Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had asked about the noise from construction at TTC which started me thinking. I was wondering- is the walkway from the Poly to TTC was still open? Thanks.
Thanks for the reminder! We were at the far end of Pago Pago this past week, about a four minute walk to the TTC, and one night the construction noise was so bad that we had to call to see when it would end. The call center said they had been receiving many complaints and would see what they could do. It stopped somewhere between 1:00-2:00 am. Not fun. The path is still open but has some walls up due to construction.

That line was crazy! And it never died down. My BIL & SIL waited in it for all of us which was nice. But when they were done they brought back everything except the stitch cone! :rotfl2:

O M G!!!!!! How funny! It was 6/26 so they were doing it in honor of the day. So clever, and what a great marketing ploy! 😏

Thanks for the reminder! We were at the far end of Pago Pago this past week, about a four minute walk to the TTC, and one night the construction noise was so bad that we had to call to see when it would end. The call center said they had been receiving many complaints and would see what they could do. It stopped somewhere between 1:00-2:00 am. Not fun. The path is still open but has some walls up due to construction.

That's insane. Any idea when they are slated to finish that?

Aloha!

Has there been any new information on the Poly room refurb? There were reports of a "sample" room in Rarotonga when we were there in May. We have not heard anything since.

Thanks!
🌺😎

Last edited:
Hello! Planning a stay for the end of January. 2 questions. Do I need to specify in the room request that we need a room with a daybed or do all rooms have one, and how comfortable is it for a kid? I want to be sure we have a balcony, but don't really care about view, just need the space to get away from kids.. do all the rooms have balconies? Thank you!

Hello! Planning a stay for the end of January. 2 questions. Do I need to specify in the room request that we need a room with a daybed or do all rooms have one, and how comfortable is it for a kid? I want to be sure we have a balcony, but don't really care about view, just need the space to get away from kids.. do all the rooms have balconies? Thank you!
I am assuming you have a resort room, and not DVC. If so, AFAIK all rooms have daybeds, so you shouldn't have to worry about that or make a request for it. However, on the resort side the first floor rooms have patios and the third floor rooms have balconies, second floor rooms only have a sliding door that opens directly to a rail and thus no outdoor space at all. So if you want a balcony I would make a request for that, and if you would be ok with either a balcony or patio (and just want outdoor space) you could say something like first priority is to have a balcony, and second priority if that is not possible would be a patio.

I haven't slept on the daybed, so I can't comment on comfort, I just know the rooms have them :-)

I am assuming you have a resort room, and not DVC. If so, AFAIK all rooms have daybeds, so you shouldn't have to worry about that or make a request for it. However, on the resort side the first floor rooms have patios and the third floor rooms have balconies, second floor rooms only have a sliding door that opens directly to a rail and thus no outdoor space at all. So if you want a balcony I would make a request for that, and if you would be ok with either a balcony or patio (and just want outdoor space) you could say something like first priority is to have a balcony, and second priority if that is not possible would be a patio.

I haven't slept on the daybed, so I can't comment on comfort, I just know the rooms have them :-)
Thank you. Yes, its just a regular room. I attempted to rent dvc points, but it didn't work out.

Just booked an Oasis Patio for a half day (morning) on 9/7 which is day 3 of our stay at the Poly. The Star Wars opening and the new Extra magic hours really threw a kink in our plans. So we shall rest on the third morning and head out to a park to be determined after.

Never would have know about them without this Poly post.

Just booked an Oasis Patio for a half day (morning) on 9/7 which is day 3 of our stay at the Poly. The Star Wars opening and the new Extra magic hours really threw a kink in our plans. So we shall rest on the third morning and head out to a park to be determined after.

Never would have know about them without this Poly post.
We found the patio rental to be SO clutch. Having shade and comfortable seating made everything so much easier. You’ll love it!

We found the patio rental to be SO clutch. Having shade and comfortable seating made everything so much easier. You’ll love it!
I accidentally clicked on the WOW imogi instead of like on your post! lol I must be getting old. I also love your term "clutch." Had to look up urban dictionary to confirm my assumption that it means something great. haha When did I get so old?! :P

We also just booked an Oasis Patio for our trip at the end of the month. I think I'm more stoked about it than the parks! Since we typically do very short trips we don't plan enough rest time into them. This time is going to be different
We use to go to WDW for 7-9 days when the kids were younger. The last few times we have only been going to about 4-5 days and only doing 1-2 theme park days due to scheduling conflicts now that the kids are adults. This time it is just DH and me for our 35th anniversary and we have a patio booked 3 out of the 4 days we have at Poly. I'm a "get-up-and-go" Disney girl, so this might be challenging for me to relax for hours. :mickeyjum

We use to go to WDW for 7-9 days when the kids were younger. The last few times we have only been going to about 4-5 days and only doing 1-2 theme park days due to scheduling conflicts now that the kids are adults. This time it is just DH and me for our 35th anniversary and we have a patio booked 3 out of the 4 days we have at Poly. I'm a "get-up-and-go" Disney girl, so this might be challenging for me to relax for hours. :mickeyjum
Aww. DH and I just took a trip for our 21st anniversary at the end of May and it was great! Congrats on 35 years! I hope you have a wonderful trip and find a way to embrace the art of relaxation! We don’t come by it naturally either, lol.

I booked last June for next months (Aug 2019) trip to Disney, staying at the Poly. I originally booked Standard view, though when free dining was announced, I changed to pool/marina view. I always request Rarotonga, but with the view change, am I less likely to get it? Would seeing the Oasis pool, through the trees, from one the Rarotonga rooms be considered "pool view"?

I booked last June for next months (Aug 2019) trip to Disney, staying at the Poly. I originally booked Standard view, though when free dining was announced, I changed to pool/marina view. I always request Rarotonga, but with the view change, am I less likely to get it? Would seeing the Oasis pool, through the trees, from one the Rarotonga rooms be considered "pool view"?

There’s been some recent discussion on the thread about Rarotonga’s view categories. I personally don’t buy that there are many (any?) pool view rooms in that building. Could be wrong I guess, but I’d like to see a lot more reports of people with that view category being assigned rooms there to really know for sure.

There’s been some recent discussion on the thread about Rarotonga’s view categories. I personally don’t buy that there are many (any?) pool view rooms in that building. Could be wrong I guess, but I’d like to see a lot more reports of people with that view category being assigned rooms there to really know for sure.

I was there in 2015, stayed in Rarotonga when the pool was under construction. I could definitely see the construction, so I assume now people can see the pool!

In 2010, same building, a few rooms down, through some trees, I got a glimpse of the quiet pool. I could certainly hear the lifeguards training at 7am (though not a problem, we were up and I thought it was cool as I was once a lifeguard myself)

I just went to my online check in and was not able to request a room. It just showed "select" without any options. I did request over the phone back in January when I rebooked into free dining. Hopefully the request is still there.

I just went to my online check in and was not able to request a room. It just showed "select" without any options. I did request over the phone back in January when I rebooked into free dining. Hopefully the request is still there.

The room request feature through the online check in has been busted for a long time now. As long as you call or fax it in you’ll be covered.

Can anyone give an update on the TTC construction? How is noise? What time does it start/end? Does anyone know how long the construction is supposed to last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter