Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Hi! We have a split stay booked in April for Beach Club and the Grand Floridian and we were wondering if someone could suggest a building for our room request. We have stayed at both the Poly and Contemporary before and loved being able to easily hop on the monorail to park hop at night. I have a standard water view room booked and was wondering what building would be closest to the monorail. I was also wondering how far the walk to MK is if we took the path? Thanks so much for any advice!!
Sago Cay is really convenient for the walkway to MK, Gasparilla's, and the resort bus depot. The walk to MK is approximately 1/2 mile, depending on where you start counting. :) It is less than a 15 minute walk. We love the walkway. The scenery is great. :)

Details Released for 2024 Easter Displays and Grand Cottage at Walt Disney World

The details and opening dates have been announced for the 2024 Easter displays and the Grand Cottage at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels.

These spectacular displays are hand-painted and designed by the talented pastry chefs who put months of dedication and talent into bringing these creations to life. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and Disney’s Beach Club Resort are all joining in on the egg-travaganza with offerings for you to enjoy.

The Grand Cottage at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for Easter

And the fun doesn’t stop there; there are also plenty of tasty treats on the way that will leave you and your taste buds hoppy – I mean happy! A first look at some of the bites coming to the Grand Cottage at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa on March 3. But be sure to keep an eye out on the Disney Parks Blog and Disney Eats for our full Foodie Guide with even more Easter goodies coming soon.

Easter egg displays at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Let’s kick things off with a trip over to the Seven Seas Lagoon, where the pastry team at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has been hard at work creating Easter egg displays for you. This can’t-miss tradition is a staple of the Easter season at the resort and showcases the artistry and talent of these cast members. Each has a unique theme and story that the culinary cast member brings to life with their own creative touch. I’ve put together some of my favorite eggs from years past so you can get an idea of what you can experience this year! But there are plenty of new ones coming inspired by cherished characters, stories, and treats, like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Disney Animation’s “Beauty and the Beast,” and Disney snacks. With so many new creations, it’s worth a revisit if you’ve seen them before.

Easter treats from the Grand Cottage at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

But that’s not all for the resort. The team has also been whipping up some delicious items for you to indulge in this spring. The Grand Cottage is back for the third year to bring to you a plethora of festive (and adorable) treats you won’t want to miss from March 3 through April 1.

• Bunny Pop Flower Pot: Chocolate flower pot filled with jelly beans and three chocolate bunny pops (New)
  • Fruity Cereal Mickey Pop: Mickey-shaped fruity cereal crisped treat
  • The Easter Treat Box: Dark chocolate filled bunny, carrot blondie pop, marshmallow pop, carrot cake chocolate bark, confetti pop, and meringue nests
  • Easter Marshmallow Pop: Three large marshmallows dipped in a yellow chocolate coating topped with Easter quins
  • Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup: Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream, and cookies ‘n cream pieces with springtime décor (Plant-based)
  • The Grand Egg: White chocolate egg filled with jelly beans sprayed in spring colors
The Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup and Fruity Cereal Pop will both also be available over at Gasparilla Island Grill from March 3 through April 1.

I came here to inquire if the construction is completed at GF, but it looks like more construction is happening according to Kylenne's post. We're thinking of going in 2 or 3 weeks. Are there still scaffolding around the hotel?

Thank you.

Unless I missed or deleted or never got an email 🤔 we have a reservation for late august. So maybe the scheduled the lobby for September? Not hoping it is someone else just maybe a guessed timeline. But it can’t be worse than last year when we were there in July but we did have the full lobby part of the week.

Unless I missed or deleted or never got an email 🤔 we have a reservation for late august. So maybe the scheduled the lobby for September? Not hoping it is someone else just maybe a guessed timeline. But it can’t be worse than last year when we were there in July but we did have the full lobby part of the week.
This is all speculation of course, but I suspect they are not waiting that long to begin. My guess is that they will begin after the Easter season ends, because so many people visit the lobby to see the egg displays. It could be that the email is a "better safe than sorry" hedging of bets in case construction is STILL ongoing at that time, preparing guests in the event the lobby work is still not complete. But who knows, like I said it's just speculation. But I definitely don't see them starting in September because that could really mess with the holiday season.

They are a bit sporadic about the emails though, fwiw. We ended up having to rebook our same exact reservation due to a Disney error (it's a long story I told in another thread), and have a new confirmation number and everything, but have not received an email.

1900 Park Fare to Feature Tiana’s Gumbo and More New Menu Items

When 1900 Park Fare reopens at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in April, it will have a mix of new and returning menu items. Disney previewed some of those items, including the new Tiana’s Gumbo and So Many Wishes beverage.

1900 Park Fare Updated Menu

A close-up photo of Tiana's Gumbo and Rice, one of the items that will be on the new menu for 1900 Park Fare.

One of the new dishes is Tiana’s Gumbo and Rice. Tiana will also debut her new outfit when she meets guests at the restaurant, which will later be seen on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure when it opens this summer at Magic Kingdom.

A photo of four glasses of the So Many Wishes drink, coming soon to 1900 Park Fare.

The So Many Wishes drink is also joining the menu. It’s unknown whether it will be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

A close-up of vanilla cupcakes with white icing and golden star sprinkles.

Disney also previewed desserts, like these cupcakes with star sprinkles.

Breakfast will also be available including Mickey waffles and Eggs Benedict.

The full menus are not available at this time.

Reservations will open on March 5, and the restaurant will open on April 10.

1900 Park Fare to Feature Tiana’s Gumbo and More New Menu Items

When 1900 Park Fare reopens at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa in April, it will have a mix of new and returning menu items. Disney previewed some of those items, including the new Tiana’s Gumbo and So Many Wishes beverage.

1900 Park Fare Updated Menu

A close-up photo of Tiana's Gumbo and Rice, one of the items that will be on the new menu for 1900 Park Fare.'s Gumbo and Rice, one of the items that will be on the new menu for 1900 Park Fare.

One of the new dishes is Tiana’s Gumbo and Rice. Tiana will also debut her new outfit when she meets guests at the restaurant, which will later be seen on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure when it opens this summer at Magic Kingdom.

A photo of four glasses of the So Many Wishes drink, coming soon to 1900 Park Fare.

The So Many Wishes drink is also joining the menu. It’s unknown whether it will be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

A close-up of vanilla cupcakes with white icing and golden star sprinkles.

Disney also previewed desserts, like these cupcakes with star sprinkles.

Breakfast will also be available including Mickey waffles and Eggs Benedict.

The full menus are not available at this time.

Reservations will open on March 5, and the restaurant will open on April 10.
That gumbo looks so good but something tells me I'll need to bring my own hot sauce for it lol. I'm excited to see the full menu when it comes out because we are strongly considering it for our trip. My gf wants to try the strawberry soup.

I'm excited to see the full menu, and hope it fits in with the overall feel of the hotel and the theming.... Not a haphazard compilation of foods, but really make it immersive and accurate for the Victorian era.... I also hope the tea service returns soon.... it is so disappointing Disney has eliminated this classy element of this storied resort....

Also, I hope the lobby is not destroyed... I fear that Disney is going to remove all the history and charm.... I am very worried...

I have 2 friends with reservations in July that got the dreaded letter.

I am curious how it comes out. The rooms, outer building lobbies, club level lounge are so pretty! 🤞🏻it looks amazing when complete.

The Grand Cottage Returns for Easter at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

It’s the last day of February, and spring is nearly here! With Easter 2024 just a few weeks away, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is gearing up for the return of its beloved Easter cottage.

grand floridian easter grand cottage 2024

Located in the resort’s breathtaking Victorian-inspired lobby, The Grand Cottage is just one of the dazzling Easter displays that will adorn select Disney resorts this month.

Grand Floridian Easter Cottage Grand Cottage Sign

The Grand Cottage Returns for Easter 2024

In springy pastel shades of pink, blue, and green, the Grand Floridian’s festive Easter cottage has officially returned for its third Easter season.

Grand Cottage construction

With its elegant columns and ornate details, The Grand Cottage is a perfect fit for the gorgeous Grand Floridian lobby.

grand floridian easter grand cottage 2024

The booth is surrounded by a charming white picket fence, complete with pink-striped posts.

The Grand Cottage will open to Disney guests on March 3rd, 2024, and will offer an array of tasty Easter-themed treats.

grand-cottage-grand-gloridian-treats-2024.jpeg

Easter Treats at The Grand Cottage

Last year’s Grand Cottage menu included a ton of special sweet treats, and this year is no different! Disney has already confirmed several returning favorites like the Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup and Fruity Mickey Pop. But the brand-new Bunny Pop Flower Pop is also on the way!

Last edited:
Hello Diser’s! Does the GF resort room have the same color scheme as the DVC room? The DVC renovated rooms are gorgeous with the soft pastel colors. On the official Disney page they are showing the old GF resort rooms. Thanks All!

Hello Diser’s! Does the GF resort room have the same color scheme as the DVC room? The DVC renovated rooms are gorgeous with the soft pastel colors. On the official Disney page they are showing the old GF resort rooms. Thanks All!
Yes they are the same except for the microwave. Enjoy! I was in the new room as far back as Nov 2022. Disney is so slow to update their website. 🙄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter