Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I found my answer... Be there 90 minutes before park opening for the first bus.
Sorry...I could've told you that but I wasn't sure what the pandemic has changed because I've heard everything is taking so much longer! TBH, we haven't used the buses for years because it takes so long. Initially we used taxis because they used to be cheap but then we switched to Uber/Lyft once they were allowed. From what I've been hearing, Uber/Lyft prices have skyrocketed now because of the pandemic so I'm not sure what the best mode of transportation will be! I've heard that it can be unpredictable taking a bus because they only let so many people on these days and if you have to wait for three buses you're plan gets destroyed. I would love to hear how things go for you and what you end up doing because we don't go back until Memorial Day weekend.

Sorry...I could've told you that but I wasn't sure what the pandemic has changed because I've heard everything is taking so much longer! TBH, we haven't used the buses for years because it takes so long. Initially we used taxis because they used to be cheap but then we switched to Uber/Lyft once they were allowed. From what I've been hearing, Uber/Lyft prices have skyrocketed now because of the pandemic so I'm not sure what the best mode of transportation will be! I've heard that it can be unpredictable taking a bus because they only let so many people on these days and if you have to wait for three buses you're plan gets destroyed. I would love to hear how things go for you and what you end up doing because we don't go back until Memorial Day weekend.

I will definitely report back. I am leaning towards driving and will attempt to time our arrival 60-65 minutes prior to HS opening. I just hope we don’t get turned around. That would be a bummer.

I found my answer... Be there 90 minutes before park opening for the first bus.
HS can be tricky to get there early.

IF bus stop very crowded or you don’t make it on there are cabs at all the resorts. Just head to outside of lobby and they will hail one for you. We also have rideshare app open and checking times in case it’s needed. I haven’t done cab to parks but RS drop off is close to bus drop off and convenient.

The drive option can be tricky as you mentioned. I would be bummed if I missed out.

They have been opening gate at 8:15for 9Am openings, Keep an eye out for changes but that’s been pretty consistent.

HS can be tricky to get there early.

IF bus stop very crowded or you don’t make it on there are cabs at all the resorts. Just head to outside of lobby and they will hail one for you. We also have rideshare app open and checking times in case it’s needed. I haven’t done cab to parks but RS drop off is close to bus drop off and convenient.

The drive option can be tricky as you mentioned. I would be bummed if I missed out.

They have been opening gate at 8:15for 9Am openings, Keep an eye out for changes but that’s been pretty consistent.

When you say that they have been opening the gate for 9am openings, do you mean the entrance inside the park? Or the entrance to the parking outside the park? I am picturing them allowing guests into the park and on the rides at approximately 8:15 for a 9am opening, and that they start allowing cars and busses into the parking area at 8am. I imagine the people on the first busses would naturally beat those having to park. This is assuming you actually make it on one of the first busses. Am I thinking about this correctly or am I off?

When you say that they have been opening the gate for 9am openings, do you mean the entrance inside the park? Or the entrance to the parking outside the park? I am picturing them allowing guests into the park and on the rides at approximately 8:15 for a 9am opening, and that they start allowing cars and busses into the parking area at 8am. I imagine the people on the first busses would naturally beat those having to park. This is assuming you actually make it on one of the first busses. Am I thinking about this correctly or am I off?
I just checked and 3/19 I had already been on RR 3 rimes by 8:44 . They let us in earlier that day because the crowds were big. They haven’t been holding inside the park it’s through security and into park! We get so much done that’s way

I would be too chicken to try to drive. You may get in early enough but I wouldn’t want to miss that 1st hour quiet!
Maybe someone else will pop in with experience.
Don’t forget to get boarding group at 7am. We missed that one trip because we didn’t know it was early now.

I just checked and 3/19 I had already been on RR 3 rimes by 8:44 . They let us in earlier that day because the crowds were big. They haven’t been holding inside the park it’s through security and into park! We get so much done that’s way

I would be too chicken to try to drive. You may get in early enough but I wouldn’t want to miss that 1st hour quiet!
Maybe someone else will pop in with experience.
Don’t forget to get boarding group at 7am. We missed that one trip because we didn’t know it was early now.

Thank you for the tips! My son and I will definitely be trying for that BG. Fingers crossed!

Grand Floridian to DHS by bus (during spring break) - Time Example: I went to DHS on Tues Mar 30 and Thurs Apr 1. DHS had a posted 9AM opening. In both cases, I was at the Grand Floridian bus stop at 7:30. The bus came within 10-15 min. When we arrived at DHS, we went right in. My kids went first to Tower of Terror. The line looked long due to covid spacing, but went really fast. Kids then rode Star Tours (which had a 5 min wait). Kids got off Star Tours and we had time to make it to Oga's Cantina for our 9:15 reservation.

This May Be The LAST Place You’d Look For a Disney Souvenir!

Over at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, you can take home one of the most unique Disney souvenirs during the Paint Your Disney Story activity. Located in the new Enchanted Rose Lounge on the second floor of the main hotel building, guests can meet Cast Members in Belle’s Library to paint their own ceramic storybook box and “create your own Disney story.”
Thank you for posting this. This looks terrific!

I'm trying to decide about my AK day... I'd rather drive but don't want that to put me at a disadvantage to be super early for when they open the park. What time do they open the parking lot? What time does the first bus usually arrive at GF to take people to AK? Any advice?

Thank you for posting this. This looks terrific!

I sent it to my DD and my friend that travels with us, and they both responded immediately with ‘we have to do that!!!’ 😂 My only wish was that the hours were a little later! It would be nice to go over and have a glass of wine (and of course some truffle fries) while the kids paint!!! But then again... it’s vacation. And it’s 5:00 somewhere!!! 😎

I'm trying to decide about my AK day... I'd rather drive but don't want that to put me at a disadvantage to be super early for when they open the park. What time do they open the parking lot? What time does the first bus usually arrive at GF to take people to AK? Any advice?
I think we did AKL trips being at bus at least 90 prior to park openings knowing parks open earlier than what is stated.

Needing help with identifying a room at GF main building. He have booked a 2 bedroom suite at GF main building. I can only find info on the two bedroom vilas. Does it go by another name?

We tend to use our balcony in the evening, but with no lounge in which to have coffee, we will definitely be using it for coffee in the mornings on this trip! My DD17 is not an early riser but unfortunately I am these days! One of the reasons the turret room was never a problem for us was that we only stayed there without kids because it was always our anniversary trip :laughing:. You have been a lot more adventurous in your hotel stays than we have been! We used to only stay at GF, but prices have gone up so much in the past several years that we started trying a few other resorts. I do love walkability to the parks which is one of the reasons we love BWI, and I'm very excited about the walkway to MK from GF! It used to be a nightmare getting back to the GF after a party at MK! I hope parties, fireworks and CL are all back very soon!! Not sure when your trip is, but I hope you have a great one!

Thanks - We're not until the 3rd week in June, so there could be all kinds of changes by then. I'd be excited if CL and/or fireworks were back but probably doubtful. We haven't done a party in a while but we've done a few DAH events that have been super fun. I'm hoping some of the other GF restaurants open up by then. I've heard Citricos is really nice and 1900 Park Fare has always been on my "list" to try but I figured we'd do it at some point when we were staying there, but alas...My daughter (14) has always wanted to stay at GF so she is very excited!

Gosh, a trip without kids would be so lovely, I would give up a balcony for that!

Needing help with identifying a room at GF main building. He have booked a 2 bedroom suite at GF main building. I can only find info on the two bedroom vilas. Does it go by another name?
There are two bedroom suites in the main building on floor 5. I believe there are only three of them but not 100% sure. The last time I stayed in a main building two bedroom it overlooked the beach pool/splash pad area. The other two suites that are two bedroom overlook the courtyard pool area.

So excited, just booked a 5 night stay in August and picked and reserved our park days for our 5 day park hopper.
We were able to use that one I guess you can say buy 3 get 2 free park hopper days.

Now my question is;

This is the first time in over 18 years that we are driving to Disney.
We will need parking at the GF for our car for 5 nights.

Can anyone tell me what the process is in getting and paying for the parking.
Out TA called Disney and was told we cannot book early, we have to do it on arrival.
Like how do we get in at the Magic Kingdom entrance where you have to pay for daily parking to go to Magic Kingdom.
We will have to go that way I think to get to GF, unless with their construction of roads, routes have changed.

Thanks ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter