• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Awesome! How were the lines for Soarin and Test Track at, say, 9:30? 10:00? I am trying to figure out if we should be waking up early for rope drop or to change the strategy entirely, sleep late, and go for an all nighter. Thoughts?
With 11 am openings TT is your best place to try 1St since the line is long all day long. We have been getting to Epcot around 10a and wait for us to be allowed in . I believe by 10;15 we have been in .

Trips were Aug, Oct, Jan and March,

1 trip TT was down and opened late but we stayed in line and waited 45mins-1hr.
Last week we headed to Soarin and they said we are not opening until close to 11. We booked it to tt and waited about 35 -40 mins in spite of wasting time.

During the day soarin will often show short lines, tt is always long.

Have a great trip!

We are having a wonderful stay! Yesterday was crazy! We had our VIP tour for 7 hours and accomplished so much. We hit all four parks and did 21 rides and a quick service lunch. Needless to say my husband and I were exhausted, but my son, daughter -in-law and grand kids had so much fun. The grandchildren are now spoiled by it and will want it every trip!

We are loving the resort, but miss the beautiful flowers in the lobby. The grounds are so pretty and our room is nice. We are in Sugar Loaf, so close to everything. I do like the mobile ordering. No parks tomorrow, it is Nana’s rest day! I have a cabana booked and am looking forward to it. We go home Monday and I will post pictures when we get home.

We are having a wonderful stay! Yesterday was crazy! We had our VIP tour for 7 hours and accomplished so much. We hit all four parks and did 21 rides and a quick service lunch. Needless to say my husband and I were exhausted, but my son, daughter -in-law and grand kids had so much fun. The grandchildren are now spoiled by it and will want it every trip!

We are loving the resort, but miss the beautiful flowers in the lobby. The grounds are so pretty and our room is nice. We are in Sugar Loaf, so close to everything. I do like the mobile ordering. No parks tomorrow, it is Nana’s rest day! I have a cabana booked and am looking forward to it. We go home Monday and I will post pictures when we get home.

I’m so happy you and your family are having a great trip!!! We’re looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get back!! Enjoy that cabana tomorrow!!! 🥰

So we are at GF (Yay! Got the room I wanted, will post more tomorrow) and are going to rope drop MK tomorrow (Sunday) using the new walkway.

What time should we arrive at MK? Like start walking at 6:45 to arrive at 7:00? Is that too early? Should we take the monorail instead? Is there an advantage to walking over monorail from a rope drop perspective?

So we are at GF (Yay! Got the room I wanted, will post more tomorrow) and are going to rope drop MK tomorrow (Sunday) using the new walkway.

What time should we arrive at MK? Like start walking at 6:45 to arrive at 7:00? Is that too early? Should we take the monorail instead? Is there an advantage to walking over monorail from a rope drop perspective?

So happy you got the room you wanted!! Looking forward to pictures!!! Can’t help you with rope drop, as we get there around 10 or so! But hopefully someone can help you with that!! Have a great time!

That sounds about right - I watched a live from TouringPlans on 3/15 and they went from the Poly to GF to MK, saying that it was about a 25-30 minute walk (so I’d think half of that is Poly to GF and the other half GF to MK). The park opened that day at 7:15. My understanding is that walking will be more likely to get you there earlier than the monorail.

If anyone who is there happens to take a sunrise picture, and can share with us, I’d truly appreciate it. The sunrises at the Grand are the reason I jump out of bed in the morning!! They’re SO beautiful ☺️

YAY for getting the room you wanted! And I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier so I could report my experience: I had breakfast at the Grand last month (7:30 right as they opened) and rode the monorail from there to MK - got on right at 8 AM for a 9 AM opening) - I was the first person at MK as they were holding back the walkers from Contemporary and Grand on the paths.

Let us know how you guys went and how it was :D

If anyone who is there happens to take a sunrise picture, and can share with us, I’d truly appreciate it. The sunrises at the Grand are the reason I jump out of bed in the morning!! They’re SO beautiful ☺
I have a picture from Jan 30th. We had a room with a dormer balcony in Conch Key and this was the view. We had a free upgrade from Coronado Springs so I was happy to have the room. I think I would have asked for a different room if we had paid full price for it. ;)

I also have a picture of the moon rising over the Contemporary. I took this picture from the boat dock while watching the Electric Water Parade.

Attachments

• sunrise from room 7424 Grand Floridian.JPG
    sunrise from room 7424 Grand Floridian.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 27
  • moon rise over Seven Seas Lagoon.JPG
    moon rise over Seven Seas Lagoon.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 27
I have a picture from Jan 30th. We had a room with a dormer balcony in Conch Key and this was the view. We had a free upgrade from Coronado Springs so I was happy to have the room. I think I would have asked for a different room if we had paid full price for it. ;)

I also have a picture of the moon rising over the Contemporary. I took this picture from the boat dock while watching the Electric Water Parade.

So beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!!!!! 😍

YAY for getting the room you wanted! And I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier so I could report my experience: I had breakfast at the Grand last month (7:30 right as they opened) and rode the monorail from there to MK - got on right at 8 AM for a 9 AM opening) - I was the first person at MK as they were holding back the walkers from Contemporary and Grand on the paths.

This is good to know, thanks for sharing!

Let us know how you guys went and how it was :D

We’re at the Magic Kingdom right now, the rope drop was amazing! We left the Grand Floridian at 6:40 on the walkway and arrived at the park at 7:00. Within 10 minutes they let us up to the main gate, we were the first ones there, and by 7:20 we were racing up Main Street on our way to the Seven Dwarves Mines Train, they let us right on. Then we went straight over to Thunder Mountain Railroad, zero wait time there either, it was great. By this time it was 7:50 and so we scrolled across the park to Space Mountain where there was a 15 minute wait. By the time we got out of space Mountain it was 8:25 and we had done the three major rides in the park.

We could’ve snuck Splash Mountain in there too, there was no wait for that either, but the kids didn’t want to get wet that early in the morning. All in all what a fantastic opportunity to get all the major rides out of the way. Now we can be very leisurely with the rest of the experience and come back late again tonight to go on the main morning rides a second time.

Thanks again for all the great advice!

A while ago, I got an email to call for a special rate at GF. Unfortunately I had deleted this email. Did anyone here also got this email? Do you remember the booking conditions/requirements? Which phone number should I use?

Thank you!

A while ago, I got an email to call for a special rate at GF. Unfortunately I had deleted this email. Did anyone here also got this email? Do you remember the booking conditions/requirements? Which phone number should I use?

Thank you!

I got the email - it was pretty vague and just said to call 407-939-4268 for special rates on select nights through “late spring.”

Sitting in my cabana at the Beach Pool. It is just after 2pm. My son and oldest granddaughter returned from Epcot at noon, said it was crazy, came in the cabana to eat lunch with us and went up to the room to change to swim. When they came back security was at the gate saying the pool was at capacity. My son told them he had a cabana, they checked the list and let him in. So, beware the Beach pool does get to capacity. Not sure about the other pool

Hey GF friends, I need some help with tomorrow morning at Hollywood Studios.

We are going to drive there by car and want to be there at 8am, an hour before the 9am official park opening. As we are driving, I'm worried that they won't let us park and line up at the main gate with the rest of the rope droppers. Concerned that even though we're GF guests they'll make us wait and not open the lots until close to 9 and spoil our chance at an early get at rides.

Anyone know if they'll let me park at 8am for a 9am open?

I wonder if it's seasonal pricing or if the cabana went up? I called maybe last month to book for June and they quoted me $249 for Cabana and $159 for Poolside Patio, although I can't book it until April. I guess I'll find out in April!
Just booked a quick trip in May. Called to reserve a cabana and was given the $318 price. Last month we paid $249. When I questioned, the CM checked and said there is an increase April 1. I get AP discount, so it is a bit cheaper, but wasn’t expecting a $60 increase. That said, I still booked it because I like the idea of guaranteed space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter