Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

No magic hours. The only park open late is EP and we only have one day reserved there. We are staying on property all 7 days and nights as we don’t want exposure to local Florida maskless culture (no judgement, just personal choice).

Most nights we will be in our room at 9:00. The kids will have their iPads. Mom and dad want to watch our shows on Netflix as we don’t usually go to sleep until midnight and don’t watch network programming.

So if someone can tell me if the TV’s at GF have accessible HDMI ports I would appreciate it.

When we were last there (Jan 2020) there were HDMI ports because my husband brought his XBox and we were able to hook it up to the TV. We were in the main building but I would guess that the TV's are all the same.

AND I have started traveling with our Fire Stick and it's been so nice to be able to watch whatever I want when I'm winding down.

No magic hours. The only park open late is EP and we only have one day reserved there. We are staying on property all 7 days and nights as we don’t want exposure to local Florida maskless culture (no judgement, just personal choice).

Most nights we will be in our room at 9:00. The kids will have their iPads. Mom and dad want to watch our shows on Netflix as we don’t usually go to sleep until midnight and don’t watch network programming.

So if someone can tell me if the TV’s at GF have accessible HDMI ports I would appreciate it.

Good Answer ..... thank you . Enjoy your vacation

So what's going on at the beach pool these days as far as kids games? I prefer the courtyard pool because it tends to be more peaceful, but the cabanas at the beach pool are so much nicer than the poolside patios at the courtyard pool IMO, and I want to rent something for my pool day over Memorial Day weekend. Have they canceled all the pool activities at the beach pool due to social distancing? I know my kids used to love those activities years ago, but I'm hoping the beach pool is a bit more quiet these days so I can rent the cabana over there lol. Any opinions of the cabana at the beach pool vs the poolside patio would be appreciated too.

So what's going on at the beach pool these days as far as kids games? I prefer the courtyard pool because it tends to be more peaceful, but the cabanas at the beach pool are so much nicer than the poolside patios at the courtyard pool IMO, and I want to rent something for my pool day over Memorial Day weekend. Have they canceled all the pool activities at the beach pool due to social distancing? I know my kids used to love those activities years ago, but I'm hoping the beach pool is a bit more quiet these days so I can rent the cabana over there lol. Any opinions of the cabana at the beach pool vs the poolside patio would be appreciated too.

Hey there!! There are still kids games, as well as music going on at the Beach pool!

As far as cabanas vs. poolside patios, I guess it depends on which you’d prefer.

A cabana gives you full privacy, along with other perks:
  • Dedicated Cast Member providing service to the cabanas
  • 2 padded lounge chairs
  • Padded sectional couch
  • Ceiling fan
  • Smart TV with cable service
  • Fruit basket (may not be available without advance reservation)
  • Mini refrigerator stocked with complimentary sodas and water
  • Snack basket (may not be available without advance reservation)
  • Plush towels

The poolside patios are just that, a patio set with a big umbrella. It’s definitely nice if you want your own seating area or guaranteed place to sit.
  • Padded lounge chairs
  • Padded sectional couch
  • Snack Basket
  • Complimentary sodas and water
  • Snack basket (may not be available without advance reservations)
Additional Cabana/Poolside Patio info, such as pricing and pictures, can be found on Page 1. I have not been able to confirm the prices have not changed, (prices are from the end of last year), but at least you have an idea. I prefer the privacy/full shade of the cabana. Hope that helps!

They have been adding hours to the parks very close in, so odds are pretty good that those hours may extend.

What are your dates again? They just extended hours today up to mid-April...

Disney World Extends Theme Park Hours in Mid-April

Hey there!! There are still kids games, as well as music going on at the Beach pool!

As far as cabanas vs. poolside patios, I guess it depends on which you’d prefer.

A cabana gives you full privacy, along with other perks:
  • Dedicated Cast Member providing service to the cabanas
  • 2 padded lounge chairs
  • Padded sectional couch
  • Ceiling fan
  • Smart TV with cable service
  • Fruit basket (may not be available without advance reservation)
  • Mini refrigerator stocked with complimentary sodas and water
  • Snack basket (may not be available without advance reservation)
  • Plush towels

The poolside patios are just that, a patio set with a big umbrella. It’s definitely nice if you want your own seating area or guaranteed place to sit.
  • Padded lounge chairs
  • Padded sectional couch
  • Snack Basket
  • Complimentary sodas and water
  • Snack basket (may not be available without advance reservations)
Additional Cabana/Poolside Patio info, such as pricing and pictures, can be found on Page 1. I have not been able to confirm the prices have not changed, (prices are from the end of last year), but at least you have an idea. I prefer the privacy/full shade of the cabana. Hope that helps!
Sorry! Didn't mean for you to have to repeat everything you've already got on page 1 lol. I'm already familiar with both since I've been staying at the grand for so long, but my kids are 17 and 22 now so it's honestly been years since we swam in the beach pool other than to just go down the slide a few times maybe. I remember everything getting pretty loud around 3pm when they did kids games. Is there still a schedule or is it pretty much constant music and games nowadays? I do think I would enjoy the greater privacy of the cabanas so thanks for that comment. I also like that they have a view of the pool rather than been off to the side like the patios. Do you know if they can adjust the snacks for those with a gluten intolerance? I would assume so since they accommodate food sensitivities well in CL, but the recreation people were clueless when I asked.

Sorry! Didn't mean for you to have to repeat everything you've already got on page 1 lol. I'm already familiar with both since I've been staying at the grand for so long, but my kids are 17 and 22 now so it's honestly been years since we swam in the beach pool other than to just go down the slide a few times maybe. I remember everything getting pretty loud around 3pm when they did kids games. Is there still a schedule or is it pretty much constant music and games nowadays? I do think I would enjoy the greater privacy of the cabanas so thanks for that comment. I also like that they have a view of the pool rather than been off to the side like the patios. Do you know if they can adjust the snacks for those with a gluten intolerance? I would assume so since they accommodate food sensitivities well in CL, but the recreation people were clueless when I asked.

Sorry, I guess I completely misunderstood what you were asking! I’m not sure about allergies in a cabana, we forgot to mention it last time. Can you ask them to note your reservation?

I wonder if it's seasonal pricing or if the cabana went up? I called maybe last month to book for June and they quoted me $249 for Cabana and $159 for Poolside Patio, although I can't book it until April. I guess I'll find out in April!

Good question! My reservation is for the day before Easter so it could be seasonal pricing. Interested to hear what you find out!

Good question! My reservation is for the day before Easter so it could be seasonal pricing. Interested to hear what you find out!

I wonder if it's seasonal pricing or if the cabana went up? I called maybe last month to book for June and they quoted me $249 for Cabana and $159 for Poolside Patio, although I can't book it until April. I guess I'll find out in April!

Great point! I promise I’ll call next week and get a definitive answer!!

Great point! I promise I’ll call next week and get a definitive answer!!

I will report back on April 21st, lol...Either way I'm booking it if it's available! It just might cut into my snack/adult beverage fund. Or I'll need to save more for my snack/adult beverage fund, more likely. I forgot that date was Easter weekend. It will be nice to have a spot at the pool on a holiday weekend!

I will report back on April 21st, lol...Either way I'm booking it if it's available! It just might cut into my snack/adult beverage fund. Or I'll need to save more for my snack/adult beverage fund, more likely. I forgot that date was Easter weekend. It will be nice to have a spot at the pool on a holiday weekend!

Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it!!! I hope you guys enjoy it!!!

In general, is it tough to get a single lounge chair at either pool at peak times? I am staying solo near the end of June. Spending time at the resort and pools are a big part of my plans. A patio rental or cabana would guarantee me a spot, but as a party of one it seems a bit excessive to rent either. But, I am also worried about people who come and stake their claim to chairs early in the day, but never end up using them.
I was at gf over CDW and NYE and had no problem getting a chair. Gf is only resort at Covid that has lifeguards cleaning chairs in between use too. ( from those I have stayed at)

Sorry, I guess I completely misunderstood what you were asking! I’m not sure about allergies in a cabana, we forgot to mention it last time. Can you ask them to note your reservation?
My bad...I was the one who wasn't very clear. I have a tendency to be a bit wordy lol! They did say I can note it on my reservation when I am able to book it, but it would really stink to find out after the fact that they can't accommodate us. But it's Disney so I would think they can do it!

My bad...I was the one who wasn't very clear. I have a tendency to be a bit wordy lol! They did say I can note it on my reservation when I am able to book it, but it would really stink to find out after the fact that they can't accommodate us. But it's Disney so I would think they can do it!

It’s totally fine! I, at times, read too fast and miss important info! 🤦🏻‍♀️ They are usually Wonderful with allergies, so I can’t see why they wouldn’t be able to accommodate you! I’d either call again when you get closer or mention it at check in, just to make sure it’s noted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter