Disney's live-action version of Snow White

But it's still not at all indicative of what the final product will look like then. I doubt it will be as bad as people are making it out to be. Say what you will about the remakes/Disney/whatever, the productions usually look pretty slick.
True. I probably won't go see this anyway. I just thought the leaked photos were funny bad.

True. I probably won't go see this anyway. I just thought the leaked photos were funny bad.

Oh yeah, I'm not that interested either. Unless it does look more interesting than a flat-remake, I likely won't bother. I just think everybody is jumping the gun on trashing it too.

I think it's too early to judge it based on that picture. A lot of times a photo like that are very out-of-context and won't really look that way under actual production lighting, etc. It's not even confirmed that this is really from the production or if they are stand-ins, etc.

But it's still not at all indicative of what the final product will look like then. I doubt it will be as bad as people are making it out to be.
I admire your optimism.

Honestly, and I say it all the time, I would prefer they amke it quite different than the original and go in a new direction. Otehrwise, what's the point?
Totally agree! I love when a re-make is different. Same theme, same general story-line, maybe even some of the same classic shots (ala the Little Mermaid splash), but told differently. I love it.

I'm not worried about this one stand-in shot.

Totally agree! I love when a re-make is different. Same theme, same general story-line, maybe even some of the same classic shots (ala the Little Mermaid splash), but told differently. I love it.

I'm not worried about this one stand-in shot.

I like hte ones that are radically different, liek Maleficent or Cruella. Even Dumbo was a nice expansive take.

I'm confused: is this movie going to be called "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" or "Snow White and the Seven Magical People?" If the latter, I don't have a problem with that, and it sounds like an interesting twist. It would be a different fairy tale, but still a potentially good one depending on how Disney does it.

If they are going to still call Snow White's friends dwarfs, and not actually have dwarfs in the staring roles...I mean, why? I'm sure Disney could have found seven wonderful small statured actors and actresses for the roles if they tried. Unless they are going to use special effects to make them look small in the movie (like High Grant in the Willy Wonka remake.) Which....I guess they could do if they had to...

Disney is attempting to remake a masterpiece. I hope they do it justice. If not...they are going to upset a lot of people, most likely.

Sure they were stand-ins - that's what Disney is saying now after all the backlash.... Don't think my Disney stock is going up after this release!

A spokesperson for Disney did confirm that the photos are from the production and that these are stand ins (probably for the use of CGI).

2 are stand ins - the princess and the non-prince. The 7 magical people are the real actors in the real costumes...at least as they exist right now (we'll see if this leak improves that like the Sonic leak improved Sonic)...

I'm confused: is this movie going to be called "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" or "Snow White and the Seven Magical People?" If the latter, I don't have a problem with that, and it sounds like an interesting twist. It would be a different fairy tale, but still a potentially good one depending on how Disney does it.

If they are going to still call Snow White's friends dwarfs, and not actually have dwarfs in the staring roles...I mean, why? I'm sure Disney could have found seven wonderful small statured actors and actresses for the roles if they tried. Unless they are going to use special effects to make them look small in the movie (like High Grant in the Willy Wonka remake.) Which....I guess they could do if they had to...

Disney is attempting to remake a masterpiece. I hope they do it justice. If not...they are going to upset a lot of people, most likely.
Apparently the word “dwarf” is considered offensive these days (the preferred term is “person with dwarfism”), so I highly doubt the remake will be called “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.

Apparently the word “dwarf” is considered offensive these days (the preferred term is “person with dwarfism”), so I highly doubt the remake will be called “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.
So, "Snow White and the Seven People with Dwarfism?" Or, do you mean they just won't mention them at all? Or?

So, "Snow White and the Seven People with Dwarfism?" Or, do you mean they just won't mention them at all? Or?
Just out of curiosity, I checked if "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" was, in fact, a real fairytale, or just something that Disney made up. And there really is a Grimm's fairytale called Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!

I honestly never knew that, as my familiarity with the story started with Disney's animated classic. Disney seems to have invented the names and personalities of the Dwarfs. The original story oddly resembles Goldilocks and the Three Bears in some respects.

Well, in any case, it doesn't sound like Disney is going to remake either the classic Grimm's fairytale or Disney's animated version, per se. More like take some aspects of the story and invent something mostly new (which, I guess, is also what Walt Disney did to some extent with his version.)

As I don't look at it as being a remake, and just judge it on it's own merits, I don't really mind. After all, Once Upon a Time was a pretty "out there" take on Snow White, Prince Charming, and a bunch of other Disney fairytale characters. It was a lot of fun, but it obviously wasn't a "remake", either. As I recall, there were characters in that series meant to be versions of the Dwarfs, and they weren't Dwarfs, either...or am I mistaken?

When I first saw this pic, and a few others, in entertainment news, I thought it was a joke. This looks more like something out of a Monty Python skit, lol. Seriously though, this can't possibly be real........
Lol this has to be a joke! If not....yikkkeesssss

There are no humans with dwarfism in the story. They are literally dwarves. Literally. Like the mythological creatures. They aren’t called anything in this world because they don’t exist. It would be like calling elves slender person with ear deformity. Or trolls person with severe hyperthyroidism and extreme body malformation. No. They are elves. They are trolls. They are dwarves. There’s no need for political correctness - they’re imaginary creatures that don’t exist. That’s what’s so laughable about this. We can’t even call imaginary creatures what they are for fear of offending some group of people now 😆😆

There is absolutely no connection between mythological dwarves in this story and the little people in our world.

There are no humans with dwarfism in the story. They are literally dwarves. Literally. Like the mythological creatures. They aren’t called anything in this world because they don’t exist. It would be like calling elves slender person with ear deformity. Or trolls person with severe hyperthyroidism and extreme body malformation. No. They are elves. They are trolls. They are dwarves. There’s no need for political correctness - they’re imaginary creatures that don’t exist. That’s what’s so laughable about this. We can’t even call imaginary creatures what they are for fear of offending some group of people now 😆😆

There is absolutely no connection between mythological dwarves in this story and the little people in our world.
Well, let us not forget why Briar Rabbit and his imaginary animal friends were evicted from Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. Something doesn't have to literally be offensive to, uh, offend people. :rolleyes2

Well first of all this is a fairy tale and not a mythological story. Second of all, there is nothing in the text of the story to indicate that the dwarves were not actual people with dwarfism (unlike elves or trolls which do not exist, people with dwarfism do actually exist). I don’t know what the intent of the author was, but you certainly don’t know that the characters in the story were not actual people with dwarfism.

Well first of all this is a fairy tale and not a mythological story. Second of all, there is nothing in the text of the story to indicate that the dwarves were not actual people with dwarfism (unlike elves or trolls which do not exist, people with dwarfism do actually exist). I don’t know what the intent of the author was, but you certainly don’t know that the characters in the story were not actual people with dwarfism.
Well, the fact that they all worked in a Diamond Mine does argue in favor of them being mythological Dwarfs. And they all had really extreme personality traits that matched their names, which would be unlikely in real life.

I think Walt Disney never intended people to take anything in the story that literally. In the real world, there aren't any magical talking mirrors, nor can someone change their appearance at will. And there aren't any cursed apples that can make you fall into a coma after taking just one bite, where the only antidote is true love's kiss (that seems to come up a lot in Disney movies, come to think of it!)

It's a fantasy. A wonderfully illustrated one, with memorable, fantastical characters that are very sweet and adorable (aside from the witch.)

Again, I don't mind if they want to make another story reimagined from the original characters. But if, someday, we will no longer be able to enjoy the original animated classic because it offends modern sensibilities, that would be very sad, indeed.

I didn’t say it was a mythological story. A fairy tale is full of mythological creatures of which a dwarf is one variety so I agree with that. Also to note: dwarves are well-known fabled creatures in German folklore so the chance the Brothers Grimm are telling a story about 7 actual people who mine gold in the mountain (the original story had them mining and working with gold - another trait of mythological dwarves in German folklore I.E. Der Ring das Nibelungen) is highly unlikely.

Well, the fact that they all worked in a Diamond Mine does argue in favor of them being mythological Dwarfs. And they all had really extreme personality traits that matched their names, which would be unlikely in real life.

I think Walt Disney never intended people to take anything in the story that literally. In the real world, there aren't any magical talking mirrors, nor can someone change their appearance at will. And there aren't any cursed apples that can make you fall into a coma after taking just one bite, where the only antidote is true love's kiss (that seems to come up a lot in Disney movies, come to think of it!)

It's a fantasy. A wonderfully illustrated one, with memorable, fantastical characters that are very sweet and adorable (aside from the witch.)

Again, I don't mind if they want to make another story reimagined from the original characters. But if, someday, we will no longer be able to enjoy the original animated classic because it offends modern sensibilities, that would be very sad, indeed.
I was talking about the original story (in the actual fairy tale the dwarves didn’t have names or specific personalities). There are debates about if the dwarves were derived from old folklore or even that they could have represented children that worked in mines (!). They probably weren’t actually human with dwarfism but they were always intended to be very small human-like creatures. And that is how Disney depicted them, obviously in a very exaggerated version of the original story.

Back in 2012, the Little People of America complained because they digitally altered average height people to portray the 7 dwarves in Snow White and the Huntsman. There are some people, specifically Peter Dinklage, who have railed against using people with dwarfism to play dwarves or dwarf like people. Not all actors with dwarfism share his view. It seems like, from what I read, Disney was trying their best to avoid a controversy by then making a controversial choice. Will it work in the movie? Who knows.

I was talking about the original story (in the actual fairy tale the dwarves didn’t have names or specific personalities). There are debates about if the dwarves were derived from old folklore or even that they could have represented children that worked in mines (!). They probably weren’t actually human with dwarfism but they were always intended to be very small human-like creatures. And that is how Disney depicted them, obviously in a very exaggerated version of the original story.

Back in 2012, the Little People of America complained because they digitally altered average height people to portray the 7 dwarves in Snow White and the Huntsman. There are some people, specifically Peter Dinklage, who have railed against using people with dwarfism to play dwarves or dwarf like people. Not all actors with dwarfism share his view. It seems like, from what I read, Disney was trying their best to avoid a controversy by then making a controversial choice. Will it work in the movie? Who knows.
Snow White’s been redone so many times with various characters. There was even a “Snow White and the Three Stooges!” I don’t see this as being any different. Hopefully, the new guys will be just as funny
.1689765607870.jpeg

Last edited:
2 are stand ins - the princess and the non-prince. The 7 magical people are the real actors in the real costumes...at least as they exist right now (we'll see if this leak improves that like the Sonic leak improved Sonic)...

If Sonic managed to get fixed, there is a small bit of hope for this. I predict a long delay to fix things under the guise of the SAG strike, but there won't need to be a decision to go see this in theaters ... it'll be a direct to D+ release like Pinocchio and Peter/Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter