Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know about how deep the Oasis pool is at its deepest spot?
We were just there last week. I'd say a little over 4 ft' (maybe up to 4' 6") in the very middle. I had to walk on tiptoes to keep my head above water. (I'm 5'4") Pools were open from 7AM-11PM, no lifeguard at Oasis pool. The pool has a zero entry side, as well as stairs in a couple areas. Most of the pool was around 3' to 3' 6" deep.

We were just there last week. I'd say a little over 4 ft' (maybe up to 4' 6") in the very middle. I had to walk on tiptoes to keep my head above water. (I'm 5'4") Pools were open from 7AM-11PM, no lifeguard at Oasis pool. The pool has a zero entry side, as well as stairs in a couple areas. Most of the pool was around 3' to 3' 6" deep.

Thanks for the detail.

Rats

You will have a great time... lots of new stuff for you :)

I know.....hopefully one of these days our trips will overlap ;).

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to trying BWI and seeing all the new stuff. Enjoy the rest of your planning, hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

In room dining.

I use Allears for many menus. I have used this link in my phone for many years.

http://allears.net/dining/menu

If you scroll down past the parks then you get to the resort menus. This is what is shown for poly:
POLYNESIAN

'Ohana - Breakfast (September 2017)
'Ohana - Dinner (July 2017)
Barefoot Pool Bar - All Day (July 2017)
Capt. Cook's - Breakfast (August 2017)
Capt. Cook's - Lunch/Dinner (November 2017)
Kona Cafe - Breakfast (August 2017)
Kona Cafe - Lunch/Dinner (November 2017)
Kona Cafe - Children's Breakfast (August 2017)
Kona Cafe - Children's Lunch/Dinner (August 2017)
Kona Island - Breakfast (November 2017)
Kona Island - Dinner (November 2017)
Luau Cove - Spirit of Aloha (September 2017)
Oasis Bar and Grill - All Day (November 2017)
Pineapple Lanai - Snacks (June 2017)
Polynesian Resort In-Room Dining - All Day (October 2015)
Tambu Lounge - Snacks (November 2017)
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto - All Day (September 2017)

POP C
Thank you! They are such a great resource!

Thank you so much for posting photos!!! Maybe it’s just me, but I LOVE to see photos of all the little details and room amenities. Those are the things that hotels never really post themselves, but they can be so important to guests staying there.
You are welcome.

What's nice is I can grab an adult beverage from the lounge and then take it in the oasis pool.

No lifeguards= adult fun

I ask for wine from a cm and add a splash of the pog juice. It's so nice in the afternoon.

Hey girl! Does that mean you cannot drink over by the other pool? Thanks!

You can, but you can't dip your piggy toes in the water and have it near the edge.

No what i mean is you can drink while standing sitting or kneeling in the oasis pool. Same for Courtyard pool at GF.

Now don't any rowdy people get crazy and ruin this LOL!

The Oasis Pool hotub is also a nice place where you can be in it and enjoy a beverage of your choice. ;-)

Thanks guys! I appreciate the responses! I can deal with that!! :drinking1

No what i mean is you can drink while standing sitting or kneeling in the oasis pool. Same for Courtyard pool at GF.

Now don't any rowdy people get crazy and ruin this LOL!
You mean I have to behave??? What fun is that. :rotfl2: I may or may not have a few pics of Blueskies and security...may even be in more than one resort...:rolleyes1

Last edited:
I need a little help. I just returned from an amazing stay at the Poly, renting points from friends. I had a trip booked for July at POFQ but loved Poly so much I switched the reservation to Poly. We were in Pago Pago on the second floor, facing the parking lot. We actually loved the location. My kids loved watching the monorail go by and we loved the short walk to TTC. Anyways, for the July trip I have a standard room booked. My only "must" is a balcony. A patio would be fine too but I prefer the balcony so I don't have to worry about my kids running off (we do breakfast in the room so I prefer to have them eat outside - they're messy!). I'm not sure which longhouse to request. I'd prefer to request one that is not overly popular so I'd have a better shot at my request being granted. TP room types seem to be off. Can anyone help me out with what would be a good request? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter