be our first stay here and we are super excited.

So I have been home from WDW a little less than a week now. I see a lot of people asking about noise so I figured I would share my experience. I stayed in a standard view deluxe studio for two nights. I requested Tokelau, but got Pago Pago.

I was in room 2113 which is one of the closest rooms to the GCH and not TTC. I was on the complete opposite side of the elevator and main entrance. I did not hear any TTC construction noise. The latest I woke up was around 8:30am and the latest I went to bed was 2:30am after VAH. If something happened outside of that, I did not hear it at all. As for the ferry boat, I did faintly hear one horn while I was getting ready in the morning. It was not loud or anything. If my TV was on, it would have completely covered the noise. The music from the EWP in my Conch Key LV room at GF was louder.

The thing that bothered me the most about Pago Pago was walking to the longhouse. I couldn't decide which of the three routes I attempted to the lobby was the shortest. I like Rarotonga when I stay on the cash side and running to the GCH in 2 seconds. Can't be beat it!

How were the crowds at Poly for the 3rd and 4th? We will be going next year at this time. I saw some FB posts of pictures of areas being fenced off - an area of chairs for club level guests, but what about those other resort guest - did they have a significant amount of beach space fenced off? or was it wall to wall people?

I know we are a year away but the super planner in me wants to have an idea of what to expect as a resort guest.

How were the crowds at Poly for the 3rd and 4th? We will be going next year at this time. I saw some FB posts of pictures of areas being fenced off - an area of chairs for club level guests, but what about those other resort guest - did they have a significant amount of beach space fenced off? or was it wall to wall people?

I know we are a year away but the super planner in me wants to have an idea of what to expect as a resort guest.
I guess it can vary from year to year but here is our experience:

3rd: The beach was pretty crowded but we could sit on the sand quite comfortably. We were club level but everyone was mixed in together.

4th: There was a club level section with chairs directly in front of the club level building. There were two other sections to the left and right. If I heard the instructions from the CMs correctly, one side was for resort guests and the other for anyone else. The resort guest side was from the fire pit all the way down. Those sections looked crowded but not bad at all.

I hope that helps! If not let me know.

Where do you go to check in if you have a DVC reservation? We rented DVC points and I know there is a separate parking area, but I am not sure which building to enter.

Where do you go to check in if you have a DVC reservation? We rented DVC points and I know there is a separate parking area, but I am not sure which building to enter.
Poly does not have a dedicated DVC lobby or check-in. If you did not already get your room assignment via text prior to arriving, just head to the Great Ceremonial House and check-in at the main/only desk area.

Can someone tell me what is included in the patio rental at the Oasis pool. The last time we were there you could rent a gazebo by the volcano pool. There were no rentals at the Oasis pool. And do these rentals fill up? I'm hesitant about renting too far out w/out any idea of what the weather will be. I would hate to rent one and have it be a rainy day. Thanks

Can someone tell me what is included in the patio rental at the Oasis pool. The last time we were there you could rent a gazebo by the volcano pool. There were no rentals at the Oasis pool. And do these rentals fill up? I'm hesitant about renting too far out w/out any idea of what the weather will be. I would hate to rent one and have it be a rainy day. Thanks
All you get is a covered area with a couch, a couple of chairs, a lounger, and a table, plus a ceiling fan. No frills, just a guaranteed space with shade for the most part. The oasis pool has a server you can order drinks and food from, they aren’t specific to the patios. I think they are usually booked, but in the less hot months you might have somewhat better luck getting one last minute. We did snag a half day rental on the morning of once a couple of years ago, haven’t tried since. You can cancel up to the day before, I personally I would book and watch the weather, and cancel if it looks bad or if your plans change.

This morning I called and booked a cabana for mid Aug. 1/2 day on a Monday, 10am - 2pm, $53.

Cancellation policy that was told to me...

If its steady rain at 10 with prediction of raining for the day, I will be refunded
Mixture of clouds/sun/rain - no refund
I can cancel, for whatever reason, 24 hours prior for full refund

I was told to check in at 9:45. I explained I have a breakfast ressie at 8:50 at the GF and wasnt sure Id be there at 9:45 and would that be a deal breaker? She was checking with someone online, but we were waiting for a bit and I said I would just ask at the hotel when I arrived.

This morning I called and booked a cabana for mid Aug. 1/2 day on a Monday, 10am - 2pm, $53.

Cancellation policy that was told to me...

If its steady rain at 10 with prediction of raining for the day, I will be refunded
Mixture of clouds/sun/rain - no refund
I can cancel, for whatever reason, 24 hours prior for full refund

I was told to check in at 9:45. I explained I have a breakfast ressie at 8:50 at the GF and wasnt sure Id be there at 9:45 and would that be a deal breaker? She was checking with someone online, but we were waiting for a bit and I said I would just ask at the hotel when I arrived.
Your name is on a card that sits on the table in the patio. All you do is find your name when you get to the pool and take your patio. No need to check in anywhere, and it makes no difference when you show up. We went to ours at maybe 11:00 in June, and simply walked up to it and put our stuff down when we saw which one was ours. I don’t think the phone CMs who handle the reservations often actually know how things work in practice, they just read what they are told.

I know that it's a year away, but we are doing 2 resort days before our cruise next June and I've asked our TA to move us from FQ to the Poly as that is my DD dream resort. We've eaten at Ohana several times so familiar with the resort, but this will be our first stay here and we are super excited.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have fun with the rest of your planning :wizard:.

Thanks for the reminder! We were at the far end of Pago Pago this past week, about a four minute walk to the TTC, and one night the construction noise was so bad that we had to call to see when it would end. The call center said they had been receiving many complaints and would see what they could do. It stopped somewhere between 1:00-2:00 am. Not fun. The path is still open but has some walls up due to construction.
oh no! I was the one who had asked. They need to work 8am until 10pm. No need to work while people are sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter