Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re wonderful! I just stumbled upon Tikiman’s pages, so helpful!!!! I’m very excited for our first stay!
I love poly!

It's a fun resort. I know you all had fun at gf in rpc. This won't be as Grand but i think your kids will like have 2 bath areas!

Also the tiki lights and casual vibe may be different from gf but a great place to be a family on vaca !

Just checked in last night. I've stayed @ Poly several times over the last 15 years. The resort public areas are just as nice as ever. There are some worn looking furniture pieces & dust here & there but generally quite clean. The public bathrooms have been very clean so far. The room is another issue altogether. We spent 2 hours cleaning our dirty room last night. 80+ Clorox wipes to get the food & not sure what else off furniture, floor, walls etc. 1/2 bottle of bleach spray to clean the filthy bathroom. Problem is "clean" is subjective...but at least the sheets are clean! On the upside our room is super clean now & except for the overly stained carpet--it seems great!
You pack Clorox and bottles of bleach when you travel?

I love poly!

It's a fun resort. I know you all had fun at gf in rpc. This won't be as Grand but i think your kids will like have 2 bath areas!

Also the tiki lights and casual vibe may be different from gf but a great place to be a family on vaca !

We definitely loved GF and might actually go back in November! (split stay with CCV) I actually tried booking it for this trip, but I waited too long!! I’m sure it will be just as beautiful and fun!! Trying to work on ADR’s now!

Hi all!! I’m very excited to say that I just booked my first ever stay at the Polynesian! I’ve always wanted to stay there. We will be going in late October 2018.

The Poly is an amazing resort, you're going to love it! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

I love poly!

It's a fun resort.

:thumbsup2

We definitely loved GF and might actually go back in November! (split stay with CCV) I actually tried booking it for this trip, but I waited too long!! I’m sure it will be just as beautiful and fun!! Trying to work on ADR’s now!

Like trisha posted, the Poly is very different from the GF, but it is a beautiful and fun resort :goodvibes.

We have a week booked in a dvc studio in mid January. If we use the pools, do we have to wear wristbands like at the BC/YC? I always wear my mb but DH refuses to wear his. Will one mb allow us both to get in? If not I'll just have to remember to grab his as well. Also, I am wondering what options are available for breakfast that are a snack credit. I think this varies greatly from resort to resort, the values and moderates usually have many more options. Does anyone remember oatmeal as an option? Lol, I can't find this info anywhere!

We have a week booked in a dvc studio in mid January. If we use the pools, do we have to wear wristbands like at the BC/YC? I always wear my mb but DH refuses to wear his. Will one mb allow us both to get in? If not I'll just have to remember to grab his as well. Also, I am wondering what options are available for breakfast that are a snack credit. I think this varies greatly from resort to resort, the values and moderates usually have many more options. Does anyone remember oatmeal as an option? Lol, I can't find this info anywhere!

No wristbands like BC/YC, but you do need a MB to open the gates at the Lava Pool. Only one band is needed assuming y’all are together. But if DH were to leave the pool area and come back, he’d need to take a band to get back in, or have someone come let him in. The gates are not monitored by CMs like BC/YC, just an electronic scanner.

The Oasis Pool used to also be secured by MB scanners but when I was there in October they had turned the MB scanners off and had added those manual pull-up handle things to each gate. I’m assuming this is a permanent change, although not 100% sure about that.

Sorry I can’t help with the snack credit question.

Have fun!

No wristbands like BC/YC, but you do need a MB to open the gates at the Lava Pool. Only one band is needed assuming y’all are together. But if DH were to leave the pool area and come back, he’d need to take a band to get back in, or have someone come let him in. The gates are not monitored by CMs like BC/YC, just an electronic scanner.

The Oasis Pool used to also be secured by MB scanners but when I was there in October they had turned the MB scanners off and had added those manual pull-up handle things to each gate. I’m assuming this is a permanent change, although not 100% sure about that.

Sorry I can’t help with the snack credit question.

Have fun!
Thank you. If we are lucky enough to have pool weather we will probably be at the Oasis pool mostly.

Quick question about the Oasis cabanas. We are doing a POR/POLY split stay in April and reserved a full day cabana on our transfer day. The CM told me when I booked the cabana that checkin is at 945. Will there be an issue if we can't be there until 1030-11? We are planning on just taking a cab with our bags to the Poly and making it a pool day.

Last edited:
J
Will there be an issue is we can't be there until 1030-11?

We have booked a few cabana days during our stay on days we plan early park mornings and back at the resort for lunch. So we won’t be back until 12:00-12:30 to check in. The CM who booked us said no problem, that it’s ours whenever we arrive. We know how CMs have different stories, but we have confirmation numbers for the days and it’s prepaid so it doesn’t make sense to physically have to be there at what is park mid-morning for us.

we have confirmation numbers for the days and it’s prepaid so it doesn’t make sense to physically have to be there at what is park mid-morning for us.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing.. it's so confusing when they say check in is at 945 and can't clarify if you have to actually be down there by 945 or if the cabanas will be ready by 945 lol. We don't want to have to wake up early and rush over there on our down day if we don't have to, especially with two teenagers in tow;)

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing.. it's so confusing when they say check in is at 945 and can't clarify if you have to actually be down there by 945 or if the cabanas will be ready by 945 lol. We don't want to have to wake up early and rush over there on our down day if we don't have to, especially with two teenagers in tow;)

Agree with @Surgie2, showing up late is not a problem. I've shown up very late before.

If you are late, it's not unheard of for a not-so-nice person to 'claim' your cabana. They are marked with "Reserved for XXX Family" signs, but people occassionaly do bad things. If that happens, just make sure to talk to a CM. Since it's all pre-paid, they are not going to give away or re-sell your cabana that day if you don't show up.

One note, I've always found the cabana "check-in" experience to be a bit confusing. Cabanas are run by the parks/resorts recreation staff, the same group as the lifeguards, attendants at the marina, etc. It's not run by Poly CMs, pool servers, etc. It's often hard to find who is really 'in charge' of the cabanas. In the past, I've just gone straight to the cabana with my name on it. Eventually at some point that day someone will come by and check our names on a clipboard. As always, YMMV.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter