(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was our beautiful room in the Grand Floridian main building. Room 4421. The first picture shows our room from the outside of the building.

It is a deluxe king room. It’s one of the turret rooms with a ton of windows and amazing views. Hard to tell in some of the pictures, but in the distance we could see the castle, the Contempory, the Wilderness Lodge, the Poly, Spaceship Earth, the GF pools, the monorail — all from the same room. Plus, it’s on the 4th floor just down the hall from the RPC lounge. So perfect in every way.

Awesome room! Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Views! Zoomed in on the castle in the last picture.

Beautiful views :cloud9:.

Well done. We appreciate the looks you have provided. Any pictures however can't fully capture the magnificent views you were treated too.
So true! Pictures never do it justice...but it is certainly amazing to see in person! Unfortunately, the word is out on the Deluxe King turret rooms so getting one is like winning the lottery now! Tons of people have been asking for Disney to create a separate booking category for these rooms for years, but of course it will come with a much higher price tag if and when they do!

View attachment 336184
View attachment 336175 View attachment 336176 View attachment 336177 View attachment 336178 View attachment 336179 View attachment 336180 View attachment 336181 View attachment 336182

I already shared these photos in the club level thread, but wanted to post here as well!

This was our beautiful room in the Grand Floridian main building. Room 4421. The first picture shows our room from the outside of the building.

It is a deluxe king room. It’s one of the turret rooms with a ton of windows and amazing views. Hard to tell in some of the pictures, but in the distance we could see the castle, the Contempory, the Wilderness Lodge, the Poly, Spaceship Earth, the GF pools, the monorail — all from the same room. Plus, it’s on the 4th floor just down the hall from the RPC lounge. So perfect in every way.

We were in that same room about 8 or 9 years ago! It’s still one of my favorites. I also may or may not have spilled a big glass of wine right outside the door, but I see the carpet has been replaced since then. :rolleyes1

(They actually did a great job of cleaning it up while we were there. I felt really bad!!)

If I want to use the day bed (to let DS6 sleep on it as he does somersault at night), do I need to call house keeping for extra sheet/blanket/pillow, or are those already stored in the room? Is it easy to turn the sofa into a bed?? Never used it before. TIA.

If I want to use the day bed (to let DS6 sleep on it as he does somersault at night), do I need to call house keeping for extra sheet/blanket/pillow, or are those already stored in the room? Is it easy to turn the sofa into a bed?? Never used it before. TIA.
The pillow and blanket will be in the closet (or a drawer) and the sheets will be on the bed. If your room doesn't have everything that you need then you can call housekeeping and they will bring it to your room. :)

View attachment 336184
View attachment 336175 View attachment 336176 View attachment 336177 View attachment 336178 View attachment 336179 View attachment 336180 View attachment 336181 View attachment 336182

I already shared these photos in the club level thread, but wanted to post here as well!

Thank you so much for posting these!! I have a king deluxe main building room booked for next month and there are so few pictures, love it! I already sent in a request for a 4th or 5th floor room, crossing my fingers for this one because it's absolutely amazing.

Just upgraded our August trip to the Grand Floridian. I found an amazing rate through a TA and we decided to splurge since we have 2 trips to Magic Kingdom and it's only 3 nights. We booked the lowest category of Outer Building - Garden View. I see online it says, 2 Queens or 1 King Bed, but when I look on TP I don't see a King Bed as an option for that category. Are King Beds only for accessible rooms? We would prefer a King Bed as we have a young son who will use a crib, but in honesty, we are so excited to be staying here, we really won't care.

Excited we’ll be back at GF SL next summer! Just booked yesterday for DH’s 40th!! I’m looking forward to seeing the improvements they’re making to the building!

How exciting! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

I have a king deluxe main building room booked for next month and there are so few pictures, love it! I already sent in a request for a 4th or 5th floor room, crossing my fingers for this one because it's absolutely amazing.

Hope you have a great time! The GF is a great resort, but RPC is just amazing! :goodvibes

Just upgraded our August trip to the Grand Floridian. I found an amazing rate through a TA and we decided to splurge since we have 2 trips to Magic Kingdom and it's only 3 nights. We booked the lowest category of Outer Building - Garden View. I see online it says, 2 Queens or 1 King Bed, but when I look on TP I don't see a King Bed as an option for that category. Are King Beds only for accessible rooms? We would prefer a King Bed as we have a young son who will use a crib, but in honesty, we are so excited to be staying here, we really won't care.

Congrats on the great discount! I can't answer about the king beds, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :).

Also, do the outer buildings have entrances at either of the long ends?

Here are a couple pics of where the entrances are:

http://allears.net/acc/gf101.jpg

http://allears.net/acc/gf95.jpg

Last edited:
Also, do the outer buildings have entrances at either of the long ends?
The outer buildings have fire exits which we regularly use as a shortcut into the buildings. They are especially handy to use when your room is close to this exit and you don’t mind climbing a few stairs. :) The fire exit in Big Pine Key is close to the main building and the fire exit for Conch Key is close to Gasparillas.

Last edited:
The outer buildings have fire exits which we regularly use as a shortcut into the buildings. They are especially handy to use when your room is close to this exit and you don’t mind climbing a few stairs. :) The fire exit in Big Pine Key is close to the main building and the fire exit for Conch Key is close to Gasparillas.
Perfect. Yes, we usually request ground floor, so my thought is to request one of the end rooms. Assuming you can enter through these fire exits

I am heading over the end of august. We have two lagoon view rooms booked and would like have them connected. What building would you recommend? I need balconies, although I think all the rooms have them correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter