Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

NP. It’s possible, but no one knows for sure. I’ll be sure to continue updating this thread if any news comes in. No announcements have been made to date.
There's no place like the Grand, is there..... Your photos are awesome, love the clarity and focus. We hope to be there this Fall, and live for the Magic, as well as, save for it yearly! You must love living so close by, we are out west and have seriously thought about moving your way. Do you know if anything is changing at Gasparilla?

There's no place like the Grand, is there..... Your photos are awesome, love the clarity and focus. We hope to be there this Fall, and live for the Magic, as well as, save for it yearly! You must love living so close by, we are out west and have seriously thought about moving your way. Do you know if anything is changing at Gasparilla?
They are not my pictures and I do not live close by, unfortunately!! Anything that has a heading is article from a Disney blog that I’m sharing with the group. Sorry, I have not heard any news regarding Gaspy’s at this time.

They are not my pictures and I do not live close by, unfortunately!! Anything that has a heading is article from a Disney blog that I’m sharing with the group. Sorry, I have not heard any news regarding Gaspy’s at this time.
Well, no matter what we appreciate you and the photo updates!!!:)

I wonder how many rooms they can do in a week/month. There could be a chance they're done by mid-September when I go... but I won't hold my breath.
Each of the other buildings took 12-14 weeks, I believe. The main building is exponentially larger, so I'd expect the exterior work to take significantly longer than that, even if the rooms and lobby don't. But who knows!? ;)

Hi guys, I'm looking for a little advice here. I have a trip planned for mid September and I just changed my reservation from AKL to a GF/Swan split stay. I have a water view room booked at GF. Will water view blow me away? What is the chance I will be able to see fireworks from my room? I could switch my entire stay (6 nights) to GF if I change to resort view. What would you do??
Hi! That is a tough choice but honestly comparing apples to oranges. I love the Swan and book often with a Marriott Bonvoy discount if it’s better pricing… especially if I want to be close to Epcot. Swan is beautiful but it is not “Disney” and it’s in a different park area so for me that would make my decision. What parks do I want to be closer to. Also little things like no magic band room access or charge.. I like that Convenience. That being said Swan is walking to Epcot and HS and the Boardwalk area and tons of restaurant. Rooms are nice enough, pool has been upgraded and is nice as well.
GF there is no bad room view and I feel immersed in the magic. Water view sometimes you can get lucky and get water view that also has a view of castle. IMO it is too far away to matter You can only see the high fireworks. You can always view the fireworks from the dock or Narcoosees or go to Poly or CR. Only downside is access to parks other than MK. The monorail to Epcot is fine but you have to change at TTC so to me that gets annoying and buses everywhere else. I think it depends on what your focus is for your trip.. if it’s being at a resort GF wins every time no matter the view!

Hi! That is a tough choice but honestly comparing apples to oranges. I love the Swan and book often with a Marriott Bonvoy discount if it’s better pricing… especially if I want to be close to Epcot. Swan is beautiful but it is not “Disney” and it’s in a different park area so for me that would make my decision. What parks do I want to be closer to. Also little things like no magic band room access or charge.. I like that Convenience. That being said Swan is walking to Epcot and HS and the Boardwalk area and tons of restaurant. Rooms are nice enough, pool has been upgraded and is nice as well.
GF there is no bad room view and I feel immersed in the magic. Water view sometimes you can get lucky and get water view that also has a view of castle. IMO it is too far away to matter You can only see the high fireworks. You can always view the fireworks from the dock or Narcoosees or go to Poly or CR. Only downside is access to parks other than MK. The monorail to Epcot is fine but you have to change at TTC so to me that gets annoying and buses everywhere else. I think it depends on what your focus is for your trip.. if it’s being at a resort GF wins every time no matter the view!
Thanks for your input! I've never stayed at GF, so I am very unfamiliar with the various views. I'm just looking for a nice comfortable room with a pleasant view and a nice pool. It sounds like resort view will be fine, so I think I will switch to that. Have stayed at Swan and Dolphin many times, but this trip is going to be more resort centered since September is so hot. I have an AP, so going to a park every day and staying open to close is not on my agenda. Thanks again!

Thanks for your input! I've never stayed at GF, so I am very unfamiliar with the various views. I'm just looking for a nice comfortable room with a pleasant view and a nice pool. It sounds like resort view will be fine, so I think I will switch to that. Have stayed at Swan and Dolphin many times, but this trip is going to be more resort centered since September is so hot. I have an AP, so going to a park every day and staying open to close is not on my agenda. Thanks again!
I had a lagoon view now called water view. I was in Boca Chica 2nd floor. More pix of lobby previous page.

TPV has a good castle view. Water can be in any of the buildings but should be a nice view .
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ns-construction-updates.3814628/post-64794950

Another question if y'all don't mind! What type of transportation is available back to GF after the deluxe evening extra hours and after MNSSHP? Thanks!

Another question if y'all don't mind! What type of transportation is available back to GF after the deluxe evening extra hours and after MNSSHP? Thanks!
@kelsgals is correct. Just came to add on occasion the line for mono was long and the walk to gf can feel long so we compromise and walk to CR which is shorter then hop on a mono there(no line either).

It depends on weather, how late it is etc. If it’s hot and humid like Aug/Sept trips walking can be brutal. Winter trips we don’t mind the extra steps. Back to gf is fastest by boat but timing is everything. Sometimes you just miss it.

Make sure to take the resort mono vs the direct to ttc one. If not familiar when approaching from MK stay to the left for resorts.

Quick poll!

For almost exactly the same price would you choose a standard view resort villa studio or theme park view room, main resort?

2 small children, for a quick visit (2-3 nights)

Thanks!

Quick poll!

For almost exactly the same price would you choose a standard view resort villa studio or theme park view room, main resort?

Thanks!

I'd go theme park view, the rooms are almost exactly the same and while the standard view studios have some lovely views, some of them look directly at the stairwell of Boca Chica.

Though that begs the question ... will you be in the room to enjoy the view?

I'd go theme park view, the rooms are almost exactly the same and while the standard view studios have some lovely views, some of them look directly at the stairwell of Boca Chica.

Though that begs the question ... will you be in the room to enjoy the view?
Thanks! I didn’t realize the hotel rooms were updated! That makes it easy… we will be enjoying the resort/room! We are staying for a longer trip but just spending 2/3 nights at GF. We will do MK while there but also plan to focus on the pools/resort/fireworks in pajamas.

Quick poll!

Thanks!
The resort studio villa is DVC and will have a toaster and a microwave oven, the main resort room won't, in case that makes a difference for you.

Checked in today and couldn’t ask for a better view of the park. We’re in Sago Cay so the room is gorgeous and you can smell the new carpet when entering the lobby. Haven’t stayed at a Disney Resort since 2000 so its been nice so far.

Quick question - We’re planning to watch the 4th July fireworks from the room tonight so is there a channel to get the music from or should we just try and find something on YouTube?

Also construction hasn’t been as off putting or disruptive today as I’d been bracing myself for. No crane in the lobby as far as I can tell today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter