Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone point me in the direction of recent pictures. I have not been on this site in over a decade. I am concerned about some of the older Resorts, cleanliness, updates etc. Thank you!

Question on cabanas.. Are they anything like when they use to be at the main pool? Do they come with fridge and tv and fruit? How much are they for half a day

Question on cabanas.. Are they anything like when they use to be at the main pool? Do they come with fridge and tv and fruit? How much are they for half a day

Think “cabana light” - nothing like the old cabanas or what you see at other resorts. No fridge, no TV. I can’t remember the cost off the top of my head, but it’s lower than other resorts given the “light” features. I’ll look it up later if no one responds.

Hope that helps!

IMG_9632.JPG

IMG_9633.JPG

IMG_9634.JPG

Oasis Cabanas.JPG

Slowly working my way through the last few months of this thread. We have a weeks dvc studio stay next month and although I've visited the Poly at least 50 times I don't remember ever seeing a bus stop! Where will we get busses from our dvc studio to AK and HS?

Slowly working my way through the last few months of this thread. We have a weeks dvc studio stay next month and although I've visited the Poly at least 50 times I don't remember ever seeing a bus stop! Where will we get busses from our dvc studio to AK and HS?

The bus stop is located on the parking lot side of the laundry room and child care facility. If you left the south end of Tokelau and walked straight ahead toward the parking lot, you will run into the bus stop.

It’s oretty much the closest building to the busses. Super close.

How much are they for half a day

I just reserved a few days for this May and I thought I had written the cost down but can't locate it. Below is info from a year ago. I believe a full day with taxes in May is over $50...maybe $54? Call the recreation number to be sure. I'm really glad they are "cabana lights" as @GADisneyDad14 said. We have splurged on a "deluxe" cabana for a day at other destinations but honestly for this trip we just need guaranteed seats and some shade for the baby. So we really are getting more bang for the buck and can reserve almost 4 days of the poolside patio for the cost of one "deluxe" cabana at the Grand Floridian. We'll bring our own amenities:)

Rates start at $26.36 (including tax) for a half day, with time blocks running from 10am to 2pm and 3pm to 7pm. A full day rental from 10am to 7pm is available for $42.60. Seasonal price adjustments apply.

Hey DisFans!

About to take my first stay at Polynesian Village and have some questions about Capt. Cook's breakfast. We're hoping to buy breakfast sandwiches and run straight to the monorail, but we're not aware of the portion size. We can try our best to build in sit down time to eat, but we're getting up pretty early already. Would love any and all advice to make this a smooth vacation for us and those around us.

Hey DisFans!
We're hoping to buy breakfast sandwiches and run straight to the monorail, but we're not aware of the portion size.

If I remember, the breakfast sandwiches are on a croissant and are pretty overstuffed. They are good, but a little messy because the croissant didn't hold up very well to the fillings, so I'm not too sure how well they will be on the go. We found on busy days, grabbing a quick muffin and a coffee at Kona Island worked for us, I think they open around 630a. Or you could always grab some cereal and milk, yogurt parfaits, fruit or pastries the night before from Captian cooks to throw in your room fridge to have in room before you head out in the morning.

Hey DisFans!

About to take my first stay at Polynesian Village and have some questions about Capt. Cook's breakfast. We're hoping to buy breakfast sandwiches and run straight to the monorail, but we're not aware of the portion size. We can try our best to build in sit down time to eat, but we're getting up pretty early already. Would love any and all advice to make this a smooth vacation for us and those around us.
I would say the actual breakfast sandwich is not something that could be eaten on the go, but they do have bagels, muffins, pastries, etc that can be eaten on the run.

Hey DisFans!

I agree with dixielanfan and DisneyHardin that a bagel, muffin, etc would be the best for an on the run breakfast. Dixielanfan also had a good suggestion for putting things in your room fridge for the next morning to eat while you're getting ready. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

I agree with dixielanfan and DisneyHardin that a bagel, muffin, etc would be the best for an on the run breakfast. Dixielanfan also had a good suggestion for putting things in your room fridge for the next morning to eat while you're getting ready. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

@dixielanfan73 @DisneyHardin @mickeynut1 Thank you all for that advice! So grateful and DEFINITELY following through on all of it! So stoked to enjoy our stay at the Polynesian and to hit all our rope drops!

How long is the walk from GCH to TTC? We are hoping to stay in Aotearoa. I don’t mind the walk, just wondering how much time to allot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter