Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are headed to the Poly in October and enjoy swimming in the evenings. Does anyone know how late the pools are typically open in Oct?

I was recently watching someone vlog on Youtube that was staying in a standard room and the toiletries in the bathroom looked totally different than what was in the OP. Two looked like they were in blue boxed packaging.

Did they change them?

Just wondering so I can figure out what to bring and what not to bring.

EDIT:
Searched and it looks like the same exact stuff, but in just in different packaging.

img_4743.jpg

Last edited:

Does anyone know the status of Rarotonga & if it is open? I read where they were refreshing it and removing ceiling fans (boo). We stayed there in May and really liked our third floor room&close proximity to everything. Heading back at the end of this month and want to request it again.

I was recently watching someone vlog on Youtube that was staying in a standard room and the toiletries in the bathroom looked totally different than what was in the OP. Two looked like they were in blue boxed packaging.

Did they change them?

EDIT:
Searched and it looks like the same exact stuff, but in just in different packaging.

img_4743.jpg
We were there last week and we got the same items as pictured.

Did they change them?

EDIT:

img_4743.jpg
We had these same items at Boardwalk Villas over Memorial Day. Generous size and good fragrence.

Staying at the poly for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving this year (standard room) and was just wondering what rooms others were assigned in the past with similar lengths of stay. Some have said that generally longer stays get assigned "less desirable rooms and locations" but I'm not sure I believe that. I think it's probably more a function of check in date and arrival time but who knows. Thanks for any input.

Staying at the poly for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving this year (standard room) and was just wondering what rooms others were assigned in the past with similar lengths of stay. Some have said that generally longer stays get assigned "less desirable rooms and locations" but I'm not sure I believe that.

I don't believe that either.

I think it's probably more a function of check in date and arrival time but who knows. Thanks for any input.

Actually only check in date is a function as rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior, so when you arrive has little to no bearing.

Anyone else here now? Just curious if anyone saw any evidence of attempts at crowd control last night. We couldn't get a spot at/near the beach to watch the fireworks last night. based on the number of people streaming out of the resort afterwards, i suspect they weren't trying to control it. Or, at least, not being successful at it.

The Volcano pool. Oasis has no view although they used to have the music playing (when the speakers were working). :rolleyes1

So you can be swimming in the volcano pool and watching the MK fireworks at the same time?! November will be our first stay here and I'm thinking this might be a good first night activity IF it's not too cold to swim that late. How late is the pool open?

So you can be swimming in the volcano pool and watching the MK fireworks at the same time?! November will be our first stay here and I'm thinking this might be a good first night activity IF it's not too cold to swim that late. How late is the pool open?

The view is great as long as timing works out. It seems like every time we want to do this lately, the pool closes sooner than the fireworks. :sad1: . But I'm reading a lot of "success stories" about this lately, so maybe this is a seasonal issue?

Interesting input here on the EMM. We are scheduled for it in early September. My plan was to take my little one to meet Elena at 9am, then either meet the other 2 visiting princesses or do IASW.....I have a FP+ booked for 10:30 @ Tales w/ Belle. Any input of better suggestions would be appreciated.

I read some of you run to Tomorrowland or Frontierland....my kids are between 7-11.....could we really make it to BTMR and back in time for the breakfast? I could possibly have my wife take my son to the Speedway....oh the choices....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter