Disney's live-action version of Snow White

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I heard that Disney is gonna make a live-action version of Snow White and I would like to know if you have heard anything about it? I hope they will try to make it really pretty and that it has a pretty Snow White in it. As you know Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs is such a classic masterpiece and I hope they do Snow White wonderfully

I heard that Disney is gonna make a live-action version of Snow White and I would like to know if you have heard anything about it? I hope they will try to make it really pretty and that it has a pretty Snow White in it. As you know Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs is such a classic masterpiece and I hope they do Snow White wonderfully

Yes, production has been well under-way. It stars Rachel Zegler from West Side Story as Snow White, so, yeah, she's pretty. This is her in the dress, but ist not from filming, so of course she won't have the hair clips and phone. 🤣

1689425391802.png

She looks pretty good in the role I think. Gal Godot (Wonder Woman) will play the Evil Queen. The director is Marc Webb, who did the "Amazing Spider-Man" movies.

I don't get too excited about these remakes unless they offer something ew and unique.I do hope it's not 2 hours long! I'll keep an eye on it though.

I am SO excited about this. Snow White is one of my all time FAVORITE movies. And the casting is perfect. Gal Gadot as an evil queen? Count me in! Rachel Zegler maybe wouldn't have been my first choice, but I think she'll be great.

March 22, 2024 can't come soon enough!

I can't believe that photo is real. I thought it was fake at first but it's apparently real (albeit with stand ins). The outfits make the dwarves look like Renaissance fair employees.

I can't believe that photo is real. I thought it was fake at first but it's apparently real (albeit with stand ins). The outfits make the dwarves look like Renaissance fair employees.
It will be interesting to see whether Disney retrofits the “Seven Dwarfs Mins Train” to reflect the new characterizations, similarly to how Brer Rabbit was unceremoniously dumped from “Splash Mountain”.

It will be interesting to see whether Disney retrofits the “Seven Dwarfs Mins Train” to reflect the new characterizations, similarly to how Brer Rabbit was unceremoniously dumped from “Splash Mountain”.
To my knowledge, Disney has never rethemed an existing ride to be like the live action counterpart so I don't think anything will change. These remakes get forgotten about within a year or two anyway.

@rotlex :D I, too thought it was a joke pic. Monty Python is right! It's laugh-out-loud crazy.

To my knowledge, Disney has never rethemed an existing ride to be like the live action counterpart so I don't think anything will change. These remakes get forgotten about within a year or two anyway.
They did quite a bit of re-theming Pirates Of The Caribbean to the Johnny Depp movie.

They did quite a bit of re-theming Pirates Of The Caribbean to the Johnny Depp movie.
Ah, right I totally forgot about that 😅

I guess I was thinking along the lines of the entire ride being retrofitted to the plot of a live action movie. Jack Sparrow is in the ride but the plot of the ride isn't the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I think Mine Train will be fine.

I think it's too early to judge it based on that picture. A lot of times a photo like that are very out-of-context and won't really look that way under actual production lighting, etc. It's not even confirmed that this is really from the production or if they are stand-ins, etc.

Honestly, and I say it all the time, I would prefer they amke it quite different than the original and go in a new direction. Otehrwise, what's the point?

I think it's too early to judge it based on that picture. A lot of times a photo like that are very out-of-context and won't really look that way under actual production lighting, etc. It's not even confirmed that this is really from the production or if they are stand-ins, etc.

Honestly, and I say it all the time, I would prefer they amke it quite different than the original and go in a new direction. Otehrwise, what's the point?
A spokesperson for Disney did confirm that the photos are from the production and that these are stand ins (probably for the use of CGI).

A spokesperson for Disney did confirm that the photos are from the production and that these are stand ins (probably for the use of CGI).

But it's still not at all indicative of what the final product will look like then. I doubt it will be as bad as people are making it out to be. Say what you will about the remakes/Disney/whatever, the productions usually look pretty slick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter