Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here now? Just curious if anyone saw any evidence of attempts at crowd control last night. We couldn't get a spot at/near the beach to watch the fireworks last night. based on the number of people streaming out of the resort afterwards, i suspect they weren't trying to control it. Or, at least, not being successful at it.

I'm not there now - I wish! But I'll be there next month. Yipppeee!

Anyway - I was wondering how crowded the Poly beaches were for the fireworks. One Disney vlogger I watch taped the fireworks from the beach by the luau and he wasn't staying at the resort.

What are the lines like at Trader Sam's lately? I still have not been there and when we go in December, I would like to go have a drink and some appetizers early so my son can go in. Do I still need to get there right when it opens to get a table? Has anyone been recently?

DH & I went to Trader Sam's at the end of May (it was a Thursday). We arrived a little before 4pm (when they open) and there were only a few people waiting to get in. We had our choice of seats. But it didn't take too long for it to get busy. We stayed about an hour and all the seats were taken by the time we left.

I just watched a video of the walk from Polynesian to the TTC on youtube (don't you love that these videos exist :) ) - it's a nice little walk! It's themed as the resort practically the entire way! Not at all how I pictured it.

112 days!

You will be checking into the Poly before you know it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

I'm not there now - I wish! But I'll be there next month. Yipppeee!

Have a great trip :goodvibes.

In reading older material about Poly, a designated smoking area is described as being on the bridge between Rarotonga and Niue.

However, on the Disney DSA webpage (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/designated-smoking-areas/) that DSA is not listed. Have they removed or relocated it ?

Thanks!

SW

I can't answer your question, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Hi. Checking into the Poly on 7/27. The last time we stayed here was in 2013 so it was before they put the fences up around the pool. When we go to the pool, does everyone need to wear their magic bands or can I just wear mine to get in? I was hoping to leave the kids' bands in the room.

Thank you for the picture. I can't wait. I don't think we will be swimming since we are going in Jan but it is nice to have a place to watch the fireworks
Yes, to really nice to sit in a chair and watch instead of crammed into the crowds on the beach. Then when the crowds stream out after, you are sitting behind the fence while the stampede leaves our resort:rolleyes1

Hi. Checking into the Poly on 7/27. The last time we stayed here was in 2013 so it was before they put the fences up around the pool. When we go to the pool, does everyone need to wear their magic bands or can I just wear mine to get in? I was hoping to leave the kids' bands in the room.

AFAIK, everyone needs to have their MB. If that is not the case, hopefully someone will correct me :flower3:.

You just need one person with a MB to scan and let everyone in. The band unlocks the gates but each person doesn't need to scan for entry. We just returned a few weeks ago. The oasis pool is really lovely :)

Thanks for clarifying. I've read past reports of CMs checking bands inside the pool area, but maybe that was at the beginning when the gate was first installed as it seemed to be hit or miss that it worked ;).

I arrive on 9/1 to MCO at Noon and should get to the Poly around 1:30pm. I had planned on bringing a backpack with essentials and my swimsuit and halloween costume. We will enter the park at 4pm to go to the MNSSHP. My question is....since my room may not be ready for till after 4pm, (yes I have checked in online already) will I need to bring my own towel for the pool??

or will the pool have any one hand to use??

Thanks.

I arrive on 9/1 to MCO at Noon and should get to the Poly around 1:30pm. I had planned on bringing a backpack with essentials and my swimsuit and halloween costume. We will enter the park at 4pm to go to the MNSSHP. My question is....since my room may not be ready for till after 4pm, (yes I have checked in online already) will I need to bring my own towel for the pool??

or will the pool have any one hand to use??

Thanks.

Yes towels as well as shower/changing facilities available at both pools.

This really depends on the CMs at the pool. At BC, they were "pushing" me to have my entire group with MB. I just talked to them KINDLY, and they let everyone in (only about 1/2 were wearing their MB).
When we were at BC last year they checked us all and put a wristband on for the pool

I am interested in one of the bungalows sometime down the road, and I tried to make a mock reservation to get an idea of price. The website came back that either there was no availability, or that my party was too small. Does anyone know what the minimum number of people for a bungalow reservation would be? I decided that after three tries I should find that out!

The website came back that either there was no availability, or that my party was too small. Does anyone know what the minimum number of people for a bungalow reservation would be?

I thought you had to call to reserve a bungalow but I could be wrong. Maybe try that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter