• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary in November, and we're heading to the GF Oct 25-29! It's one of the resorts we have always wanted to stay at, but never splurged on. This is our first real vacation alone since we had kids, so we're super-excited! Just booked Outer Bldg - Garden View with the Fall discount. Hoping for a better AP discount, but if not, we'll take what we can get. It looks like there's an option of a king bed instead of 2 queens...are those few and far between? Is there any reason not to request it (ie: worse views, locations, etc)?

Oh, Kanga1, your photos are just spectacular! Each scene brings back such lovely memories. Thank you so much for posting.

Can you recall the approximate price for the new reserved seating (baby cabanas) at the Courtyard Pool? While we have hired cabanas at the Beach Pool in the past, it might be nice to spend a hot day with some shade at our favourite quiet pool, too!

Celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary in November, and we're heading to the GF Oct 25-29! It's one of the resorts we have always wanted to stay at, but never splurged on. This is our first real vacation alone since we had kids, so we're super-excited! Just booked Outer Bldg - Garden View with the Fall discount. Hoping for a better AP discount, but if not, we'll take what we can get. It looks like there's an option of a king bed instead of 2 queens...are those few and far between? Is there any reason not to request it (ie: worse views, locations, etc)?
Not a bad idea to put in your request. Perhaps on of our fellow members can give you the rundown on where the King rooms are by building. Try for upper level away from the elevators. We love the outer building garden views. Some do not care for the top level 5th floor dormer rooms but I favor the more private patio and the best view they provide. Conch Key building is nice but there are no bad ones.

Price fluctuates a bit depending on time of year. But to rent June 2017 it was:

$211.94 (half-day rental), and
$318.44 (full-day rental)

This is the amount we paid for a full day and includes tax. Dansdad is correct, pricing is seasonal, but this was for June. This price included all the amenities of the beach cabana (tv, fridge, fan, plenty of towels, lots of cushioned seating, fruit tray, snacks, drinks, and personal attendant, which we tipped $50.) The number I used to make this reservation was 407-WDW-PLAY. I called 180 days out, but you definitely don't have to call that early. However, I did want it a 2nd day and called about 45 days out and it was booked. So, if you know you want to do this, book early. They do charge your credit card the full amount at the time of booking and cancellation is 24 hours.

The Patio Cabanas are by the courtyard pool. (They may also have some at the kid's water play area, I can't remember.) I called about 1 week out for this rental using the number on the sign...321-318-8212. I only wanted to rent a half a day, but the CM said that they only do full day rentals on these. The cost was around $150 (I think, I can't find the receipt) and included ample shaded seating, snacks, and drinks. There is no attendant with this one. I was not charged until the day of use. There is probably seasonal pricing on this as well.

I love cabanas, and my family always books one whenever we can. Looking back on both of these experiences, I preferred the Patio Cabana much more and here's why:

-We love the courtyard pool. We don't have small children and prefer the peacefulness of it. The loud games in the afternoon at the beach pool really wear me out.

-We don't need an attendant. The snacks and drinks provided are suitable enough, and if we want lunch, it's not that big of a deal to get it ourselves.

-I like shade, but I also prefer to sit in a lounger. There was no way to get the lounger in the shade at the beach pool, other than crowding it in the cabana along with all the other furniture, which I did. It was very inconvenient. The Patio loungers could be placed in the shade.

I hope this helps some of you who are contemplating renting a cabana. I do think they are worth it.

This is the amount we paid for a full day and includes tax. Dansdad is correct, pricing is seasonal, but this was for June. This price included all the amenities of the beach cabana (tv, fridge, fan, plenty of towels, lots of cushioned seating, fruit tray, snacks, drinks, and personal attendant, which we tipped $50.) The number I used to make this reservation was 407-WDW-PLAY. I called 180 days out, but you definitely don't have to call that early. However, I did want it a 2nd day and called about 45 days out and it was booked. So, if you know you want to do this, book early. They do charge your credit card the full amount at the time of booking and cancellation is 24 hours.

The Patio Cabanas are by the courtyard pool. (They may also have some at the kid's water play area, I can't remember.) I called about 1 week out for this rental using the number on the sign...321-318-8212. I only wanted to rent a half a day, but the CM said that they only do full day rentals on these. The cost was around $150 (I think, I can't find the receipt) and included ample shaded seating, snacks, and drinks. There is no attendant with this one. I was not charged until the day of use. There is probably seasonal pricing on this as well.

I love cabanas, and my family always books one whenever we can. Looking back on both of these experiences, I preferred the Patio Cabana much more and here's why:

-We love the courtyard pool. We don't have small children and prefer the peacefulness of it. The loud games in the afternoon at the beach pool really wear me out.

-We don't need an attendant. The snacks and drinks provided are suitable enough, and if we want lunch, it's not that big of a deal to get it ourselves.

-I like shade, but I also prefer to sit in a lounger. There was no way to get the lounger in the shade at the beach pool, other than crowding it in the cabana along with all the other furniture, which I did. It was very inconvenient. The Patio loungers could be placed in the shade.

I hope this helps some of you who are contemplating renting a cabana. I do think they are worth it.

Did you call to rent the courtyard reserved seating, or did you reserve when you go to the resort? I called one time from home in Virginia, and no one really knew what I was talking about.

We will be staying at the GF for the first time later this month! I am so excited because this has been my dream resort for so long. We booked an Outer Building - Garden View room and I want to call to add a request. I would like to be in either Big Pine or Boca Chica. Is it better to request a specific building or should I just request "close to pools"? Thank you.

I already have a cabana for one of my days but I think I will call Signature Services and have them book the Courtyard lounge area for me for our arrival day! only 21 days to go until our 8 night RPC stay!

Did you call to rent the courtyard reserved seating, or did you reserve when you go to the resort? I called one time from home in Virginia, and no one really knew what I was talking about.

I tried to book at the resort, with both the recreation people and the pool people, but both said I had to book through the number.

Celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary in November, and we're heading to the GF Oct 25-29! It's one of the resorts we have always wanted to stay at, but never splurged on. This is our first real vacation alone since we had kids, so we're super-excited!

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the GF :wizard:.

We will be staying at the GF for the first time later this month! I am so excited because this has been my dream resort for so long. We booked an Outer Building - Garden View room and I want to call to add a request. I would like to be in either Big Pine or Boca Chica. Is it better to request a specific building or should I just request "close to pools"? Thank you.

The GF is a beautiful resort, you will love it! For your requests, I would just put "Big Pine Key or Boca Chica". With that said, if you are assigned a different building, you can always ask if BPK or BC is available. It's not guaranteed they can change your room, but it never hurts to ask. Have a great trip :).

only 21 days to go until our 8 night RPC stay!

Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

Thank you, Kanga1! The Patio Cabana sounds perfect. Our tastes seem to converge in this matter!

For an upcoming trip we are splitting our stay:
- Swan on arrival day 1
- GF RPC first full day 2
- GF Villas days 3-7

We should have RPC access all of day 2 and 3 even before room is ready on day 2 and after checkout the morning of day 3, correct?

Should baggage transfers be quicker from GF RPC to GFV than normal resort to resort?

- Swan on arrival day 1
- GF Villas days 3-7

We should have RPC access all of day 2 and 3 even before room is ready on day 2 and after checkout the morning of day 3, correct?

Should baggage transfers be quicker from GF RPC to GFV than normal resort to resort?
Yes, Bell Services can handle it. You just need to be in your villa when they deliver your luggage. If you can get in your villa early, they can do it in one trip.

- Swan on arrival day 1
- GF Villas days 3-7

Yes. You will have lounge access from the minute you check in until midnight of the day you check out :).

Reactions: jfh

Are you doing a BCV/GF split stay? Looking at doing at same thing.

My family plans on staying GF next year for the first time ever. We are usually the family that stays at POP and are fine with it, but next year will be our last trip for a few years so we are splurging quite a bit to make it work. It will be four adults and two little ones. We are thinking of booking a Deluxe Room - Outer Building - Garden View. Everything I’m reading says the Deluxe rooms are in the Main Building though? And since we are used to two rooms at POP we are hoping this one room will be big enough since it’s almost double in size?

Thanks for any input you can give!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter